SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SADDAM "WHITE HOUSE THE BIGGEST LIAR"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wwIIvetsdaughter
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 2:43 am    Post subject: SADDAM "WHITE HOUSE THE BIGGEST LIAR" Reply with quote

Saddam seems to be simply aping the Democratic Party with this and his contention he was "tortured" by the Marines during his incarceration. I wonder if this gives any Dems in DC pause to think "just what the heck are we doing?"
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What we are seeing in this farce of a trial is the handiwork of Ramsey Clark who is there solely to coach Saddam and his co-defendants on how to tie up and disrupt the proceedings. It will be successful only if the Iraqi prosecutors and judges allow it to go on indefinitely.

I'm betting that the latter are not going to take it much longer. Seems like Saddam and the others could be banned from the courtroom; the testimony of every accuser taken; transcripts given to the defendants who would rebut in writing by a date certain; and the judges announce a verdict. (Disclaimer: I know nutheeeng about Iraqi law!)

As for the Dems in DC, they are putting all their chips in on the prospect of getting GWB impeached by a Dem House of Representatives after the '06 elections. I feel that the term "think" does not belong in the same sentence as "Democrat".

Schadow
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rush did a parody speech of Saddam a few weeks ago, and now it is becoming reality. He predicted Saddam could use Liberal Dem talking point and he is. Good 'ol Ramsey Clark.
AMOS
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 4:19 pm    Post subject: Dumbocrats Reply with quote

Impeach Bush? That shows the inability of the Dumbocrats to think, much less think ahead. Who would succeed Bush but old "F-bomb Cheney". That would be fun.

Dumbocrats: Think vitamin B-12.
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 4:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Dumbocrats Reply with quote

AMOS wrote:
.....Who would succeed Bush but old "F-bomb Cheney". That would be fun.

The insane Democrats are not thinking past punishing GWB, so furious are they at the inability of Gore and Kerry to steal the elections of 2000 and 2004.

A Democrat House under the leadership of Speaker Pelosi (third in line of succession for the Presidency!) and the House Judiciary Committee under the gavel of John Conyers of Michigan would no doubt play the impeachment card. If nothing else, such a move would bring to a halt the business of the remainder of the second term. Voting en bloc, who knows what the Dems could pull off? Lack of evidence of wrongdoing would mean nothing.

Just to be safe, let's somehow ensure a continuation of a Republican majority in the House.

Schadow
GM Strong

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't is obvious?? Impeach the President, VP resigns over a phony CIA charge and Stretch gets to be Pres after she becomes the Speaker. Not going to happen. Razz Razz Razz Razz
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ss tt rr ee tt cc hh----- Laughing Laughing Laughing Merry Christmas everyone!
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GM Strong wrote:
Isn't is obvious?? Impeach the President, VP resigns over a phony CIA charge and Stretch gets to be Pres after she becomes the Speaker. Not going to happen. Razz Razz Razz Razz

A cooler scenario would be if conviction of GWB on Articles of Impeachment appears imminent, Cheney resigns due to "health concerns"; Bush appoints Rice as VP and John Bolton as SecState. The Senate Judiciary and Foreign Relations Cabals would get so wrapped up in those confirmation fights they would lose interest in impeachment. Well, maybe not.

A serious question: Does the Chief Justice, presiding in Senate impeachment voting sessions, have the power to summarily overrule convictions as most judges have? I don't think so, but maybe someone in here knows better. I know, I should read the Constitution.

Hope everyone is having a great Christmas!

Schadow
I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does this trigger Senator John (did I tell you I was a POW) McCain's amendment?

-Wlm Shakespeare
GM Strong

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Liberals would have to regain serious majority control of both houses to do anything. Ain't going to happen.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: