SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Rules of War

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:56 pm    Post subject: The Rules of War Reply with quote

http://frontpagemag.com/Articles/ReadArticle.asp?ID=18390

The Rules of War

By Col. Brett Wyrick
June 15, 2005

(USAF Colonel Brett Wyrick is the commander of the 154th Medical Group, Hawaii Air National Guard, and is serving as a surgeon in Balad with the 332nd Expeditionary Medical Group)

EXCERPT

The first rule of war is that young men and women die. The second rule of war is that surgeons cannot change the first rule. I think the third rule of war should be that those who have given their all for our freedom are never forgotten, and they are always honored.

I wish there was not a war, and I wish our young people did not have to fight and die. But I cannot wish away evil men like Bin Laden and al-Zarqawi. These men are not wayward children who have gone astray; they are not great men who are simply misunderstood.

These are cold-blooded killers and they will kill you, me, and everyone we love and hold dear if we do not kill them first. You cannot reason with these people, you cannot negotiate with these people, and this war will not be over until they are dead. That is the ugly, awful, and brutal truth.

I wish the situation was different, but it is not. Americans have two choices. They can run from the threat, deny it exists, candy-coat it, debate it, and hope it goes away. And then, Americans will be fair game around the world and slaughtered by the thousands for the sheep they have become.

Our second choice is to crush these evil men where they live and for us to have the political will and courage to finish what we came over here to do. The last thing we need here in Iraq is an exit strategy or some damn timetable for withdrawal. Thank God there was no timetable for withdrawal after the Battle of the Bulge or Iwo Jima. Thank God there was no exit strategy at Valley Forge. Freedom is not easy, and it comes with a terrible price – I saw the bill here yesterday.

The third rule of war should be that we never forget the sacrifices made by our young men and women, and we always honor them. We honor them by finishing what they came to accomplish. We remember them by never quitting and having the backbone and the guts to never bend to the yoke of oppression.

We honor them and remember them by having the courage to live free.
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:00 pm    Post subject: Pan-Islamism Reply with quote

Excellent article, Carpro.
Quote:
I wish the situation was different, but it is not. Americans have two choices. They can run from the threat, deny it exists, candy-coat it, debate it, and hope it goes away. And then, Americans will be fair game around the world and slaughtered by the thousands for the sheep they have become.

There are too many people who refuse to realize the devastating threat we are facing.
One that is growing EXPONENTIALLY around the world.
In this article last weekend, Mark Steyn identified PAN-ISLAMISM--silently mutiplying the (Muslim First) population and eventually rendering the leadership powerless.
Wake up people!! We are facing the "unravelling of the world".

Chicago Sun-Times
Quote:
Pan-Islamism challenges idea of nation state

August 13, 2006

BY MARK STEYN SUN-TIMES COLUMNIST

(Excerpt) emphasis mine
Here's a clue, from a recent Pew poll that asked: What do you consider yourself first? A citizen of your country or a Muslim?

In the United Kingdom, 7 percent of Muslims consider themselves British first, 81 percent consider themselves Muslim first.

And that's where the really valid Lebanese comparison lies. Lebanon is a sovereign state. It has an executive and a military. But its military has less sophisticated weaponry than Hezbollah and its executive wields less authority over its jurisdiction than Hezbollah. In the old days, the Lebanese government would have fallen and Hezbollah would have formally supplanted the state. But non-state actors like the Hezbo crowd and al-Qaida have no interest in graduating to statehood. They've got bigger fish to fry. If you're interested in establishing a global caliphate, getting a U.N. seat and an Olympic team only gets in the way. The "sovereign" state is of use to such groups merely as a base of operations, as Afghanistan was and Lebanon is. They act locally but they think globally.

And that indifference to the state can be contagious. Lebanon's Christians may think of themselves as "Lebanese," but most of Hezbollah's Shiite constituency don't. Western analysts talk hopefully of fierce differences between Sunni and Shiite, Arab and Persian, but it's interesting to note the numbers of young Sunni men in Egypt, Jordan and elsewhere in recent weeks who've decided that Iran's (Shiite) President Ahmadinejad and his (Shiite) Hezbo proxies are the new cool kids in town. During the '90s, we grew used to the idea that "non-state actors" meant a terrorist group, with maybe a few hundred activists, a few thousand supporters. What if entire populations are being transformed into "non-state actors"? Not terrorists, by any means, but at the very minimum entirely indifferent to the state of which they're nominally citizens.

Hence that statistic: Seven percent of British Muslims consider their primary identity to be British, 81 percent consider it to be Muslim. By comparison, in the most populous Muslim nation on the planet, 39 percent of Muslim Indonesians consider themselves Indonesian first, 36 percent consider themselves Muslim first. For more than four years now, I've been writing about a phenomenon I first encountered in the Muslim ghettoes of the Netherlands, Belgium and other European countries in the spring of 2002: Second- and third-generation European Muslims feel far more fiercely Islamic than their parents and grandparents.

That's the issue: Pan-Islamism is the profound challenge to conventional ideas of citizenship and nationhood.
Of course, if you say that at the average Ivy League college, you'll get a big shrug: Modern multicultural man disdains to be bound by the nation state, too; he prides himself on being un citoyen du monde. The difference is that, for Western do-gooders, it's mostly a pose: They may occasionally swing by some Third World basket-case and condescend to the natives, but for the most part the multiculti set have no wish to live anywhere but an advanced Western democracy. It's a quintessential piece of leftie humbug. They may think globally, but they don't act on it.

The pan-Islamists do act. When they hold hands and sing "We Are The World," they mean it. And we're being very complacent if we think they only take over the husks of "failed states" like Afghanistan, Somalia and Lebanon. The Islamists are very good at using the principal features of the modern multicultural democracy -- legalisms, victimology -- to their own advantage. The United Kingdom is, relatively speaking, a non-failed state, but at a certain level Her Majesty's government shares the same problem as their opposite numbers in Beirut: They don't quite dare to move against the pan-Islamists and they have no idea what possible strategy would enable them to do so.

So instead they tackle the symptoms. Excellent investigative work by MI-5 and Scotland Yard foiled this plot, and may foil the next one, and the one after that, and the 10 after that, and the 100 after those. And in the meantime, a thousand incremental inconveniences fall upon the citizen. If you had told an Englishman on Sept. 10, 2001, that within five years all hand luggage would be banned on flights from Britain, he'd have thought you were a kook. If you'd told an Englishwoman that all liquids would be banned except milk for newborn babies that could only be taken on board if the adult accompanying the child drinks from the bottle in front of a security guard, she'd have scoffed and said no one would ever put up with such a ludicrous imposition. But now it's here. What other changes will the Islamists have wrought in another five years?

Absent a determination to throttle the ideology, we're about to witness the unraveling of the world.

“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark Steyn wrote:
What if entire populations are being transformed into "non-state actors"? Not terrorists, by any means, but at the very minimum entirely indifferent to the state of which they're nominally citizens.

Is he referring to the new Democratic "base"?

Mark Steyn wrote:
They may occasionally swing by some Third World basket-case and condescend to the natives, but for the most part the multiculti set have no wish to live anywhere but an advanced Western democracy. It's a quintessential piece of leftie humbug. They may think globally, but they don't act on it.

Nobody tells it like it is better than Steyn. Remarkable.
MrJapan
PO1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Second- and third-generation European Muslims feel far more fiercely Islamic than their parents and grandparents.

There's a film I have, I believe to be freely passed along, that I would love for anyone and everyone to watch that says exactly those words: "AntiSemitism In The 21st Century"...

All I need is a way to upload it to anyone that is interested. I myself use BitComet. BitTorrent or Torrent files are the fastest way to download files in this day and age. If any of you wish to watch this and has knowledge about Torrent files, let me know and I will make this file Torrent available.
FTP is another option, but I haven't used it for many years, and not sure I could remember ( Laughing ) how to set it up (passive) Wink

As a matter of fact, it answered many questions I had about the definition of AntiSemitism.

Anyway, a very good film to watch.

MJ
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrJapan wrote:
Quote:
Second- and third-generation European Muslims feel far more fiercely Islamic than their parents and grandparents.

There's a film I have, I believe to be freely passed along, that I would love for anyone and everyone to watch that says exactly those words: "AntiSemitism In The 21st Century"...

All I need is a way to upload it to anyone that is interested. I myself use BitComet. BitTorrent or Torrent files are the fastest way to download files in this day and age. If any of you wish to watch this and has knowledge about Torrent files, let me know and I will make this file Torrent available.
FTP is another option, but I haven't used it for many years, and not sure I could remember ( Laughing ) how to set it up (passive) Wink

As a matter of fact, it answered many questions I had about the definition of AntiSemitism.

Anyway, a very good film to watch.

MJ

http://lists.evolt.org/archive/Week-of-Mon-20040426/158465.html

read that, which explains a lot without explaining anything. Question

With respect to setting up an FTP server: if you're running Windoze, I'd recommend either FileZilla
( http://sourceforge.net/projects/filezilla/ )
or
Bulletproof FTP ( http://www.bpftp.com/ )

both are pretty simple to set up, and both work well. FileZilla is free.
MrJapan
PO1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
http://lists.evolt.org/archive/Week-of-Mon-20040426/158465.html

Smile

I was trying out FileZilla (again)... but there are too many hassles since I have several firewalls and security out the yinyang on my main PC...

About Torrents.... My connection speed is T3 (fiber optic), so even if I was the only seeder (the one with the full file to upload to everyone else, which in this case I am), there would be no problem for anyone else's download speed. Also, I posted this for others to download at another site, so the only limitation on how fast each person's download speed is, is their own connection Wink
Also, all of the torrent clients are free and simple (and safe) to use Very Happy

The file itself is almost 350MB, but I was able to download it in about 5 minutes Very Happy It is an AVI file, so anyone with Windows Media Player (anyone wih Windows has WMP installed) (or almost any other movie viewer) will be able to watch it.

If you are new to Torrents, and have no client:

BitComet (The one I use.. and I highly recommend this one)

Azureus (Very pretty eye candy.. but a major resource hog since it uses JAVA)

BitTornado (Very simple client, but not many options)

This is the video ->AntiSemitism In The 21st Century
***You MUST have a BitTorrent client to download the vid***

EDIT:
If you are using PeerGaurdian, you may have to turn it off >.<

INFORMATION about the film:
Quote:

From SBS Australia's The Cutting Edge

Today, more than sixty years after the Holocaust, parts of the world are experiencing a dramatic resurgence of anti-Semitism – from hate-propaganda to vandalism to attacks on Jews themselves.

This documentary explores the history and origins of anti-Semitism and looks at the reasons behind the new rise in anti-Semitism worldwide over the last few years.

Reports from western watch groups such as the European Monitoring Centre on racism and xenophobia indicate a drastic increase in anti-Semitic incidents since the year 2000, especially in Europe, where the annual average number of anti-Semitic incidents has more than doubled since the 1990s.

In addition, research shows that since the year 2000, an ever increasing number of anti-Semitic acts in parts of Europe, particularly in France and England, are being committed by Muslim and Arab youths who live there. Meanwhile, outside of Europe, in more and more Muslim communities around the
world, there is an alarming increase in anti-Semitic rhetoric in the political and public arenas, especially in the mainstream media.

What is fuelling this rise in anti-Semitism in the Islamic world today? What real threats does it pose? And how can history help us better understand what is happening?
MrJapan
PO1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the URL link to download the vid file to work (finally) Very Happy

MJ
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: