SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Insider's view at Yale: whoa.....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:23 pm    Post subject: Insider's view at Yale: whoa..... Reply with quote

People wonder how Yale can take the ex-propaganda minister of the women-killing Taliban as a student.

Check out this site to better understand why.

Worth the long read and truly stunning.

-- FDL

Last edited by fortdixlover on Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:45 pm; edited 7 times in total
Lance Corporal

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Long read" was an understatement, FDL.

But I did wade through it. My favorite part was when Dr. Silverstein busted the lady who hadn't passed the bar. LOL Twisted Evil

I wonder which Yale alum Dr. Silverstein supported in the 2004 election? It wouldn't surprise me if he sat it out Very Happy
fortdixlover

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1991932 wrote:
"Long read" was an understatement, FDL.

But I did wade through it. My favorite part was when Dr. Silverstein busted the lady who hadn't passed the bar. LOL Twisted Evil

I wonder which Yale alum Dr. Silverstein supported in the 2004 election? It wouldn't surprise me if he sat it out Very Happy

Probably W. W didn't get such hot grades at Yale. He wasn't paying attention, and it's hard to indoctrinate someone who doesn't pay attention to ********.

This cartoon says it all about some recent insane events: Evil or Very Mad

--FDL

Last edited by fortdixlover on Sat Mar 11, 2006 2:27 pm; edited 4 times in total
BuffaloJack

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unlike Yale, the Swiftvets are a bit more discriminating about who we take into our ranks.
fortdixlover

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BuffaloJack wrote:
Unlike Yale, the Swiftvets are a bit more discriminating about who we take into our ranks.

Yale is apparently ruled by a bunch of excretocrats.

-- FDL
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Senator Cornyn is taking a whack at SecDHS Chertoff over this:

Quote:
Dear Secretary Chertoff:

I write to you regarding Sayed Rahmatullah Hashemi, the former Taliban spokesman currently attending Yale University on a student visa.

In 2005, Congress passed the REAL ID Act and expanded the terror-related grounds of inadmissibility. Under current law, an alien is inadmissible or removable on terror-related grounds if he is a representative of any designated or nondesignated terrorist organization. Further, an alien is inadmissible or removable if the alien endorses or espouses terrorist activity or persuades others to endorse or espouse terrorist activity or support a terrorist organization. The REAL ID is clear that the grounds of inadmissibility and removal apply regardless of when the conduct in question occurred.

Mr. Hashemi was an official spokesman for the Taliban, which gave safe haven and other material support to Al Qaeda and Osama bin Laden, and continued to do so even after the terrorist attacks of September 11th. Yet the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) admitted him into the United States on an F-1 student visa. I would like to know what steps the Department of Homeland Security is taking to determine whether Mr. Hashemi was properly admitted and whether the Department of Homeland Security will seek to deport Mr. Hashemi under one of the terror-related grounds of removal.

I am also concerned about the Department of Homeland Security’s role in reviewing Mr. Hashemi’s student visa application prior to its issuance. The report of the National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States concluded that the key officials responsible for determining alien admissions (consular officers abroad and immigration inspectors in the United States) were not considered full partners in counterterrorism efforts prior to September 11, 2001, and as a result, opportunities to intercept the September 11 terrorists were missed.

Congress subsequently passed the Homeland Security Act, and section 428 allows DHS to assign staff to consular posts abroad to advise consular officers, review visa applications, and conduct investigations. Yet it is not clear that DHS officials were afforded an opportunity to review Mr. Hashemi’s visa application prior to its issuance. Please provide an update on the progress DHS is making in assigning officers to the consulate in Islamabad and whether those officers are fully integrated into the visa screening process.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Sincerely,

JOHN CORNYN
United States Senator

Source: PowerLine

Schadow
fortdixlover

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schadow wrote:
Senator Cornyn is taking a whack at SecDHS Chertoff over this

Wouldn't it be just dandy if it turns out the leftists at Yale had something to do with this guy's entrance into the U.S.

I would think that "influence" by an organization with a gazillion dollar endowment cannot be ruled out...Mebbe that's why Yale is being so silent on this.

-- FDL
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A 1996 Yale graduate, Clinton W. Taylor, writing in Townhall.com, details the past of Hashemi as a Taliban spokesman. A particularly disturbing event in Afghanistan involved the arrest and trial of a group of Christian misssionaries, the International Assistance Mission. The history of the outrageous conduct of this Islamist thug is detailed in Taylor's article. It is well worth a read Here.

A snip from the article:

Quote:
Yale was founded to train Christian ministers in 1701. Since then it has changed, evolving from a liberal-arts college catering to the WASP elite, to a world-class research institution catering to the WASP elite. It’s a good school and I’m glad they let me in. I want it to prosper. But something has gone dreadfully wrong there.  Where the war-cry used to be "For God, For Country, and For Yale", they have managed to betray all of these principles in, apparently, some bizarre rush to compete for trophy admit[ion]s, good and evil be damned. 

Mr. Hashemi is not some pet to be prized for his exotic pedigree. He is an adult who made moral choices—some pretty awful ones, lying and spinning to cover the Taliban’s deeds and its relationship to Osama bin Laden, advising Mullah Omar on how to consolidate his power and achieve his twisted aims, and justifying the trial and likely execution of Christian teachers, [and] who tried to snuff out the very Light and Truth that Yale takes as its motto.

The photo shows Hashemi proudly displaying the damning evidence to be introduced at the missionaries' "trial". (See Taylor's article for his caption for the picture. Me#1 would probably take a dim view of publishing it here.)

Who let him in and why is he still here?

Schadow
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A crew from an independent film company went to Yale yesterday hoping to talk to the administration about the Boola Boola Mullah:

Quote:
Yesterday, Director Evan Coyne Maloney was on the Yale campus hoping to interview administrators and allow them to give a fuller accounting of their decision to admit an ex-Taliban official with very little previous education to the hallowed halls of one of America's elite universities.

Things didn't go so well.

After getting the door literally slammed in his face in the administrative building that houses the office of Yale President Richard Levin, Evan sauntered outside where he interviewed Natalie Healy, a woman who lost her son Dan - a Navy SEAL - in Afghanistan last year. Naturally, Ms. Healy is outraged that a man who was an official of a murderous regime that killed her son has been given a place at Yale while many thousands of better qualified American kids are sent rejection letters every year.

Apparently this was too much for the Yale administrators who sent the police to give Evan and our cameraman the same message that is sent to ROTC and military recruiters every year: Get off campus!

The crew did, however, manage to get this picture of a plaque on the administration building which starkly illustrates the school's change of attitude:

Source

Schadow
fortdixlover

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schadow wrote:

The crew did, however, manage to get this picture of a plaque on the administration building which starkly illustrates the school's change of attitude:

Source

Schadow

To anyone who's attended Yale as I did, seeing today's events in face of that plaque and the name of every soldier killed in service of this country from the 1800's up to recent decades inscribed into the walls in the entrance of nearby Woolsey Hall is a really sad thing.

-- FDL
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately I caught this too late to hear Evan interviewed on Michael Graham, but it led me to another webcast for the "Media" link. Michael Graham sounds like my kinda guy...

3:00 PM - 7:00 PM: "The Natural Truth" with Michael Graham - Michael Graham
WTKK 96.9 FM Talk - Boston
Listen Live Link - Call In: 617 822 9600 Email: mgraham@969fmtalk.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: