SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Personal Plug

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
USAFE5
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:56 am    Post subject: Personal Plug Reply with quote

This is my first web page. I would appreciate feedback.

http://errands4ulv.freewebpage.org/
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The web page looks very nice.

Good luck in your venture. Very Happy
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've obviously mastered many of the specialty items used on web pages and have done it well. Since you asked for feedback, anything with more than 3 fonts probably qualifies as a 'ransom note', you'll probably like the appearance more if you set some limits.
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty good first effort there USAFE5.
Only a couple of cosmetic things I can see.
Where you have your scrolling Marquee, it and the two graphics aren't centered on the page. Also, you may want to decrease the size of the font on the Marquee so that more of the message is visible at once so that the viewer doesn't have to wait quite so long to read all the message.
Then at the bottom of the page, this paragraph
Quote:
Please contact us by email for more information and personalized rates. Most errands can be scheduled with a 24 hour notice. We provide insured vehicles for all errands. We cover the Las Vegas Valley from Henderson to North Las Vegas.

isn't centered.
Also, you may want to set up your MetaTags.
Other than that, it looks good.
And good luck with the business.
Oh yeah, a very good inexpensive website host with lots of extras is Bravenet. Just do the www and .com thing and you will find them.

Dusty
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool. How about "Your list is our command" instead of "guide"?

Schadow
USAFE5
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the ideas and feedback. I was using Frontpage and it looks centered there but I seem to have spacing issues when I publish it to the site.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

USAFE5, if I might express an opposing view, "marquee text" is rather early 1990's and I can recall reading on several web design sites that it is "eye candy" that is neither productive use of space, in vogue or viewer friendly. I believe the thinking is that there's little chance that a prospective client will be so overwhelmed by your rolling text that he will want to linger long enough to read it. Most won't have the patience to wait.

I don't know if you've looked, but there's a wealth of info out there on web design...perhaps a bit of Googling in that regard might be helpful?

Just my $.02 and good luck with your venture Wink
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:
USAFE5, if I might express an opposing view, "marquee text" is rather early 1990's and I can recall reading on several web design sites that it is "eye candy" that is neither productive use of space, in vogue or viewer friendly. I believe the thinking is that there's little chance that a prospective client will be so overwhelmed by your rolling text that he will want to linger long enough to read it. Most won't have the patience to wait.

I don't know if you've looked, but there's a wealth of info out there on web design...perhaps a bit of Googling in that regard might be helpful?

Just my $.02 and good luck with your venture Wink

#1 is 100 percent correct on that.

USAFE5, if you do not mind there are many writers that post here who can give you some damn good syntax. Do you mind if people give ideas on your wording and in the process improve ourselves by counter-point?

I can be the catylist by working your wording and others can judge and modify it.

Smile
USAFE5
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any and all help is appreciated, my forte isn't language it is getting things done, like shopping....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: