SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

THE IRAN PLANS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:10 am    Post subject: THE IRAN PLANS Reply with quote

A very long article. A FASCINATING READ!!
Quote:
THE IRAN PLANS

Would President Bush go to war to stop Tehran from getting the bomb?

by SEYMOUR M. HERSH
Issue of 2006-04-17
Posted 2006-04-10

The Bush Administration, while publicly advocating diplomacy in order to stop Iran from pursuing a nuclear weapon, has increased clandestine activities inside Iran and intensified planning for a possible major air attack. Current and former American military and intelligence officials said that Air Force planning groups are drawing up lists of targets, and teams of American combat troops have been ordered into Iran, under cover, to collect targeting data and to establish contact with anti-government ethnic-minority groups. The officials say that President Bush is determined to deny the Iranian regime the opportunity to begin a pilot program, planned for this spring, to enrich uranium.

Read it at: The NewYorker
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing in this article that really angers me is divulging this information:
Quote:
If the order were to be given for an attack, the American combat troops now operating in Iran would be in position to mark the critical targets with laser beams, to insure bombing accuracy and to minimize civilian casualties. As of early winter, I was told by the government consultant with close ties to civilians in the Pentagon, the units were also working with minority groups in Iran, including the Azeris, in the north, the Baluchis, in the southeast, and the Kurds, in the northeast. The troops “are studying the terrain, and giving away walking-around money to ethnic tribes, and recruiting scouts from local tribes and shepherds,” the consultant said. One goal is to get “eyes on the ground”—quoting a line from “Othello,” he said, “Give me the ocular proof.” The broader aim, the consultant said, is to “encourage ethnic tensions” and undermine the regime.

IMO, Hirsch is a typical leftist, putting our troops at grave risk.
Nothing like letting Iran know we have clandestine troops in country and what they are doing.
Just who is this government consultant divulging what I am sure must be CLASSIFIED info to the press!!
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.washtimes.com/world/20060313-121547-4071r.htm
Quote:
Iranian pact with Venezuela stokes fears of uranium sales
BUENOS AIRES -- A recent deal between Iran and Venezuela provides for the exploitation of Venezuela's strategic minerals, prompting opposition figures to warn that President Hugo Chavez's government could be planning to provide Tehran with uranium for its nuclear program.
The deal was part of a package of agreements, most of which were announced during a visit last month to Caracas and Cuba by Iranian parliament Speaker Gholam Ali Haddad-Adel. The two countries also established a joint $200 million development fund and signed bilateral deals to build homes and factories, and exploit petroleum.
Public details are vague, but Venezuelan opposition figures and press reports have said the deal on minerals could involve the production and transfer to Iran have said the deal on minerals could involve the production and transfer to Iran of Venezuelan uranium taken from known deposits located in the dense jungle states of Amazonas and Bolivar.

http://www.washtimes.com/world/20060313-121547-4071r.htm

We'd better keep an eye on Venezuela as well as Iran. Hugo Chavez doesn't especially care for the USA and now that he's got agreements with the Iranians both countries bear watching.
LimaCharlie
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard a reporter on the news this morning covering the Iran issue. He said at the end of the piece that this was not good timing because we currently had more than we could handle in neighboring Iraq. I guess he hasn’t read about WWII in the history books. Do they still teach history in school?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: