SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My Christmas Greetings to Our Local Libs.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stupson
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 8:39 am    Post subject: My Christmas Greetings to Our Local Libs. Reply with quote

This was published in the New Bern, NC Sun Journal on Christmas day. Hope they got some heartburn. Stu

I hate war. It maims, it mutilates, and it is among mankind’s vilest endeavors. But, other things are more loathsome.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks nothing worth a war, is worse. A man who has nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance at being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." John Stuart Mill.

America, 2005, is about our better men, fighting on the frontlines against terrorism as here, at home, "miserable creatures" dishonor that mission and their service. Contrast the millions of blissful Iraqi faces voting last week to the morose Tin Foil Beanie Brigade’s MoveOn.Org, Dean, Kerry, Pelosi, that dimwit Sheehan, and mega-sot Kennedy monotonously degrading every U.S. achievement. They usually conclude “But we support the troops!” Yeah Right! I'd like a summary of how many personal letters and packages these self-serving vermin have sent our troops.

Other Liberal, Cut and Run, Surrender Monkeys are oblivious to the high price of freedom as they gratuitously soil the nations’ editorial pages.

Thankfully, we have our warriors, our “better men,” and so obtuse they are not.

Stu Upson
New Bern
JN173
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recieved this without atributition, but felt it agreed with the orginal topic enough to warrent passing along anyway.

Quote:
For my Democratic Friends [does that mean I have some!?!]:

"Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, our best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low-stress, non-addictive, gender-neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasion and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all. We also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2006, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make America great. Not to imply that America is necessarily greater than any other country nor the only America in the Western Hemisphere. And without regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith or sexual preference of the wishee. By accepting these greetings you are accepting these terms. This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal. It is freely transferable with no alteration to the original greeting. It implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes for herself or himself or others, and is void where prohibited by law and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wisher. This wish is warranted to perform as expected within the usual application of good tidings for a period of one year or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first, and warranty is limited to replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wisher."

For my Republican Friends:

Here's wishing all of You a
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Note: Being sensitive to the feelings of my Democrate friends I started to substitute liberal for the misnomer Democratic (sic) but that wold void the grant of transferability. Wink
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stupson said
Quote:
Other Liberal, Cut and Run, Surrender Monkeys are oblivious to the high price of freedom as they gratuitously soil the nations’ editorial pages.

Thankfully, we have our warriors, our “better men,” and so obtuse they are not.

Very well said!!!!
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: