SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

With the knick knack paddy wack...throw a dog a bone

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
C-130 Son
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 1:33 am    Post subject: With the knick knack paddy wack...throw a dog a bone Reply with quote

Anything that legalizes illegal aliens is amnesty no matter how much President Bush wants to dance around the issue and pander for the Hispanic vote. This will not boost his poll ratings until he stops playing games and gets serious about addressing the problem.

I predict his poll numbers will go lower than they are right now.
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel the same way about amnesty. No compromise on this one. If you're not a citizen, leave. Get out, go home, skeddadle.
It all boils down to jobs. Make it so they can't work here, they will go home and quit coming.
Mexicans, you love your country so much, go fix it. You got work to do, get to it.

Dusty
USAFE5
PO2

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and if your PARENTS are here illegally you should not be an automatic citizen

We need to do away with the ANCHOR BABY SYNDROME too!!!
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
We need to do away with the ANCHOR BABY SYNDROME too!!!

Not that easy.
Regardless of the circumstances of their birth, ulterior motives or not, ''Anchor babies'' are citizens.
I don't think the President can just override the Constitution. Article XIV ratified in 1868.
Quote:
14th Ammendment to The Constitution

Article XIV
Proposed 1866; Ratified Under Duress 1868

Section. 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

http://www.townhall.com/townhall/america101.html?rowid=15

The 'amnesty' issue is not nearly as important to me as GETTING THE BORDER SECURED!!
The president is intent on doing that!
Putting the Guard in until we get more border patrol officers trained.
Asking Congress to fund more officers, fencing, high-tech monitors and drones, building patrol roads, enlarging detention facilities.
STOP THE FLOW first, then we can deal with those who are already here.
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
Lance Corporal

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 8:47 am    Post subject: Re: With the knick knack paddy wack...throw a dog a bone Reply with quote

C-130 Son wrote:
Anything that legalizes illegal aliens is amnesty no matter how much President Bush wants to dance around the issue and pander for the Hispanic vote. This will not boost his poll ratings until he stops playing games and gets serious about addressing the problem.

I predict his poll numbers will go lower than they are right now.

He's definitely not getting my vote in 2008.

Rolling Eyes
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
He's definitely not getting my vote in 2008.

HeeHee! Cute.
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
AMOS
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 2:32 pm    Post subject: Real Fence Reply with quote

A FENCE.......a real fence, not a virtual one.

Sell I-Bonds with proceeds going toward the financing.
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
A FENCE.......a real fence, not a virtual one.

You don't suppose that they'd employ migrant workers to construct the fence do you?
Naw!!!
They'd never do that.
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like this is going to be the most expensive fence in the world. So be it. Let's get it done.

Dusty
Snipe
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take a page from the Maricopa County Sheriff's book and construct
the fence with folks in striped pajamas with a ball and chain around
an ankle. Then, when it's almost finished, kick them through it and
slam the door.
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I came to work this morning, and my (American citizen) Russian co-worker and my (American citizen) Chinese co-worker wanted to know if I knew what "they were actually going to do" about immigration. I was forced to tell them the bitter truth:

FIRST, a bi-partisan group of senators would need to criticize Bush's remarks.
SECOND, a completely different bi-partisan group would need to be formed to evaluate what the problem really was, and imply blame on their predecessors for allowing such things to happen without informing the public.
THIRD, a bi-partisan group of Senators would have to meet with a bi-partisan group of Congressmen to decide on exactly what the plan would actually be.

... we do need, of course, to realize that we cannot do anything that might hurt the national identities or self esteem of those who might be affected, and of course, this would take some time, and we would need to ensure the welfare and civil rights of all undocumented individuals in the meantime..

FOURTH, the plan(s) from the bi-partisan groups would need to be handed over to an independent blue ribbon panel of former Senators and Congressmen for the express purpose of recommending long term solutions.
FIFTH, after the blue-ribbon commission made their findings public, we would need another panel to explain to the public why Bush is missing the point, and why anything he proposed is simply unworkable, and how he missed noticing the influx of illegals which, of course, was not happening before 9/11, and how he has been lying about it.

... about this time, I was interrupted with the stupid question "HOW LONG DO YOU THINK THIS WILL TAKE?".

I replied, quite sensibly (IMHO) "Around Christmas. We don't have elections until November".
So then I asked them a question of my own: "What part of what I just said do you think is wrong or otherwise incorrect?"

Both naturalized American citizens replied with typical foreign bluntness: "nothing".
Tall Texan
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its all about money and lower wages.

The Corps. who use "knowing" illegal cheap labor and then do not report they are , and then file "tax returns" with the IRS, and then have Public Accounting Firms sign off on these and the "public infomation" re: Earnings upon which investors must judge the stock and its price,,,,, well
its all fraud, investment fraud, and the U.S. Goverment and Pres. Bush are all part of a huge fraud on the public.

Soon all the lies will cover over all the honor America has had from its first days and all that will be remembered is , American "lied" itself to its end.

Judgement comes.
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Support for President's policies WAY UP.

National Review
Tuesday, May 16, 2006

CNN Poll [John Podhoretz]

David Frum, the smartest man I know, got it wrong. CNN has a poll just up, and the results are staggeringly in the president's favor. 79 percent of those who watched had a very favorable or favorable view of the speech, and those who support the president's policies rose in number from 42 to 67 percent.
Posted at 1:02 PM
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: