SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ditzy Twits at it again (yawn)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 9:28 pm    Post subject: Ditzy Twits at it again (yawn) Reply with quote

From WOAI in San Antonio comes this Dissociated Press story about the Dixie Chicks taking back thier earlier apology to President Bush and reaffirming their criticism of him:

Quote:
Dixie Chick Pecking On Bush Again

NEW YORK (AP) -- The Dixie Chicks' Natalie Maines apologized for disrespecting President Bush during a London concert in 2003. But now, she's taking it back. "I don't feel that way anymore," she told Time magazine for its issue hitting newsstands Monday. "I don't feel he is owed any respect whatsoever."

As war in Iraq loomed, Maines told the London audience: "Just so you know, we're ashamed that the President of the United States is from Texas."

The remarks led to death threats and a backlash from other country stars, including a high-profile spat with Toby Keith. It also stalled what until then had been the group's smashingly successful career. Bandmate Emily Robinson said she knew right away the remark wouldn't be taken lightly and got "hot from my head to my toes."

"It wasn't that I didn't agree with her 100 percent; it was just, 'Oh, this is going to stir something up,"' she told Time.

For band member Martie Maguire, the controversy was a blessing in disguise.

"I'd rather have a small following of really cool people who get it, who will grow with us as we grow and are fans for life, than people that have us in their five-disc changer with Reba McEntire and Toby Keith," Maguire said. "We don't want those kinds of fans. They limit what you can do."

Source

There's another paragraph listing their current "hits" (which is really what this is all about) but I wouldn't bore you with it.

Schadow
USAFE5
PO2

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I listen to country music and classic rock. The main DJ I listen to did a poll when the latest DC song was released. 98 percent of his callers said they'd change the station if he played it so voila - that station plays no DC songs during his shift and very few during their regular play list.
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the Twits, it's a matter of 'follow the money'. The first time they took on the President, his positive ratings were in the 80% range, and they took a bath in record sales. A big fat Duh. Now, since the MSM push-polling has driven his ratings down in the 30's, they figure they can recoup with another try. I don't think it will work.

And, I couldn't care less. The only time I've ever heard them was by accident, surfing the dial.

Schadow
sixdogteam
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These morons are just plain disgusting. Reba could whip them with one hand tied behind her back.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently they're unfazed by the prospect of lost revenue. I wonder if Columbia Records is quite as sanguine...

Quote:
Country radio nixes Dixie Chicks
UPI

NASHVILLLE, Tenn., May 22 (UPI) -- It appears the war U.S. country radio stations mounted against the politically outspoken Dixie Chicks has not abated in the least.

<snip>

Although the album hits stores Tuesday, the first two singles from the album are not getting widespread airplay, Billboard.com reported Monday.

<snip>

WKIS FM in Miami reported it pulled "Not Ready to Make Nice" due to listener complaints after only one week.

The program director at KUBL/KKAT in Salt Lake City told Billboard he was angered by its "self-indulgent and selfish lyrics."

Neither the Chicks or their label, Columbia Records, would speak to Billboard for its article.

UPI - cont'd
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: