SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pirro drops out of NY Senate race

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 12:56 am    Post subject: Pirro drops out of NY Senate race Reply with quote

This seems to have Red Queen's Clintonista's fingerprints/ bootprints all over it. The Hildebeast must have had a real fear of this person. I wonder what kind of dirt they found.

ALBANY, N.Y. - After weeks of pressure from her own party to drop out, Republican Jeanine Pirro abandoned her struggling campaign to unseat Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton and announced Wednesday that she will run for New York attorney general instead. "I have decided that my law enforcement background better qualifies me for a race for New York State attorney general than a race for the United States Senate," Pirro, the Westchester County district attorney, said in a statement.

With her campaign against Clinton in trouble, Pirro had been under strong pressure from top state GOP leaders to make the switch.

The two alternatives are sure losers. I hope she wins the AG race anyway.
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was just a week ago I heard her say she was in for the race, I just want to hear the wildabeast say shes in it for four years!...yea right! Embarassed
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

she didnt need the Clinton Goonsquad, she had herself & her hubby to do enough damage all on their own.

What we had was a handful of elites trying to push a Hillary Lite onto the party, when they had better candidates.

Cox and Spencer had broader bases of support than Pirro ever did. But, Reps didn't want to spend a lot of $$ on a primary, wanted to save it for the election. Cox had picked up county committee endorsements in upstate before Pataki strong armed him to step aside for Pirro ' for party unity'. blahblahblah.

And after Cox withdrew, these same upstate committees endorsed Spencer - still refusing to endorse Pirro.
Now that she's gone, some have asked Cox to get back in the race. Either way, he or Spencer have a better chance than Pirro ever would have. She would only have been an AnybodyButClinton candidate

will be interesting to see what develops now
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: