SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bravo, John Cornyn

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:12 am    Post subject: Bravo, John Cornyn Reply with quote

I LOVE THIS!!
From Senator Cornyn's website:

Quote:
Results of Feingold Censure Resolution (S.Res. 398): Day 2

Democrat co-sponsors of Feingold Resolution: 0

al Qaeda communications intercepted by Feingold Resolution: 0

Terror attacks prevented by Feingold Resolution: 0

- U.S. Sen. John Cornyn, chairman of the Emerging Threats and Capabilities subcommittee and member of the Judiciary Committee said,

“I have taken a long and serious look at the legal authorities governing the NSA program that is the focus of this hearing. It is misleading to characterize the NSA program as some sort of broad-based 'domestic' spying on U.S. citizens. The NSA program is narrowly focused. It targets the international communications of al Qaeda in an effort to connect the dots and prevent another 9/11.”

http://cornyn.senate.gov/index.asp?f=page&pid=233&lid=1

H/t: Hugh Hewitt
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank God there are adults in charge.
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't it be great if John Cornyn were the next presidential candidate?
His main flaw? He's a senator and not a governor.
Historically former senators have been terrible presidents and former governors have been our best presidents.
I'd still vote for him.
Anyone whose website shows a sharp marine at attention and saluting has got to be a good and consciencious man.
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it turns out today that two Dem senate sycophants have joined Finegold in his call for censure. One was Tom Harkin who, when asked if he had read the Starr report on Clinton's multiple crimes said (paraphrased), "No, I haven't read that pile of dung and have no intention of doing so."

The other was Boxer, I think.

In the meantime, several senators and representatives of both parties have taken the tour and been briefed at NSA on the wiretap program. All have returned singing the praises of the program. I'm sure they will now, in turn, brief their staff weasels and the leaks on the nuts and bolts of the program will commence in earnest.

Schadow
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schadow wrote:
Well, it turns out today that two Dem senate sycophants have joined Finegold in his call for censure. One was Tom Harkin ... The other was Boxer, I think.

Considering that most Dems, even many nutty ones, are running from this "motion" screaming...it seems Finegold has just blown any presidential ambitions he had.

I'm surprised Kerry didn't join in, since his presidential ambitions are already thoroughly trashed.

-- FDL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: