SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Huh?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 3:52 pm    Post subject: Huh? Reply with quote

Now WHAT in the heck is THIS about?

I have become almost immune to anti-Bush rhetoric emanating from the Kerry left, but this expands the bizzarro-world boundaries of their alternate universe exponentially. Being a given that any utterance from Kerry Inc. is carefully concocted to further his lust for national prominence, is he actually suggesting that the Bush Administration is softer in its support for Israel than the blatantly pro-palestinian left and their French looking candidate-fraud (who also served in Vietnam)?

Someone s'plain this to me. Could this possibly be laying some comparative groundwork for future combat against the Red Queen? Analysis...please?

Quote:
The Outrageous Silence of George W. Bush
By Teresa Heinz Kerry
December 23, 2005

In calling the Holocaust "a myth," as he did last week, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has drunk from the bloody cup shared by the malevolent enemies of equality and justice, the ultra right-wingers and haters who live in history's shadows.

Need it be said, again? The gas chambers, the bureaucratic system of murder, the efforts to sever an entire people from their place in this world, did happen, did exist and remains a unifying cause for those who choose justice, now and forever more.

This latest outburst gives the Bush administration a second opportunity to send a strong message in support of Israel and of the global community, and to make a clear statement against bigotry and hatred. This time, President Bush should not let the moment pass — as he did after Ahmadinejad called for Israel to be "wiped off the map" in an October 28 hate-filled speech.

Ahmadinejad's denial of the Holocaust and his denigration of an important ally and close friend of America was an outrage. But so, too, was the tepid American response.

Forward - cont'd
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When did Madam Lurch become a friend of Israel?? Shocked Shocked I knew this woman was a ditz, but this is surreal. Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised Confused Confused

Last edited by GM Strong on Fri Dec 23, 2005 9:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
PhantomSgt
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK Tereeza at your request the President will invade Iran to protect your husband's European Jewish Heritage. Since we are a little short of funds to wage another war, I know we can count on your generosity to underwrite our new war with Iran.

Cool Cool Cool

Independent that leans right of center.
GoophyDog
PO1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if I had questions I guess they would be:

1. Oppression? Correct me if I'm wrong but Madam Tereeza, you are white. I believe the SA oppression was directed at blacks but gee, correct me if I'm wrong and you rich SA landowners were actually oppressed.

2. Voice? Hmmm, being married to a member of the Senate, it would appear that you have in your purse (unless he's already snagged all the loose change), a member of the government that has been rather absent in his rhetoric as well. Don't you think it would be wiser to start this "outrage" at home first? Unless of course, since the one election is over, you don't manage to see him much.

What I really find disturbing is the amount of space the Forward gave her. They must really be hurting for content.
SBD
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How sweet that she has the "balls" to speak out in support of Israel for her Jewish husband. Another example of Teresa humilating her husband who has none, sounds good to me since Kerry pretends he's Irish anyway.

SBD
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Newsmax covered this last night also.

Quote:
Teresa Heinz Kerry: Bush Too Easy on Iran

Thursday, Dec. 22, 2005 6:25 p.m. EST

Teresa Heinz Kerry says she is "outraged" that President Bush didn't react more forcefully to Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's recent recommendation that Israel be "wiped off the map," saying that the way to deal with Iranian threats is by issuing "the strongest possible condemnations."

Re-adopting her husband's last name for a column in Thursday's Jewish Forward, Heinz Kerry complained:

"The Bush administration - which so often answers challenges with confrontational language - took this occasion to whisper. With the exception of America's ambassador to the United Nations, John Bolton, who denounced the remarks as "pernicious and unacceptable," the Bush administration explained those comments as if they had been uttered by a crazy relative - and then returned to its talking points on Iran's nuclear weapons program."

<snip>

"The only way to prevent the virus from surviving and spreading," the former Mrs. Heinz advises, "is to attack, killing it with the strongest possible condemnations before it has a chance to mutate and spread."

Bush Too Easy on Iran
Doll
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
But Bush was not among them. Not a single word of disapproval passed the president's lips.

The lesson of the last century and more is clear: Acts of hatred often follow words of hatred, and the best way to head off hideous deeds is to respond swiftly and with certainty. Instead of explaining away Iran's behavior, or scoring minor tactical points, it is time to let the antisemites know that Americans will not tolerate their calls for violence or especially grievous insults to history.

Admittedly I dislike Teresa Heinz Kerry and believe in the past she has spoken out and acted as, well, to be polite, a fruit loop.

However, having said that, here I do believe she makes a good point, anti-semitism is on the rise and it should not be tolerated. That if it is to become the norm, we will be doomed to reap the rewards of the past which were ugly.

As far as President Bush speaking out about it, he in the past has stated he abhorred any references to anti-semitism. Does that mean he should speak out each and every time, as her implication is that by not speaking it is giving Iran some sort of silent approval, no. Sometimes it is better to keep silent and let others deal with it for a period of time. There will be a time when the President does address this, but as we all know, our country is about diplomacy. Do I always agree with it, no. But I respect those that I have entrusted to office to know when to show diplomacy and when not to.

Considering the record of her narcissist husband, she needs to make her points without taking over the role of her husband in lambasting our administration. Her well made points about anti-semitism could very well have been made without the political hype and ruining the important message she was trying to convey about anti-semitism with liberal partisianship. Rolling Eyes

The HILL Chronicles

Soldiers' Angels

"Wednesday Hero - Google It!"
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't mind for a second the lack of a Bush response to Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. A certified islamoterrorist, Ahmadinejad's ravings are what one would expect. It would be beneath the President to react strongly to this lunatic.

What I hope will happen is that His Excellency, the President of Iran, be denied a visa the next time he wishes to come to the UN to be fawned over by the rest of the 'excellencies' infesting the place.

Schadow
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: