SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

O'Reilly is either ignorant or giving us SPIN

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 6:08 am    Post subject: O'Reilly is either ignorant or giving us SPIN Reply with quote

On O'Reilly tonight he had a guest on who is CEO of a race track and they discussed the horse Barboro and its condition. They both praised the owners for performing surgery because only sentimental value is left.

A 20 million dollar horse that cannot race or stud because the weight on the hind legs makes mating impossible now.

Exsqueeze me?

Maybe I have been living in an alternate universe, but when is the last time a 10 million plus horse physically mated with a mare?

10, 20 years ago?

This is all about money and there is nothing wrong with that. They have a 20 million dollar asset which will bring them 30 or 40 mill in stud fees.

What I do not like is BOR making this into an altruistic save the planet we care episode targeted at the 'children.'

Just give honest commentary BOR and save the SPIN.
Stevie

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

didn't see BOR yet tonight....

did he say they couldn't stud the horse? I heard on another show that they would still make millions in stud fees.

they have ways you know! Laughing Laughing
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
GenrXr

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevie wrote:
didn't see BOR yet tonight....

did he say they couldn't stud the horse? I heard on another show that they would still make millions in stud fees.

they have ways you know! Laughing Laughing

That is correct and of course they have been using artificial insemination with these high dollar breeds for at least 20 years.

They would never put a 20 million dollar stallion in the pasture with a mare for fear of risking injury.
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
They would never put a 20 million dollar stallion in the pasture with a mare for fear of risking injury.

Aaaahhhhhh.........would that be to the stallion or the mare? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Sorry, couln't resist.

Dusty
LimaCharlie
PO2

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dusty wrote:

Aaaahhhhhh.........would that be to the stallion or the mare? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Sorry, couln't resist.

Dusty

Yes
USAFE5
PO2

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually saw how this was done on an episode of worst jobs I think on Discovery, or something on the Animal Channel - I cracked up it was too funny to watch the guy's face as they explained why his whole arm was in a rubber LOL
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 12:54 am    Post subject: Re: O'Reilly is either ignorant or giving us SPIN Reply with quote

GenrXr wrote:
A 20 million dollar horse that cannot race or stud because the weight on the hind legs makes mating impossible now.

Exsqueeze me?

Maybe I have been living in an alternate universe, but when is the last time a 10 million plus horse physically mated with a mare?

10, 20 years ago?

Any way but by live cover is verboten if a Thoroughbred is to be Registered. A foal born of two Thoroughbred parents, but by means of artificial insemination, is barred from the Thoroughbred studbook.

Alternate means have indeed been more the norm for Standardbred, Quarterhouses, etc...for quite a while tho

So yes, Barbaro does need the use of his hind legs Wink
DLI78
PO3

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Oh no! I neutered my dog and now he is a liberal.

Damn! The same thing happened to my tomcat. Do you think there is a connection?
GenrXr

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 5:15 am    Post subject: Re: O'Reilly is either ignorant or giving us SPIN Reply with quote

kate wrote:
GenrXr wrote:

Exsqueeze me?

10, 20 years ago?

Any way but by live cover is verboten if a Thoroughbred is to be Registered. A foal born of two Thoroughbred parents, but by means of artificial insemination, is barred from the Thoroughbred studbook.

Alternate means have indeed been more the norm for Standardbred, Quarterhouses, etc...for quite a while tho

So yes, Barbaro does need the use of his hind legs Wink

Kate,

M'Lady you are mistaken on this point and if not will eat a bale of hay.

Smile

The high dollar horses get exemptions from every rule in the book.

It is how it works.

The elite breeder has a rule book which they follow and could care less for the others.

Ask MC Hammer how the horse business works. He lost all his fortune trying to breed thoroughbreds.

The horse business is about ultra rich people having bragging rights over their neighbors. In the late 19th century the Vanderbelts, Morgans and Rocks would out do each other with mansions.

Then the government taxed the crap out of their homes.

Today they wage a battle of societal supremacy within the horse track.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: