SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SwiftVets Thanks Alot
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
usmcvet3
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 10:40 pm    Post subject: Re: SwiftVets Thanks Alot Reply with quote

Hear hear. I served in combat in the Marines, also, and it's sad to see veterans attacking other veterans. And before you say that that's what Kerry did, stop and think. Kerry was against the war, not the people fighting it.
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fortdixlover wrote:
Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
It's possible that George Elliott's refutation hit the wire so soon after Kranish's article that Kranish was dead in the water.

AFter Elliott's refutation, then the story was about KRANISH being a campaign-paid writer. Wink

That's two major PR bungles in 24 hours. No wonder we're seeing an influx of people who object to SBVFT.... desperation, anyone? Question

And how much, exactly, was Kranish PAID for his article, I wonder?

Evil or Very Mad

FDL[/quote]
justamom
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew this would happen - predicted it in the earlier relevant thread. I had NO doubt that they would exploit Elliott's first statement and ignore, suppress, bury the rest of the story - the WHOLE of the story.

Funny, I was just commenting to my husband the other day how nice it had been to not have to endure the left's constant "spin" tactics.

Also interesting to note is the fact that the piece is three pages long - fairly uncommon. Seems most americans these days are too lazy to read anything more than a paragraph and even prefer to have it spoon-fed to them; forget whether it's true or not. Besides if all those wealthy people we so wish we were, say it's so - it must be so. They accept the left's bogus statements - all of them - as the gospel. Research the facts? Research the candidates to make an informed vote? You're kidding, right?

STILL amazing me that they adore and embrace Michael Moore and his outrageous lies and behavior. I knew he was a phony after seeing his Bowling for Columbine website - specifically, HIS version of American History. How is it that they can't see he's nothing more than an angry, fat man with a chip on his shoulder because he failed in corporate america?
xub
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool I've been lurking here for a couple of weeks & just signed up the other day - cause I really wanted to thank you swift vets for what you're doing. I was too young by a couple years to serve in vietnam, but I was old enough to despise the communist led anti-war movement here at home.

And your story is getting out, despite the best efforts of the MSM.
KeithNolan
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barry DeLong's language might be intemperate. Even I (Deleted by admin) don't think you guys are traitors.

Admin note:

Mr. Nolan...

Your next negative characterization of either the membership of this forum or the forum itself will be your last.

Thank you

Language aside, Barry DeLong hits the nail on the head. By spitting on John Kerry's medals, you folks are really spitting on all the medals earned by those who fought in Vietnam.

By railing at John Kerry's testimony to the Senate, you folks are ignoring the fact that Vietnam was a frustrating guerrilla war in which atrocities were bound to take place, and pretending that General Westmoreland's search-and-destroy strategy wasn't as brutal as it was counterproductive. It's a documented fact that acting on orders from Westmoreland's headquarters, U.S. units burned thousands of villages in Vietnam between 1965-68, produced tens of thousands of civilian casualties and hundreds of thousands of refugees, and drove the rural population into the arms of the Viet Cong.

By slandering the VVAW, you folks ignore what that organization accomplished in terms of veterans rights and benefits.

Vietnam was a long, ugly, and terribly mismanaged war that left veterans divided about what it all meant. John Kerry had as much right to turn against the war, as the veterans here have the right to embrace the rightness of the war.

Isn't it about time to cool all the vet-on-vet bashing that goes on here? (Deleted by admin) Now you also refer to veterans like Jim Rassman and those former crewmen who support Kerry as liars, hired guns, and brainwashed dupes.

Enough already!

Still around,
Keith Nolan
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Kerry was against the war, not the people fighting it.

"They told stories that at times they had personally raped, cut off ears, cut off heads, taped wires from portable telephones to human genitals and turned up the power, cut off limbs, blown up bodies, randomly shot at civilians, razed villages in fashion reminiscent of Ghengis Khan, shot cattle and dogs for fun, poisoned food stocks, and generally ravaged the countryside of South Vietnam in addition to the normal ravage of war and the normal and very particular ravaging which is done by the applied bombing power of this country."

"These were not isolated incidents but crimes committed on a day-to-day basis with the full awareness of officers at all levels of command."

The war wouldn't commit crimes, people would.
GoophyDog
PO1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Nolan;

Can you please expand on just exactly what the VVAW accomplished in terms of veterans rights and benefits? The only "benefit" that I can recall is that 3 years after the war ended I still had difficulty wearing my uniform in public; risking saliva attacks and verbal abuse.

Come to think of it. It is the current candidate's party and its supporters that are once again turning the clock back to that era. I cite sir, the recent treatment of one Iraq vet during a parade who suffered the same insults and verbal abuse.

As an author you should be cognizant of the definition of slander. I suggest you break open your research material once again and see just where there is slander against VVAW. Need I dredge up again the false witnesses and horrendous misrepresentations that group utilized in an attempt to acheive their goals? Must I also point out in the 32 yearz since Mr. Kerry's televised debates he has yet to produce one deposition, affadavit or other sworn statement in support of the allegations and testimony he provided to Congress?
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KeithNolan wrote:
Language aside, Barry DeLong hits the nail on the head. By spitting on John Kerry's medals, you folks are really spitting on all the medals earned by those who fought in Vietnam.

Utter nonsense.

The honor of an award is imbued with and by the honor of it's recipient.

It is hardly surprising, given that reality, the facility with which Kerry so despicably and blithely tossed those symbols into the dirt at the Capitol steps.

They were as devoid of substance and meaning as the character of the charlatan who wore them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: