SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Unwanted emails
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 10:15 pm    Post subject: Unwanted emails Reply with quote

Please report unwanted emails to a moderator or admin - a whole boatload went out today:

Quote:
Swift Boat Vets Dishonorable [swiftboatvetsareliars@yahoo.com]

Swift Boat Vets are Dishonest, Dishonorable, UnPatriotic LIARS.

Senator John McCain has labled your group as "Dishonest" and without "Honor" and so do we,

We are starting to Indentify this entire group of "Smear Boat Vets". We know you are not real vets or men who actually served in Combat, much like the Liars on your Ad our in your book. As the book of lies against Senator Kerry is released next week, so shall we start releasing your emails and home phone #s and address's along with work phone #s when available. We want all Americans to know who is spreading these lies and funding them and to be able to contact you if they have questions. We thank your group for providing us with this list.

Patriotic Veterans for Truth.

Nice threat, eh? This is the level to which the other side has to stoop to suppress the message?

The user has been banned, but they can sign up again with a new user name and if your email address is visible in your profile, they can copy it into a private email to you.

Only members can send private messages, but any Guest can look at your profile and send you emails.

If you want to protect your email address, click on "Profile" at the top of the page and then select "No" for "Always show my email address."

Last edited by Navy_Navy_Navy on Mon Aug 09, 2004 4:04 am; edited 1 time in total
prdCOmom
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it wasn't so sad.....I would laugh out loud.
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got it too. These guys are SCARED TO DEATH! They know what these Vets say is true, and they have no way to combat it. When you are telling the truth, you don't need to threaten peopel or send out lawyers to demand people do as they wish. Yet another similarity between algore and lurch kerry, the Frenchurian candidate. They both have to use lawyers to try and get their way!

Navy,Navy,Navy, who is this person and how can a complaint be filed against them? That e-mail they sent out is patent coercion and threatening to try and silence someone's freedom of speech, and that is actionable under federal law. I would like a name please. Smile
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RocketFett wrote:
I got it too. These guys are SCARED TO DEATH! They know what these Vets say is true, and they have no way to combat it. When you are telling the truth, you don't need to threaten peopel or send out lawyers to demand people do as they wish. Yet another similarity between algore and lurch kerry, the Frenchurian candidate. They both have to use lawyers to try and get their way!

Navy,Navy,Navy, who is this person and how can a complaint be filed against them? That e-mail they sent out is patent coercion and threatening to try and silence someone's freedom of speech, and that is actionable under federal law. I would like a name please. Smile

Frenchurian Candidate!

If that's an original you're a genius! If it's plagiarized you're still pretty damn smart. Laughing

Boy, can I write a movie out of that! "John Kerry...The Frenchurian Candiate". Trained by the KGB in Europe, deployed into elitist America at St. Paul's and then Yale, American faux war hero, and totalitarian candidate for president. Does Stalinism Live? Laughing

Shoud we hire Michael Moonbat Moore to film it?
fortdixlover

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 11:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Unwanted emails Reply with quote

Swift Boat Vets Dishonorable, swiftboatvetsareliars@yahoo.com wrote:

Senator John McCain has labled your group as "Dishonest" and without "Honor" and so do we,

We are starting to Indentify this entire group of "Smear Boat Vets". We know you are not real vets or men who actually served in Combat, much like the Liars on your Ad our in your book. As the book of lies against Senator Kerry is released next week, so shall we start releasing your emails and home phone #s and address's along with work phone #s when available. We want all Americans to know who is spreading these lies and funding them and to be able to contact you if they have questions. We thank your group for providing us with this list.

I would forward this to the FBI as an F.Y.I., in case of future troubles.

FDL
ASPB

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 11:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Unwanted emails Reply with quote

fortdixlover wrote:
Swift Boat Vets Dishonorable, swiftboatvetsareliars@yahoo.com wrote:

I would forward this to the FBI as an F.Y.I., in case of future troubles.

FDL

forward it to the conservative blogs, magazines, and news outlets also! and also to Sean and Rush so it's gets us some more traction in the media.

Just a suggestion FDL.

Tom
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

See also this topic, if you're interested in reading the headers and tracing the origins of an email.

http://www.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1753
jack white
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This had an effect on me. I just purchased a second book.
SSBN_Guy
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forwarded the message (by request) to Neal Boortz and will try to get it to other shows in the area tomorrow. Neal has an audience of around 2 million IIRC so I'm hoping he puts it on the show Monday. I didn't ask him to support the SwiftVets but at least let the country know what happens when you irritate the wrong people.
SpookGroup_Stache
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 1:08 am    Post subject: Attack the messenger when you cannot attack the message Reply with quote

Notice that when confronted with the truthful message they have to attack the messenger(s) because they cannot rebut the truthful message.
US Naval Security Group
www.SpookGroup.org
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SSBN_Guy wrote:
I didn't ask him to support the SwiftVets but at least let the country know what happens when you irritate the wrong people.

...or perhaps when you irritate the right people Laughing
RocketFett
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 2:06 am    Post subject: Threat e-mail on talk radio! Reply with quote

I had the thought to call the talk radio that I get on AM 950 radio Saturday nights, so I called them and told them about the threatening e-mail and they asked me to FAX it to them, and they READ IT on the air in its entirety! This is great. I wonder if the loser who sent it happened to hear about it. I wish I could shake his hand. He's made me even more energized about opposing kerry at all costs! The 800 number is 1(800)449-8255 every Saturday night from around 5 to 10 PM Central time, if anyone wants to call and confirm that you got it. They didn't present it as fact since it was just me so far. Smile If any of us are harassed like this e-mail threatens, that will sure make the kerry campaign look good and rosey. Smile
RocketFett
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 2:09 am    Post subject: The Frenchurian Candidate, john kerry Reply with quote

ASPB, I wish I could claim it. A really smart lady on the Limbaugh show Friday I think came up with that. It's HILLARIOUS! I love it. Had to start using it. It's too perfect NOT to use. Smile
Traildust
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have received four of them today but have my mail washer program set to block and bounce them back before my mail program opens them. The next one I see I will save.
Traildust
Blaster
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The email comes from swiftboatvetsareliars@yahoo.com

http://add.yahoo.com/fast/help/us/mail/cgi_spam_intl

Go to above link and report this as spam. Maybe we can shut them down.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: