SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

This week's "Braying Jackass" award.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 2:33 pm    Post subject: This week's "Braying Jackass" award. Reply with quote

This week's "Braying Jackass" award:
"Republicans are making laughable claims of momentum in the 2006 elections. They poured over $5 million dollars of national Republican money into a California special election to hold onto a seat that they've held since it was created by the GOP, for the GOP 15 years ago, and they eked out a victory by 5,000 votes. Their claims of momentum are as phony as their claims of weapons of mass destruction in Iraq." —John Kerry, the grand master of phony claims

http://patriotpost.us/pub/06-23_Digest-print.htm
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:07 pm    Post subject: Re: This week's "Braying Jackass" award. Reply with quote

powsmias wrote:
Their claims of momentum are as phony as their claims of weapons of mass destruction in Iraq." —John Kerry, the grand master of phony claims

These are portions of remarks by Senator John Kerry on the floor of the US Senate on 9 October 2002 (from his website):

Quote:
It would be naive to the point of grave danger not to believe that left to his own devices, Saddam Hussein will provoke, misjudge, or stumble into a future, more dangerous confrontation with the civilized world. He has as much as promised it.

<snip>

Mr. President, I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force - if necessary - to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security and that of our allies in the Persian Gulf region.  And I will vote "yes" because on the question of how best to hold Saddam Hussein accountable, the Administration, including the President, recognizes that war must be our last option to address this threat, not the first, and that we should be acting in concert with allies around the globe to make the world's case against Saddam Hussein.  As the President made clear earlier this week, "Approving this resolution does not mean that military action is imminent or unavoidable."  It means that "America speaks with one voice."

Source

Schadow

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

let's not forget these

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1074431/posts
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget;

Quote:
We must recognize that there is no indication that Saddam Hussein has
any intention of relenting. So we have an obligation of enormous
consequence, an obligation to guarantee that Saddam Hussein cannot
ignore the United Nations. He cannot be permitted to go unobserved and
unimpeded toward his horrific objective of amassing a stockpile of
weapons of mass destruction.... If he remains obdurate, I believe that the United Nations must take, and should authorize immediately, whatever steps are necessary to force him to relent--and that the United States should support and participate in those steps.

<<Snip>>

In my judgment, the Security Council should authorize a strong U.N.
military response that will materially damage, if not totally destroy,
as much as possible of the suspected infrastructure for developing and
manufacturing weapons of mass destruction, as well as key military
command and control nodes. Saddam Hussein should pay a grave price, in a currency that he understands and values, for his unacceptable
behavior.
This should not be a strike consisting only of a handful of cruise
missiles hitting isolated targets primarily of presumed symbolic value.
But how long this military action might continue and how it may
escalate should Saddam remain intransigent and how extensive would be
its reach are for the Security Council and our allies to know and for
Saddam Hussein ultimately to find out.

<<snip>>

Should the resolve of our allies wane to pursue this matter until an
acceptable inspection process has been reinstituted--which I hope will
not occur and which I am pleased to say at this moment does not seem to
have even begun--the United States must not lose its resolve to take
action.

John Kerry - We Must Be Firm With Saddam Hussein - November 1997
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Should the resolve of our allies wane to pursue this matter until an
acceptable inspection process has been reinstituted--which I hope will not occur and which I am pleased to say at this moment does not seem to have even begun--the United States must not lose its resolve to take action.

The hubris of this opportunistic fraud is cosmic in scale. This was back in the good old days when beating up on George I for leaving Saddam in power was politically appetizing.

How can ANYONE read these words today and not marvel at this fraud's duplicity. It is AMAZING.

Last edited by Me#1You#10 on Tue Jun 13, 2006 6:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:
How can ANYONE read these words today and not marvel at this fraud's duplicity. It is AMAZING.

I think he may be so arrogant, so drunk with power, that he believes what will go down in the history books is what he says is history. He pretty much got away with this in 1971. He figures the truth is irrelevant, only what history records is, and history will record what I say if I say it often enough.

I think Mary Mapes is another example of this phenomenon. The MSM basically "wrote history," no matter what the opposition said or wrote, in the good old days. The environment has changed only recently.

Physician to soldier: never underestimate the profound intelellectual and moral impairment that can be caused by personality disorders or mental illness (e.g., narcissistic personality disorder)

-- FDL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: