SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I hope you guys know what you are doing...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bill Levinson
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 4:48 am    Post subject: Re: I hope you guys know what you are doing... Reply with quote

PilotGuy wrote:
Another concern of mine. Vets should know that donations to 527's are a matter of public record.

MoveOn.org also is a 527. Sauce for the goose = sauce for the gander. Not that I advocate abuse of this information by publishing personal contact information as certain people have threatened Swiftvets but it would be interesting to identify the big-bucks donors. Actually, it is well known that George Soros (America-hater and convicted inside trader) is behind MoveOn.org. http://www.stentorian.com/politics/soros.html[/url]
just_linda
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pilotguy,

Since you're extremely worried about this good group of men, are you worried about George Soros knowing what he's doing too? So far, he's contributed 2.6 million to moveon.org Tidy sum, isn't it? Now let's see, that group has done some interesting hate work to date, including the Bush/Hitler ad. Took me about a minute to find it. Does it bother you that George Soros has stated he would risk his entire fortune to unseat Bush?

http://www.opensecrets.org/527s/527cmtedetail2.asp?cycle=2004&ein=200234065&format=&name=Soros+Fund+Management%2FGeorge+Soros&type=c&tname=MoveOn%2Eorg

Now, as far as your Fox comment goes, I agree with the earlier poster, Mort didn't do his homework. Maybe the news that the Boston Globe (and oh what a scandal is brewing there) didn't quite get the story right had not made it to the news desk before that show was taped. Who know, and who cares. The fact that these men are making a statement (their right, correct?) seems to be driving the Bush haters nuts.

Seems to me that's proof this ad has a huge impact.
JN173
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 5:20 am    Post subject: Re: I hope you guys know what you are doing... Reply with quote

PilotGuy wrote:
Another concern of mine. Vets should know that donations to 527's are a matter of public record.

Does that mean if I contribute again, I can get my name on the list twice. Hot damn where's the check book! Laughing
tngator
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just_linda wrote:
.......So far, he's contributed 2.6 million to moveon.org .........

actually through the use of soft money and blind corporations, that total is much, much higher, but cannot be 100% substantiated. At one point, Soros himself mentioned a round number of 75 million. Once again, another case of it's ok for one group, but not the other. Name me one istance in which any American has been chastised for funding his own business?
FireBoss59
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 5:55 am    Post subject: ALL Vets have a say.....!! Reply with quote

Hello ALL, I guess it's about time I got my feet wet and jumped in here....!!! I am "new" to SV's web site, but not to the TRUTH....!! Why is it that ONLY the Kerry VETS are telling the truth, and the VETS from this site are "backed by the big bucks of the right wing"...? It seems that the "only truth" you are to believe is theirs....!! YOU guys (and Gals) FOUGHT for us all to have the right to say what we feel, know, believe, think.....I was not a VET, BUT I am a Fire Fighter VET and I believe that your voice is scaring the hell out of the "Kerry Krowd"....!! Micheal Moore will more than likely rush a new movie out about the Swifties and the Left Truth that they aren't Vets at all, but Top Dawg Republican right-wing attack hounds out to get Kerry.....!

I should tell you that I am a long time Republican, ONE OF THE RICH BIG WIGS mean you...!! Between my wife and I, we pull in about $60k a year..!! YEAH.....!! WOW, we better hope Kerry don't get in office, we might be told we really make over $200k and get taxed to our socks...!! I know that the SV's are made up of Democrats, as well as Independants and Republicans. It seems that ONLY those that have a mind of their own know this, you'll never know it by watching Dan Rather(not).....!!

Thanks for letting me be a part of your group and I have tried to "spread the word" about this site to all I can and on many other sites.....!

Craig

P.S. Hey Liz...........!!**wink**
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 6:24 am    Post subject: Re: ALL Vets have a say.....!! Reply with quote

[quote="FireBoss59"] Thanks for letting me be a part of your group and I have tried to "spread the word" about this site to all I can and on many other sites.....! [/quote}

Heya, Boss, good to see you here! I know you've done a lot to promote this site and it's much appreciated.
Grampa
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 2:43 pm    Post subject: Re: I hope you guys know what you are doing... Reply with quote

PilotGuy wrote:
I hope the guys that are running this show know what their doing and I hope to God they are NOT exploiting Vets for their own political purposes.

Are you asking this of John Kerry? Well, no need to really ask as it's obvious he is exploiting his tiny 4 month tour for political purposes.

Quote:
I was just watching the Beltway Boys on Fox and one of the commentators, Kondrake or Barnes, I don't know who's who, just came right out and said this whole thing is a disaster... FOX NEWS for God sakes. Even O'Reilly is not taking this seriously.

What unmitigated BS. Its a distaster for Kerry is what it is. You can tell by the reaction; the chickens have come home to roost.

Quote:
Kerry's website has posted quotes from George Elliott and Adrian Lonsdale actually praising Kerry as late as 1996. They have Roy Hoffmann saying he didn't even know Kerry back then.
Both Factcheck.org and Snopes.com question the credibility of the ad.

Seeing how snopes and "factcheck" have been showing political bias this year, I don't trust these services for the truth.

Quote:
Another concern of mine. Vets should know that donations to 527's are a matter of public record. It took me less than a minute to find this:

So what? They put their money where their mouth is and they are hardly the millions put forward by Billionaire George Soros to unseat Bush by funding ads comparing Bush to Hitler. Cry my a river, Pilotguy.

Quote:
I can just see some slimeballs from the left questioning every Vet on the list who came back from Vietnam with a Purple heart and all four limbs still attached.

They already think vets are murderers, or are you not well informed? The left doesn't give two turds about the Military or veterans. The left views medals as evidence of war crimes. As an Iraqi Vet I could care less what the left thinks of my service.

Quote:
The book hasn't even come out yet and I think you guys have a real credibility problem. We'll see what the Sunday talking heads have to say but I suspect there will be more discussion about the group's credibility that Kerry's military record.

Kerrys only hope is to try and destroy the credibility of his squadron mates. So, that will be the focus of Democratic party operatives and their echo chamber talking heads in the media. The person who has the credibility problem is Senator Kerry and it is primarily with veterans who can spot his BS a mile off.

Quote:
This sounds like one big clusterf*ck to me. And I hope the really sincere Vets in your group are NOT made fools of. God help you if that happens.

The sincere vets in this group are RUNNING the program, not some sneaky political hack like the DNC or MoveOn.org. So, nice try to frame this as "innocent but sincere vets used by dirty tricks masters of the GOP". But it doesnt wash.

When you serve in the same unit as someone, you find out what kind of person he is. Someone wouldn't have to serve on the same boat to know Kerrys character, but would merely have to be in the same Squadron or within his COC to find out or to know how that person is, especially an officer, becuase they stand out.

I served in Iraq in a Line Company. We had two Platoon Leader LTs who were incompetent. EVERYONE in the Company, whether they served in the LTs platoons or not, knew that they were incompetent. Conversely, we knew who the performers were too. This stuff stands out. If, in 30 years, one of them decides to run for CINC and touts his Iraqi Service as a sign of his leadership competence, I will be running a website much like this one to expose them. That is not to say that they aren't nice people. They just aren't leaders.

It is telling that the majority of sailors who were in Kerry Swiftboat Squadron, or who had a supervisory role over him, say that he was reckless and irresponsible.

To say that those who didn't sit in the same boat as him can not accurately judge his professionalism and competence is simply not true.

Veterans who are honest know better.
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lonsdale and Elliott praised Kerry, only in the sense that he was being accused of committing war crimes and at the time they didn't believe it.

They didn't know that he had falsified after action reports to garner medals or that he had actually committed what some would call atrocities, e.g. shooting animals and burning villages where no V.C. could be found.

These were senior officers up the chain of command that took Kerry's word as an officer and gentleman only to find out later that he was a pathological liar.
Dabba55
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kranish, the same guy who is WORKING FOR KERRY, is purporting to report on this story. This is so dishonest. Between Kranish, the lawyers attempting to scare tv stations, and the Kerry campaign scrambling, I guarantee you Kerry's people are scared sh****less of this. This is the whole ballgame for Kerry, as he is not running on his record. He has made his campaign about INTEGRITY and CONFIDENCE and RESPECT. They can say all they want, but the fact that the book is #1 on Amazon, have no doubt, is freaking them out. They are banking on shutting the SBVs down before the details can be heard. The tv ad raises questions, the book answers them. None of the pundits know the details yet. Just wait til they get a hold of that book. That's what's scaring the Kerry folks.

Hang in there, guys. I'm so, so proud of you all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: