SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Abramoff singing like a canary

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Armybrat/Armymom
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:34 pm    Post subject: Abramoff singing like a canary Reply with quote

Philosophically-wise I'm a Republican....BUT....when the house needs to be cleaned bad, stinky stuff needs to be opened to the public forum and shown for what it really is. Sorry Rush and Ann C. but I believe with all my heart that DeLay is guilty. And in that group included last but not least is pretty boy Perry who is now having a bad (hair) day. I'm going to do my part to help the "One Tough Grandma" Strayhorn who filed as an Independent get elected. First time ever I will have voted for someone not a Repub or Dem. She has been given a raw deal here in Texas because of the compromised Repub Party machine. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Watch out......Abramoff is singing and other states are going to be affected.
Snipe
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, dirty is dirty. I don't much like my republican horse getting
gored, but that's tough. Here in Illinois, it's usually a Chicago
Democrat getting the jail time, but that's life...or politics.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regardless of party, if one is dirty, they are dirty and need removed.

Now, along with this investigation, I would like to see these upright Democrats Rolling Eyes also demand the full and complete release of the Barrett Report and stop trying to block it. If it reveals a dirty junior Senator from New York, or her husband, shouldn't they face the same music as the rest? Wink
Armybrat/Armymom
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ab-so-lu-te-ly
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewWaters wrote:
Regardless of party, if one is dirty, they are dirty and need removed.

Now, along with this investigation, I would like to see these upright Democrats Rolling Eyes also demand the full and complete release of the Barrett Report and stop trying to block it. If it reveals a dirty junior Senator from New York, or her husband, shouldn't they face the same music as the rest? Wink

I demand as a citizen of this country to see the Barrett Report. The politicians work for me and it is my constitutional guarantee to read this report.

Of course unless it is a national security issue which would none the less be released if damaging to Repubs.
Harvuskong
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:09 am    Post subject: Re: Abramoff singing like a canary Reply with quote

Armybrat/Armymom wrote:
And in that group included last but not least is pretty boy Perry who is now having a bad (hair) day. I'm going to do my part to help the "One Tough Grandma" Strayhorn who filed as an Independent get elected. First time ever I will have voted for someone not a Repub or Dem. She has been given a raw deal here in Texas because of the compromised Repub Party machine. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

You are going to support a known liar for Governor?????

Let me refresh your memory and educate the rest about Rylander/Strayhorn.

Rylander/Strayhorn ran for election in the 1990s for Texas Supreme Court Justice. She ran with a platform based on being tough with Death Penalty cases.

Well, there is one little problem with that, Texas has a two supreme court system. One court for civil cases and the other for criminal cases which includes the death penalty cases.

The Texas Supreme Court is for civil cases, the Texas Court of Criminal Appeals is for criminal cases.

I believe that an Abilene Texas newspaper reporter asked "One Tough Grandma" Rylander/Strayhorn about when was the last death penalty case that the Texas Supreme Court had ruled on. The answer was of course that the Texas Supreme Court had never ruled on a death penalty case ever because death penalty cases are criminal cases and therefore are outside of the jurisdiction of the Texas Supreme Court.

Game Over for "One Tough Grandma and Big Time Liar" Rylander/Strayhorn right then and there.

Somehow she got elected to the Comptroller's Office. Big surprise to me anyway.

The link below is to another thread titled Texas Politics with more information about "One Tough Grandma.

http://www.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=20939

And now back to the subject of Abramoff singing like canary.

Hopefully others in the same line of work as Abramoff will also be forced into the same corner. It would be very enlighting to get the entire story about their present and the past actitivies on the Hill.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: