SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The new John Kerry, Jessie Macbeth (Update>DD214)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Son of a VET
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 2:56 pm    Post subject: The new John Kerry, Jessie Macbeth (Update>DD214) Reply with quote

Jessie Macbeth the new John Kerry.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search=jessie+macbeth&search_type=search_videos&search=Search

It is being said at the HotAir blog he is a fake.
http://hotair.com/archives/the-blog/2006/05/22/anti-war-video-bogus/

We need to prove it and make it known wide spread asap.
Is there not a site to look up and see if someone realy is a Ranger?

topic update edit/kate

Stolen Honor
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Son of a Vet: follow the comments in your second link. One poster seems to have confirmed that there was, indeed, a Jesse MacBeth that could fit the description of the video. The video was obviously scripted and faked to some extent, but that's to be expected considering the source.

What it may come down to is that the guy was actually there and is the military equivalent of the classical "disgruntled employee" (which is no excuse). So instead of chasing the theme that "he's obviously a fake," I think this one might very well come down to discrediting his story. And only people in his unit, or the Army itself, can probably do that.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 3:34 pm    Post subject: Re: The new John Kerry, Jessie Macbeth Reply with quote

Son of a VET wrote:

It is being said at the HotAir blog he is a fake.
http://hotair.com/archives/the-blog/2006/05/22/anti-war-video-bogus/

We need to prove it and make it known wide spread asap.
Is there not a site to look up and see if someone realy is a Ranger?

I think it would be unwise at this point to assume that he isn't what he purports to be and that the scum who produced this video didn't use some due diligence in confirming that. That being said, if this video and the allegations he makes gets traction in the MSM, I'm fairly confident that DOD will handle it in an appropriate manner.

As to your "new John Kerry" simile, this guy is way down in the pecking order of useful idiots.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I must say I'm somewhat surprised that the "producers" of this apparant fraud used little diligence in investigating this Ranger wannabe (and, I might add, FEATURED member of the IVAW)...history repeats itself...

Quote:
Nimrod of the Week

And now, for the Nimrod of the Week award. This week’s award goes to a man named Jesse MacBeth.

<snip>

Today, the Army ran a check on Mr. MacBeth’s credentials. It turns out, not surprisingly to anybody with half a mind, that Mr. MacBeth has NO Army service record. Anywhere. Period. This is a direct quote given to me by Army spokesman John Boyce:

“Initial research by the U.S. Army Special Operations Command at Fort Bragg shows no Soldier with the name of Jesse Macbeth having ever been assigned to the Special Forces or the Army Rangers -- which are, in fact, two separate disciplines. This appears to be some sort of hoax. No Soldier by that name at Fort Lewis to our knowledge, in the past, either. Of course, the line about "go into the Army or go to jail" is vintage TV script not heard since the 1960s. There are also numerous wear and appearance issues with the Soldier's uniform -- a mix of foreign uniforms with the sleeves rolled up like a Marine and a badly floppy tan beret worn like a pastry chef. Of course, the allegations of war crimes are vague, as are the awards the Soldier allegedly received.”
Just Citizens Blog - cont'd
DADESID
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:
Well, I must say I'm somewhat surprised that the "producers" of this apparant fraud used little diligence in investigating this Ranger wannabe (and, I might add, FEATURED member of the IVAW)...history repeats itself...

Quote:
Nimrod of the Week

And now, for the Nimrod of the Week award. This week’s award goes to a man named Jesse MacBeth.

<snip>

Today, the Army ran a check on Mr. MacBeth’s credentials. It turns out, not surprisingly to anybody with half a mind, that Mr. MacBeth has NO Army service record. Anywhere. Period. This is a direct quote given to me by Army spokesman John Boyce:

“Initial research by the U.S. Army Special Operations Command at Fort Bragg shows no Soldier with the name of Jesse Macbeth having ever been assigned to the Special Forces or the Army Rangers -- which are, in fact, two separate disciplines. This appears to be some sort of hoax. No Soldier by that name at Fort Lewis to our knowledge, in the past, either. Of course, the line about "go into the Army or go to jail" is vintage TV script not heard since the 1960s. There are also numerous wear and appearance issues with the Soldier's uniform -- a mix of foreign uniforms with the sleeves rolled up like a Marine and a badly floppy tan beret worn like a pastry chef. Of course, the allegations of war crimes are vague, as are the awards the Soldier allegedly received.”
Just Citizens Blog - cont'd

Nice catch, but some of the Moonbats are claiming that it can't be accurate because their guy's first name is spelled with a penultimate "i".... "Jessie".

Seems like a minor detail, but.... well, you know how they can spin and twist.
Wing Wiper
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The guy has a DD-214 I'm sure, seems like he would share it with the media to stop this unfounded slander against his brave service and put his detractors in their place.
Seen one? Rolling Eyes
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The guy has a DD-214 I'm sure, seems like he would share it with the media to stop this unfounded slander against his brave service and put his detractors in their place.

Any bets he would just mirror Comrade Kerry on releasing any actual records, if he even has any?

Maybe his records burned up in the St. Louis Records Fire of 1973 also? Rolling Eyes Embarassed
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't know about this until last night.
I was pre-occupied attending my daughter's wedding.
Moab, Utah (Morning Glory Arch). Hiking, climbing, good times.
Groom's parents are phenomenal people ... I'm glad he chose them!
but I digress ...

This moonbat site is really entertaining:

(URL Deleted by Admin/me#1)
note: Links to that website are inappropriate in this forum. Interested readers may PM JWB or any moderator for the link...thanks/me#1

I remember, though, that a good friend of mine's son was in Fallujah.
He was a U.S. Marine (just got out of the Corps last week).

I don't recall any news coverage of the event even showing Rangers -- seems like they were all Marines.

I admit to having severe cases of CRS on occasion, though (Can't Remember S***)

Did any of this actually resolve itself?
This is just too entertaining to forget about.
Wing Wiper
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Any bets he would just mirror Comrade Kerry on releasing any actual records, if he even has any?

If he's a fake, that's what he would have to do. If he's the real thing, he has a copy of his DD-214 and he could name at least one commanding officer to vouch for him. Let's see, Basic, Jump School, Ranger School, SF training and a tour in Iraq. I would suspect somebody remembers the guy, huh?
Rolling Eyes
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this guy is real, and I don't believe for even a moment that he is, then why isn't he sitting in a cell next to the Abu Graib scapegoats? Come on! A video confession of 200 murders by a serviceman is something that a JAG prosecutor would go after in a heartbeat.
Uisguex Jack
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that was interesting. I like the format for Malkin, I'd never heard of Hot Air before.
Snipe
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had another one surface locally here in Peoria, Illinois.

http://www.pjstar.com/stories/052406/TRI_B9TDASL4.063.shtml

This is from this mornings Peoria Journal Star.

Snipe
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FReepers have images of the so-called ranger's altered DD214 posted on this
FR thread
Jessie Macbeth's DD-214 (Kicked out of Army for failing Basic Training!?)

couple pages of posts on the thread --

these are just of few of the comments - you get the idea - see that thread for more (the document image is 1st posted about halfway down the 1st page-- then further improved images follow on the next page)
Quote:

There is a misspelling on it. Do you think the Army would spell "qualified" as "qualifyed"?
>

I also doubt that the Army would use the phrase "shot during active service"

>
Block 27 - Reentry Code: 3
Looking that up:
ARMY, RE-3 Individuals who are not qualified for continued Army service, but the disqualification is waiverable. Ineligible for enlistment unless a waiver is granted.

>
He was on the delayed entry program. It could be that he never showed up after enlisting. I'm really not sure if he would get a DD214 for that but that may explain why his Character of Service was "Uncharacterized."

If I'm reading their thread post #95 right,(chart) seems his service was 1 month, 13 days
Wing Wiper
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I looked at that DD-214. The guy obviously forged parts of it, and that's a Federal crime. Most of the forged parts are in lower case, the guy's a real genius. Rolling Eyes
From the looks, the guy was discharged for not being able to complete Basic, he didn't get a National Service Medal even. The unit listed as his last command was the Basic Training detachment at Ft. Benning from what the other people were saying. His Ranger school would be listed in Block 14, not 12.
Many more errors, but that ought to be enough to convince anyone except Dan Rather. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: