SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry - Then and Now

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:20 pm    Post subject: Kerry - Then and Now Reply with quote

Kerry speaks occasionally to the Council on Foreign Relations. Yesterday, 8 Dec 05, Kerry delivered this message, as reported by the Dissociated Press:

Quote:
The United States needs to reduce its forces in Iraq by "at least 100,000" by the end of 2006, sending a message to the Middle East that Americans are not interested in maintaining a permanent military presence in that country, Sen. John Kerry said Thursday.

On 3 Dec 03, running for president, Kerry said this to the Council on Foreign Relations [emphasis mine]:

Quote:
Those of us who seek the Democratic presidential nomination owe the American people more than just anger, more than just criticisms of the Bush policy, or even piecemeal solutions.  We need to convince America that we Democrats are responsible stewards of our national security and of America's role in the world, and that we can follow in the great tradition of Roosevelt, Truman and Kennedy.

I fear that in the run-up to the 2004 election, the administration is considering what is tantamount to a cut-and-run strategy.  Their sudden embrace of accelerated Iraqification and American troop withdrawal dates, without adequate stability, is an invitation to failure.  The hard work of rebuilding Iraq must not be dictated by the schedule of the next American election.

I have called for the administration to transfer sovereignty, and they must transfer it to the Iraqi people as quickly as circumstances permit. But it would be a disaster and a disgraceful betrayal of principle to speed up the process simply to lay the groundwork for a politically expedient withdrawal of American troops.  That could risk the hijacking of Iraq by terrorist groups and former Ba'athists. Security and political stability cannot be divorced.  Security must come first.....

Remember, that last quote was from two years ago when this fraud was running for president. Doesn't he have the sense to realize that one's words are taken down and played back?

http://jpundit.typepad.com/jci/2005/12/john_kerry_well.html

Schadow
Uisguex Jack
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry but that is just too funny. Given the two quotes do you think it might be fair to say this guy is wishy washy, flip floppy, duplicitous and gelatinous?

I just can not deny the nexus between Kerry and his 'youthfull exuberant' testimony in 71 and the millions who died in Cambodia shortly after wards.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is one for the books Schadow. Great post.
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uisguex Jack wrote:
Given the two quotes do you think it might be fair to say this guy is wishy washy, flip floppy, duplicitous and gelatinous?

To say nothing of nuanced. Rolling Eyes

Schadow
Curtis H.
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

note: In compliance with C&F's "Cartoon Use Policy", I have added a hyperlink to their website/me#1
P. Aaron
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same 'have it anyway that'll keep me in office' commie-pinko-leftist Kerry crap we've always seen.
AMOS
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 9:41 pm    Post subject: Mugwump Reply with quote

sKerry's no different than the Mugwumps of long ago. Mug on one side of the fence and wump on the other. No brains in either end.
Doll
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 10:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Mugwump Reply with quote

AMOS wrote:
sKerry's no different than the Mugwumps of long ago. Mug on one side of the fence and wump on the other. No brains in either end.

Laughing

Ditto! Smile

Guess that is why he is still a flipper just flipping any way he wants to keep himself in office. It still astounds me that people cannot see through his crap! Confused

The HILL Chronicles

Soldiers' Angels

"Wednesday Hero - Google It!"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: