SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Got a letter from Nancy today

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:04 am    Post subject: Got a letter from Nancy today Reply with quote

Pelosi, that is. The standard Democrat Congressional Campaign Committee mailing somehow made it to my mailbox. Begging for money, of course. Includes a 'survey' with the usual loaded multiple-choice questions. Here is some of the vitriol from Pelosi:

Quote:
"This President, who with his power-hungry political operatives Karl Rove and Tom DeLay, is trying to eliminate all obstacles in pursuing the Radical Right's policies by spreading their corrupt, right-wing agenda through all branches of government.

"We are confronting a radical GOP majority in the U.S. House that is undermining democracy with the worst abuse of power in modern political history. Republicans have turned the House into a body that is an affront to America's democratic ideals and traditions. The ethics process has been gutted, honest debate is endangered, dissent is stamped out and special interest groups wield more power than the lawmakers chosen by the American people."

Instead of putting the appeal in the round file as usual, I decided to take the survey, checking all the items with the most conservative choice. I also took advantage of the 'General Comments' space to write this:

Quote:
"Ethics process gutted? William Jefferson and Jim McDermott, call your office. If Democrats continue to spew this unalloyed hate without sometime presenting a positive agenda, your party will remain in the minority for at least a generation."

Had to sign it or they refuse to incorporate the data. No money sent, of course. Gawd, I hope I didn't give them a good idea. Sad

Schadow
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got one of these begging for money emails a couple weeks ago. She, Nancy Pelosi or her people) said;

Quote:
Do you want to defeat Tom DeLay and his Republican Rubber Stamps in 2006?

Do you want to put an end to the unaccountable, reckless Bush agenda?

Do you want to change the direction of our country and put leaders in charge that who will put the interests of American families ahead of special interest lobbyists?

If your answer is "yes", then I need you to make a contribution today.

She went on to say, after the usual whining;

Quote:
The new Democratic majority can be built on a new generation of Democrats, the class of 2006, who will bring fresh ideas and renewed energy to the House.

As of yet, the only "new" ideas I've heard are the same old same old sour puss liberals hell-bent on impeachment, censure and cut and run in Iraq.

We had that system of "new ideas" back in the early 70s and it ended up getting us where we are today. I hope voters wake up and can see they are taking us back down the same old tired road of defeatism we had that led us to defeat in Viet Nam sold millions of South Vietnamese into re-Education camps and drowning in the South China sea escaping Communism.

The world doesn't need a repeat of that in Iraq.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: