SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chromosome-impaired ex-VP flails POTUS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 12:26 am    Post subject: Chromosome-impaired ex-VP flails POTUS Reply with quote

Quote:
WASHINGTON - Former Vice President Al Gore called Monday for an independent investigation of President Bush's domestic spying program, contending the president "repeatedly and insistently" broke the law by eavesdropping on Americans without court approval.

Speaking on Martin Luther King Jr.'s national holiday, the man who lost the 2000 presidential election to Bush was interrupted repeatedly by applause as he called the anti-terrorism program "a threat to the very structure of our government."

Gore charged that the administration acted without congressional authority and made a "direct assault" on a special federal court that authorizes requests to eavesdrop on Americans. One judge on the court resigned last month, voicing concerns about the National Security Agency's surveillance of e-mails and phone calls.

"What we do know about this pervasive wiretapping virtually compels the conclusion that the president of the United States has been breaking the law repeatedly and insistently," the Democrat maintained.

Gore didn't only criticize government officials. Referring to news reports that private telecommunications companies have provided the Bush administration with access to private information on Americans, Gore said any company that did so should immediately end its complicity in the program.

A spokeswoman for the Republican National Committee, Tracey Schmitt, attacked Gore's comments shortly after address.

"Al Gore's incessant need to insert himself in the headline of the day is almost as glaring as his lack of understanding of the threats facing America," Schmitt said. "While the president works to protect Americans from terrorists, Democrats deliver no solutions of their own, only diatribes laden with inaccuracies and anger. "

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060116/ap_on_re_us/gore_domestic_spying

Every day, I thank God for those 534 votes in Florida that denied this demented buffoon the presidency.

Schadow
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't give this political hack the distinction of the term "former". In my mind he is now and will forever be a "has been" VP, destined to garner no more than a single paragraph in a history book footnote detailing a lackluster administration fraught with scandal.
Ohio Voter
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Chromosome-impaired ex-VP flails POTUS Reply with quote

I shudder to think how close he came to finagling his way into being President. And that he was a heartbeat away for 8 years. He is a mental case. Mad

Schadow wrote:
Quote:
WASHINGTON - Former Vice President Al Gore called Monday for an independent investigation of President Bush's domestic spying program, contending the president "repeatedly and insistently" broke the law by eavesdropping on Americans without court approval.

<snip>

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060116/ap_on_re_us/gore_domestic_spying

Every day, I thank God for those 534 votes in Florida that denied this demented buffoon the presidency.

Schadow
Snipe
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After five years without a government job, you'd think that he'd
settle down and get a life of some kind.
sixdogteam
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Al Gore has no soul. He's bereft of all normalcy. I cringe every time I hear his halting speach, no matter what he's saying. seriously, is he from this planet?
wwIIvetsdaughter
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heck, the Clinton adminstration INVENTED spying on Americans. I recall quite clearly hearing about ESCHELON and CARNIVORE, two NSA supercomputers that could pick out any sort of communication you care to think about, landline, cell, fax, computer, etc. and mine for key words like bomb, nuclear etc. I was surprised from the standpoint of the technology required but even though I had differences with the Clinton Administration, approved. Now that a REPUBLICAN has done the same thing, liberal noses are bent out of shape. It would be freaking irresponsible of Bush and the NSA not to be doing this post 9/11.
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwIIvetsdaughter wrote:
Heck, the Clinton adminstration INVENTED spying on Americans. I recall quite clearly hearing about ESCHELON and CARNIVORE, two NSA supercomputers that could pick out any sort of communication you care to think about, landline, cell, fax, computer, etc. and mine for key words like bomb, nuclear etc. I was surprised from the standpoint of the technology required but even though I had differences with the Clinton Administration, approved. Now that a REPUBLICAN has done the same thing, liberal noses are bent out of shape. It would be freaking irresponsible of Bush and the NSA not to be doing this post 9/11.

There is a lengthy but fascinating piece on Echelon which tells of the evolution of electronic 'eavesdropping' which dates clear back to WWII. The explosive growth of technology has permitted a mind-boggling capability. And, yes, our government would be remiss not to use it to the fullest. The article is here:

http://www.heise.de/tp/r4/artikel/6/6929/1.html

Schadow
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: