SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BBC News: World 'losing patience with Iran'

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 6:00 pm    Post subject: BBC News: World 'losing patience with Iran' Reply with quote

I would suggest that, perhaps, a commencement of "redeployment" may be due east...

Quote:
World 'losing patience with Iran'
BBC News
Friday, 9 December 2005

(graphic inset text) Mohamed ElBaradei urged Iran to be transparent

The head of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) has said the world is losing patience with Iran over its nuclear programme.

Mohamed ElBaradei, who is in Oslo to receive the Nobel Peace Prize, said outstanding nuclear issues with Iran would be clarified next year.

The US and EU suspect Iran of pursuing nuclear weapons but Tehran says its programme is for civilian energy use.

The IAEA has repeatedly expressed concern about Tehran's activities.

BBC News - cont'd
PhantomSgt
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do we turn left from Iraq and take on Syria or do we turn right and eliminate the Mullahs? Either way we need to finish them both off if there is ever to be peace in the world.

It may take an occupation of two or three decades just to breed the terror out of them.

Cool Cool Cool

Independent that leans right of center.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since it's members of the UN and Europe "growing tired," maybe THEY need to turn away from their normal yellow and do something about Iran. If we end up tackling the problem, you can bet these same "weary" ones will be first in line to cry about American agressions again.
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You got it, Lew. I can hear it now. Imperialist America attacks another MidEast nation!! ( Must be for the oil, of course).
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
wwIIvetsdaughter
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isreal will not stand for Iran having nukes given the anti-Isreali remarks her leaders expouse. I think they may pull another strike ala the one against Iraq's "civilian" nuclear power plant some twenty plus years ago. I say more power to them and I hope we provide them with whatever intelligence assistance they need to get the job done. God blesses those who bless Isreal.
kimberly
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwIIvetsdaughter wrote:
Isreal will not stand for Iran having nukes given the anti-Isreali remarks her leaders expouse. I think they may pull another strike ala the one against Iraq's "civilian" nuclear power plant some twenty plus years ago. I say more power to them and I hope we provide them with whatever intelligence assistance they need to get the job done. God blesses those who bless Isreal.

If they are going to do it, don't they need to do it soon? I thought I read that Russia is or did provide Iran with the capbility, shoot, can't think of the word (i hate when that happens).....to prevent an attack, something like patriot missle? Ok, it's 3:30 am, but you know what I mean......
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the rest of the world does nothing about Iran's nuke program, we can count on Israel to do it.
They will not allow Iran to gain nuke capabilities.
But the task is daunting because Iran has spread their program out over many locations and buried them in hardened facilities.
It would take many strikes over a prolonged period to decimate their program.
But that Israel will attempt it there can be no doubt.

Dusty
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no doubts that Israel will soon step up and do what they can to stop Iran from gaining nuclear weapons. As soon as they do, watch how the spineless UN and European Nations, the ones crying about how tired and worried they are about Iran, will be shocked and outraged at the "senseless aggression" of Israel.

Europe really galls me with their constant whining about the dangers of the world and their own spineless inactions. Yet, when others do the dirty work they should be doing and are crying for, they are the first to condemn them.

Once Israel does do something about the Iranian Nukes, I can see only the US standing by her, except for our own spineless Looney Leftists that will join Europe in their condemnations.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: