SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Pentagon Breaks the Islam Taboo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 5:30 pm    Post subject: The Pentagon Breaks the Islam Taboo Reply with quote

http://frontpagemag.com/Articles/ReadArticle.asp?ID=20539
The Pentagon Breaks the Islam Taboo
Washington's policy-makers have been careful in the war on terror to distinguish between Islam and the terrorists. The distinction has rankled conservatives who see scarce difference.

A little-noticed speech by President Bush in October gave them some hope. In a major rhetorical shift, he described the enemy as "Islamic radicals" and not just "terrorists," although he still denies that radicalism has anything to do with their religion.

Now for the first time, a key Pentagon intelligence agency involved in homeland security is delving into Islam's holy texts to answer whether Islam is being radicalized by the terrorists or is already radical. Military brass want a better understanding of what's motivating the insurgents in Iraq and the terrorists around the globe, including those inside America who may be preparing to strike domestic military bases. The enemy appears indefatigable, even more active now than before 9/11.
(click on the link below to continue)
http://frontpagemag.com/Articles/ReadArticle.asp?ID=20539

This is probably the best article I've read on the why in the war on terror.
I recommend it to everyone.
Jack

Last edited by BuffaloJack on Thu Dec 15, 2005 5:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 7:16 pm    Post subject: Re: The US war effort suffers heavily from political correct Reply with quote

BuffaloJack wrote:
This is probably the best article I read on the why in the war on terror.

I recommend it to everyone.

Jack

That is indeed an interesting (and chilling) read. Here are some more snips from it:

Quote:
....unlike Judaism and Christianity, Islam advocates expansion by force. The final command of jihad, as revealed to Muhammad in the Quran, is to conquer the world in the name of Islam. The defense briefing adds that Islam is also unique in classifying unbelievers as "standing enemies against whom it is legitimate to wage war."

Right now political leaders don't understand the true nature of the threat, it says, because the intelligence community has yet to educate them. They still think Muslim terrorists, even suicide bombers, are mindless "criminals" motivated by "hatred of our freedoms," rather than religious zealots motivated by their faith. And as a result, we have no real strategic plan for winning a war against jihadists.

And these thoughts from a Northern Command intel official:

Quote:
"....However, all of these [intelligence] organizations have made only limited progress adjusting to the current threat or the sharing of information."

Why? "All suffer heavily from political correctness," he explains.

PC still infects the Pentagon, four years after jihadists hit the nation's military headquarters

"Most Americans don't realize we are in a war of survival -- a war that is going to continue for decades," the Northcom official warns.

It remains to be seen, however, whether our PC-addled political leaders would ever adopt such controversial measures.

The controversial measures consist of educating Americans about the fact that we are trying to counter a religion-driven campaign to destroy us. It just goes against the grain of Americans to acknowledge that the evil may be Islam, itself, embodied in each "true believer." Pretty scary.

Thanks for finding that, Jack

Schadow
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good article. Good link BuffaloJack.
I think it's about time we woke up.
This is a religous war, no doubt about it.

Dusty
PhantomSgt
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the message 25 years ago and now the Pentagon finally wakes up from the Long Slumber and realizes we are in a war for our very existence.

To the Islamist we are the Infidel and should be exterminated right along with the Jews.

Cool Cool Cool

Independent that leans right of center.
joeshero
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was and am still horrified by the horror of 9/11. But, the more I think about it, the more I believe that it happened for a purpose. It revealed, at least for me and others who understand, the true dark power behind it. Since then, I have studied Islam rather intensively from many extensive sources including Quran and Hadists. And the picture is very chilling. I wonder whether our politicians have interest and a little time reading materials related to Islam--and of course not the ones written by Islam apologists such as Karen Amstrong and others.

And more troubling is, the secularists, including the mainstream media, seem to hate Christianity more than they concern for their own security. Their hatred of Christianity has blinded them from seeing the threat posed by Islam.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: