SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ted Rall and Seattle PI Trash the Troops

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 7:59 am    Post subject: Ted Rall and Seattle PI Trash the Troops Reply with quote

I just saw this cartoon on the November 26, 2005 Seattle PI website and was appalled. Needless to say, they got an earful from me, for whatever it is worth.

http://www.uclick.com/client/spi/tr/2005/11/26/index.html

Feel free to add your two cents worth and let's stop this before it gets any worse for our troops in Iraq.
PhantomSgt
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:37 am    Post subject: Re: Ted Rall and Seattle PI Trash the Troops Reply with quote

LewWaters wrote:
I just saw this cartoon on the November 26, 2005 Seattle PI website and was appalled. Needless to say, they got an earful from me, for whatever it is worth.

http://www.uclick.com/client/spi/tr/2005/11/26/index.html

Feel free to add your two cents worth and let's stop this before it gets any worse for our troops in Iraq.

This guy is a real con artist.

Cool Cool Cool

Independent that leans right of center.
MrJapan
PO1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted a thread about this freak of nature several months ago.... The local paper here in Japan runs an article a week from him (Ted). It got to the point that if I turned the page and his "OpEd" was there I would skip the whole page because he infuriates me so much. He is the looniest of the loony.
MJ

Last edited by MrJapan on Tue Dec 06, 2005 1:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Nutso
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just gave them a piece of my mind too, although I can't afford to spare a lot.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update: A friend also wrote them about this and received the following reply (I never received a reply to my nastygram)

Quote:
Thank your for your email. I, too, thought the strip tasteless. That's why I did not publish it. Every week when we select a Ted Rall for the paper, we toss out one that we consider outrageous. The reason why you saw the cartoon is that the P-I's New Media operation takes a feed directly from Ted Rall's syndicate. It's an online link that automatically posts every cartoon he draws. We are now reviewing this practice.

Again, thank you.
Regards, Mark Trahant

Even if it didn't make it to print in their paper, it has been there in their website for over a week now. I would hope that they would do a little more with this than "review the practice."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: