SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GOP TO LAUNCH 'WHITE FLAG' DEM ATTACK
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
becca1223
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:53 pm    Post subject: GOP TO LAUNCH 'WHITE FLAG' DEM ATTACK Reply with quote

Quote:
EXCLUSIVE: GOP TO LAUNCH 'WHITE FLAG' DEM ATTACK
Thu Dec 08 2005 18:02:44 ET

The DRUDGE REPORT has learned from a top GOP operative that the Republican National Committee will provide state parties with a web video prior to release tomorrow afternoon that shows a white flag waving over images of Democrat leaders making anti-war remarks.

The ad is in response to the controversial comments Democratic Party Chairman Howard Dean and 2004 Democratic Presidential nominee John Kerry made earlier in the week.

A Democratic strategist who had the web ad described to her said, “This is way over the top but we have no one to blame but Dean, Kerry and others who continue to pander to the anti-war activists within our party.”

The web video advances the Republican contention that the Democrats only have a “retreat and defeat” message on the war in Iraq.

The video highlights the effect Democrats can have on the morale of U.S. soldiers.

One Republican strategist familiar with the ad said, “The Democrats, especially Howard Dean have a way of trying to turn the tables and say ‘that’s not what I meant’ – its just those ‘evil Republicans’ This video will make them crazy – it reinforces what they really believe with what they actually said – and that is devastating for the Democratic Party.”

Developing...
http://www.drudgereport.com/flash2.htm

I like it! I love it! I want some more of it!
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good! I hope it sticks like the Commicrats lies about the president have been sticking.

Dusty
PhantomSgt
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This will be a campaign of shame that will carry on far past the mid term elections.

Watch the indignation and squeals of protest from these morons as it unfolds.

They have basically impeached themselves.

And to top it all off they didn't see the sucker punch coming from Carl Rove.

This is definately Classic.

Cool Cool Cool

Independent that leans right of center.
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Dems are going to scream bloody murder. About time this stuff got shoved down their throat, or is it the other end. They said it, they can't deny it.
kimberly
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've already began to hear rumblings......apparently there is a quote somewhere of Bush saying that the war is not winnable....taken out of context but then they say so are the dems quotes. anyway, I say better that they be on the defense.

Fox just started showing clips and discussing. I have seen Boxer, Kerry, and Dean.....but I am not able to view it on my computer. What about Murtha? anyone else?
kimberly
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear now that Murtha nor Pelosi are included on this? I wonder why?
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno. This ad looks like it was designed by some eager West Wing interns. A bit amateurish compared to the typical RNC productions. My first impression is that it lacks - well - "class".

Maybe it will serve to cause the Dems to sputter out some more intemperate remarks and therefore do some good. We'll see.

Schadow
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Commiecrats seem to be picking up on one particular term in their accusations now. They are all starting to call Iraq a 'mess'. So far I haven't heard anyone challange them on just what they mean by a 'mess' and just exactly what they would have done differently to make it 'not be a mess'.
Of course that gives them the advantage of 'hind sight' but I'd sure like to see them get challenged on it.
And they are still pushing the 'President's crediblilty gap with the American people' button too.
I wish someone would point out to them that they are the ones who have created the 'crediblilty gap' and that they have done it with no thought to the damage they are doing to the way our enemies and the rest of the world perceive America's leaders and thereby have been doing and continue to do 'irreperable' harm to the American cause during a world wide war.
In short, they have been behaving as outright traitors to America.
Who in hells side are they one anyway? By their words and actions, they are not on the side of this country.
Aiding and abetting the enemy does not a good American make.

Dusty
Uisguex Jack
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just watched the ad and I like it. I am guessing (hopefully) this is just the first of a series of like ads. There are allot more clips available than what they've used here.

One thing for sure.... Al Queda understands and employs a large variety of 'information channels' to get their word out and recruit--- a la hare Krishna. They use Al Jazeera, the internet, mid East print press, Western broadcast and print press. Al Queda and the democrats have in common a great willingness to lie to get their points across. Eventually these lies are going to catch up with each of them.

Also in Common with Al Queda and the democrats, a need for their audience to be as ignorant of history and void of common sense as possible.
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this ad. LOL, the white flags constantly flying.
Too bad its only a web video. I would love to see it running all over national television!!
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
homesteader
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to worry Shawa. The howls from the dems are going to draw more attention to this than they desire. It will get lots of conventional media coverage just like the original Swiftee ads.
kimberly
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know homesteader, unless they speak out about it tomorrow. i just saw it (finally) addressed on cnn. Blitzer and Crowley talked about it. Crowley said that the dems had decided that Harry Reid should address the issue and all he said was something about not politicizing the war. I have had dang cnn on all day.....maybe fox is having more luck getting the dems to speak out, lol, i can change the channel. The more they talk the more fodder. IMO
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kimberly wrote:
Crowley said that the dems had decided that Harry Reid should address the issue and all he said was something about not politicizing the war.

"Not politicizing the war." Now, there's a novel idea. Harry has come up with a winner! Rolling Eyes

Schadow
rparrott21
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good start,,,if they add all the Dems that are surrendering..it would be a mini series..
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schadow wrote:
kimberly wrote:
Crowley said that the dems had decided that Harry Reid should address the issue and all he said was something about not politicizing the war.

"Not politicizing the war." Now, there's a novel idea. Harry has come up with a winner! Rolling Eyes

Schadow

Yeah, like the pot calling the kettle black it is.

Dusty
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: