SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Special Delivery Letter for Congressman Murtha!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PhantomSgt
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:01 am    Post subject: Special Delivery Letter for Congressman Murtha! Reply with quote

Rep. Murtha is causing casualties
Posted: December 16, 2005
1:00 a.m. Eastern

Editor's note: David Bellavia is a former U.S. Army staff sergeant who served in the First Infantry Division for six years. He has been recommended for the Medal of Honor by his leadership, and has been nominated for the Distinguished Service Cross. He has received the Silver Star, the Bronze Star, the Conspicuous Service Cross (New York state's highest combat valor award) and was recently inducted into the New York State Veteran's Hall of Fame. His Task Force 2-2 Infantry has fought on such battlefields as Al Muqdadiyah, An Najaf, Al Fallujah, Mosul, and Baqubah. His actions in Fallujah, Iraq, were documented in the Nov. 22, 2004, cover story "Into the Hot Zone" by award-winning journalist Michael Ware. He is 30 years old.

By LETTER OF THE WEEK
© 2005 WorldNetDaily.com

As the debris continues to settle from the explosion detonated by Representative John Murtha's, D-Pa., continued rapid fire defeatist comments this past week, I wonder how he expected his statements to be perceived. As an infantryman whose boots are still caked with blood and dust from Iraq, I am beyond confused with the Democratic Party's "Prada Pant Suit Posse" of Reps. Nancy Pelosi and Louise Slaughter's insistence that he preserve his title as a combat visionary.

As rancor and hyperbole have reached its peak, we continue to be fed bastardized statistics and a complete denial that Iraq – according to al-Qaida intercepts – is indeed the front line in the War on Terror. Murtha's outrage seems to be concerned with the massive amount of American youth far from home and in harm's way. There is no outrage that we have 1,700 troops patrolling Kosovo's tranquil streets. No complaints from the left when asked about the 3,000 troop presence in Bosnia or why there is a need for 1,754 troops in Iceland. "Mr. President, bring home our boys from Iceland NOW"!

When President Clinton sent 15,000 troops into post-hostile Bosnia to get the job done, it was the equivalent of keeping 585,000 troops in Iraq post invasion, when equating terrain and population. Tellingly, the silence from the left is deafening. To the leftists in America, Clinton understood war like no other. The template is simple: Pull out when the blood starts to flow (Somalia) and over commit when there is no chance of loss (Kosovo and Bosnia).

As Congress jockeys for their individual credibility in who has eaten more meals at Halliburton chow halls, Murtha stands and wears his lone Bronze Star with Valor (BSV) as his badge of authority. On behalf of every veteran of Iraqi Freedom who has exchanged hot lead with this enemy, allow me to state: "Mr. Murtha you don't know 'Jack' about the mujahadeen."

Rep. Murtha quotes an unscientific poll that concludes arrogantly that "80 percent of Iraqis want us out." I am no John Zogby, but I conclude 100 percent of Iraqi's want us out ... eventually. They very much want us there while Islamo-fascists continue to blow them up as they worship and apply to serve the cause of freedom.

My peers are not appreciative of the Sen. Kennedy and Kerry elitists who daily attempt to uncover mistakes made by this administration, while my brothers under fire bleed to death thousands of miles from their homes. In the era of digital satellite, these senators have put us on daily trial for executing a war as it unfolds, without delay and in its entirety.

Iraqi veterans are without apologies for not finding weapons of mass destruction today in Iraq. As former administrations ignored the present danger in this region for years before 9-11, we in the trenches pay the price for our past inability to confront our brazen enemies. Each day, the enemy hopes that one more 10-plus death toll inflicted against the coalition via a roadside bomb will be the last straw of the American collective will.

Voting against the immediate pull out of the troops and then carpet bombing every TV program that offers an invite by supporting Murtha's ignorance is a political attack that is aiding the enemy. Congress has had multiple opportunities to pass official articles of war against al-Qaida and her assets to end once and for all the bipartisan bickering of why we fight in Iraq today. They have yet to act.

Make no mistake: This is a middle- to lower-class war, fought by volunteers of the greatest generation of American Warriors ever born. I personally have written over 47 Bronze Stars with Valor awards for the members of my 34-man infantry platoon. The BSV is alarmingly growing more and more common during this fight and yet my peers cannot use their awards as a platform to defend their noble struggle, because they are still deep in the fight. Neither Mr. Murtha, nor any other congressional representative, has held a position in a skirmish line under fire in Iraq, yet they pontificate to the masses from "their war" experience.

Not one has borne witness to the extreme close quarter nature of this fight or commented on the tearful thanks from a deserving and proud people who need us to stay the course. Yet Rep. Murtha has the extreme audacity to call my peers "broken."

The testament to the American soldier is the attrition on the other end of the battlefield in Iraq, and it is almost biblical in proportion. Hundreds of thousands of Iranian-trained Hezbollah, Chechnyan, Wahabbi and local mujahadeen militants have been pacified by our young patriots and their continuation of the legacy of the American Warrior Ethos. Funny how a man like Murtha – who made his career on detailing his heroism under fire – is the first to chip at away at my generation's valor.

As my peers continue to bleed for the acceptance from a growingly cynical media, it must be stated: We are not "broken," we have never "terrorized Iraqis in their homes" and we are most certainly not "living hand to mouth."

Each day, the Iraqi War veteran grows closer to the embarrassing disrespect of the Vietnam warrior. Each day, legislators like Rep. Murtha move us closer to losing a winnable war and abandoning a worthy ally. Democratic leadership feels the need to apologize for our nation's ability to deliver unrelenting prudent lethality onto our deserving enemies. Instead of supporting the cause of my peers, they stoke the fires of the al-Jazeera faithful, who would see a pullout in Iraq as a greater victory than the Soviet retreat in Afghanistan.

Though soldiers bleed for the very right to dissent from the truth, we must remember that at times our dissent will embolden our desperate Islamo-fascist enemy when they read accounts of the growing fecklessness of the American people and her policymakers.

"Staying the course" isn't a campaign slogan – it is a life-support message to my peers. Congressman Murtha – above all others – should know the perils inherent in dictating military policy from across the Potomac in a time of war. I imagine he can still taste the hated partisan spittle of the war protestors 30 years ago. Like Vietnam, the American soldier cannot be defeated on the field of battle, only by the failure of the political class to stomach the hardships of combat.

David Bellavia

I hope this young man gets the chance to testify at a congressional hearing and look Murtha straight in the eye!

Link is here: http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=47936

Cool Cool Cool

Independent that leans right of center.
Doll
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Each day, the Iraqi War veteran grows closer to the embarrassing disrespect of the Vietnam warrior. Each day, legislators like Rep. Murtha move us closer to losing a winnable war and abandoning a worthy ally.

Excellent piece. It truly is sad that Murtha and his cohorts continue to undermine our troops and this war. They continually seek their own agenda at the expense of our troops. It is treasonous. What hurt me most when I read this was the paragraph above, but in particular:

Quote:
Each day, the Iraqi War veteran grows closer to the embarrassing disrespect of the Vietnam warrior.

This is such a different war. There is absolutely NO comparison yet these idiots continue to go there. Do they relish in the loss of Viet Nam and do they enjoy the degregation that Viet Nam Vets suffered? What kind of man is Murtha, other than another proto-type of Kerry. No Vet, Nam or this war, any war, should suffer that type of degregation.

I pray in 2006 voters choose wisely whom they elect. It would be optimum if they did their own research, but I am left to believe they will rely as usual on the msm. God help us all!

The HILL Chronicles

Soldiers' Angels

"Wednesday Hero - Google It!"
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I will print this and mail it to Murtha's office just to make sure he got it. Anyone else???

District Office
P.O. Box 780
Johnstown, PA 15907

Washington, D.C. Office
2423 Rayburn HOB
Washington, DC 20515
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You gotta like that guy, I was just waiting for some wot vet too come out swinging, sorta makes murtha look like a boy scout, I get so sick of hearing left wingnuts making him look like John Wayne when they constantly refer too him. Rolling Eyes
GM Strong

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blue9t3 wrote:
You gotta like that guy, I was just waiting for some wot vet too come out swinging, sorta makes murtha look like a boy scout, I get so sick of hearing left wingnuts making him look like John Wayne when they constantly refer too him. Rolling Eyes

Careful with your Boy Scout referrals. They are patriots and under assault from the left as well. I am an Eagle. It was Liberals that Booed their Eagle Scout color guard at the Democrats convention not too long ago..2000/ AlGore/ Los Angeles.

http://www.freerepublic.com/forum/a399ccdf8446f.htm
GenrXr

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brilliant article!

Thank you David for sharing your wisdom with us.
PhantomSgt
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should also forward a copy to Senator Kennedy and Junior Kerry as they are referenced in the letter.

The copy I printed out for Howard Dean I would like to personally deliver to him rolled up in a tubular fashion. I would then shove it straight up his lilly white ...........

Cool Cool Cool

Independent that leans right of center.

Last edited by PhantomSgt on Sat Dec 17, 2005 6:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
AMOS
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhantomSgt wrote:
We should also forward a copy to Senator Kennedy and Junior Kerry as they are referenced in the letter.

The copy I printed out for John Dean I would like to personally deliver to him rolled up in a tubular fashion. I would then shove it straight up his lilly white ...........

Ain't room for it, he's fulla crap.
8) 8) 8)
baldeagle
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doll wrote:

This is such a different war. There is absolutely NO comparison yet these idiots continue to go there. Do they relish in the loss of Viet Nam and do they enjoy the degregation that Viet Nam Vets suffered? What kind of man is Murtha, other than another proto-type of Kerry. No Vet, Nam or this war, any war, should suffer that type of degregation.

It is like Vietnam, to the extent that, if lost, it will not have been lost by the troops in the field, but by the pu$$ies on the hill.
"In a word, I want an American character, that the powers of Europe may be convinced we act for ourselves and not for others; this, in my judgment, is the only way to be respected abroad and happy at home." --George Washington
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: