SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

French
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:07 pm    Post subject: French Reply with quote

The French are leading the U.N. force going into Lebannon??

Is this a joke or what. I wasn't aware the French even had an army. Do they actually give them guns and every thing?

Dusty
LimaCharlie
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They even have tanks! One forward and five reverse speeds.
MrJapan
PO1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LimaCharlie wrote:
They even have tanks! One forward and five reverse speeds.

Laughing

I'm sure I heard that they were for (US/FRENCH) making a resolution for a ceasefire... before they were against it.
Rolling Eyes
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schadow
Doll
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:33 pm    Post subject: Re: French Reply with quote

dusty wrote:

Is this a joke or what. I wasn't aware the French even had an army. Do they actually give them guns and every thing?

Dusty

It is a bad joke. I am not laughing. What will the French do? Nothing more than another form of UNIFIL. I suppose they will serve wine and cheese to Hizbullah. Evil or Very Mad

The HILL Chronicles

Soldiers' Angels

"Wednesday Hero - Google It!"
noyesj
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doll , It is no joke, you are forgetting they are leading a

group from the usless nations force.

Just before they leave France they draw their rations of spitwads! Twisted Evil
mtboone
Founder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:12 am    Post subject: Re: French Reply with quote

Doll wrote:
dusty wrote:

Dusty

It is a bad joke. I am not laughing. What will the French do? Nothing more than another form of UNIFIL. I suppose they will serve wine and cheese to Hizbullah. Evil or Very Mad

No, they will not serve wine, they will whine. You gotta use spell check more often. lol

The last greatest french offensive was the head butt in the last world cup. It has been over a 100 years since such a great offensive action from a FROG.
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watching Fox News this morning, sounds like France is waffeling on their troop commitment already.
Big surprise right?

Hey Schadow, great graphic. And right now looking pretty prophetic.

Dusty
Deuce
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we're all lucky, that great French Naval Captain (just ask him), Jean LeKerree will lead the charge (did I mention he served in Vietnam)! It would give him something to do in retirement (What he's not retired yet...just wishful thinking I guess)

Deuce
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dusty wrote:
Watching Fox News this morning, sounds like France is waffeling on their troop commitment already.
Big surprise right?

Dusty

Lately, I heard that the French "offer" consists of sending 20 officers and 200 enlisted engineers. Sounds like they're planning to rebuild stuff, probably under contract to Hesbollah. This is peacekeeping?

Did we really expect more?

Schadow
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I think you will appreciate this one, Dusty.

From the pen of John Burtis (who has become one of my favorites),
panning the French, the UN, and Monsieur Kerrie. Pretty funny if it weren't so true.
Quote:
UN, France, cowardice
The open recreancy of the West
By John Burtis

Friday, August 18, 2006

So much for the long sought cease fire for the Israeli-Hezbollah conflict, as the initial high hopes for success first became forlorn, then rapidly sank into pantomime, then quickly degenerated into high camp, finally ending in a denouement of epic proportions.

It appears that France has decided, or will decide, or has chosen to decide, or perhaps will decide real soon, that their mighty peacekeeping force — once thought to be numbered in the tens of thousands and to include crack armored and Foreign Legion parachutists, as promised to President Bush and to Secretary of State Rice - will now only include perhaps as many as 200 conscripted social "engineers" and a few officers.

And the French, in the guise of Mr. Jacques Chirac, their intrepid leader, mouthpiece, and foremost cuirassier, will no longer deign to engage Hezbollah if they are fired upon, leaving this onerous and repellent task, this hated response, this all too shabby a plenary duty, to the blue helmeted minions of the UN, which are being assembled under the strong and resolute gaze of their intrepid leader and warlord — Kofi Annan the Great, Sharif of the Riffian Berbers, Defender of the Innocent, Protector of the Faithful, Field Marshal of the Blue, and present holder of the Collar of the Annunziata, among his many brilliant awards for bravery, leadership, and for the dodging of numerous prosecutions for corrupt practices.

But Mr. Kofi, as he is known to his closest friends and associates, whom he allows to call him by his common name and allows to forsake his many honorific titles and tribal appellations, has so far failed to complete any number of the tasks which he must accomplish in order to make any UN force viable in the carrying out of UN Resolution 1701.

Yes, Kofi the Great, and his paladin on the Saladin, Mark Malloch-Brown the Magnificent, have yet to assemble any troops, to promulgate any guidelines, and, of course, to spell out any rules of engagement whatsoever for the blue bereted troopers under their command. The latter, of course, are especially key should any of the countless thousands of wise and humble members of the International Atomic Brotherhood of Hezbollah choose to abrogate the ceasefire, again, and begin directing their Katyusha rockets, Fajr-5 missiles, anti-tank missiles, B-40 rockets, and small arms fire at the boyos in blue.

But fear not, boys and girls, Kofi and Mr. Brown are on the job and said to be just weeks and perhaps many months away from completing their complicated tasks.

Mr. Annan is winding up his automobile shopping, finishing up that tendentitious autobiography of Mr. Clinton, and is completing his swing through the shops on Madison Avenue.

Mr. Mark Malloch-Brown has just finished perusing road maps of middle America, getting his bearings for his next cheek puffing diatribe on this mysterious hinterland where some people still question his sanity, the reason why criminals like those involved in Oil for Food at the UN are still allowed sanctuary in the US, and he continues to wonder why the outwardly doltish are actually allowed to listen to O’Reilly and Limbaugh.

So, now the French are backing out on their promised word as fast as they can say, "Monsieur Jacques Robinson," Jacques Chirac is back pedaling faster than Emmett Kelly look alike’s can in the latest iteration of the Ringling Bros. circus, while the UN is as feckless as those two great stumbling prosecutors, Mike Nifong and Patrick Fitzgerald, and the UN’s two top leaders are as empty of original ideas as a Ward Churchill treatise on ancient Indian lore.

While all of this international folderol, tommyrot, and the open bootlicking of Hezbollah’s dirty sandals has frightened the dickens out of the French and the UN, Senator John Kerry of Massachusetts, fresh from his latest fact finding trip deep inside the death dealing Tip O’Neill Tunnel, has offered his secret e-mail list to Ned Lament, of the Nutmeg State, to raise funds for the anti-war Democrat.

And Mr. Lament, a successful businessman with a tremendous inheritance, after stating that he is a fiscally conservative Democrat - who, apparently, only believes the oft repeated lines about stringent national health care, anti-capitalism, central planning, increased taxes, further reductions in the military, retreat abroad, windfall profits taxes, crackdowns on SUV drivers, the rigid enforcement of "choice," retreat at home, for purely political reasons — said a gracious thanks to Mr. Kerry, and vowed to cut and run from Iraq as soon as humanly possible, leaving the field to Iran, a country, he steadfastly admits, he knows absolutely nothing about. But such is the way of retreat in leading liberal and progressive circles today. A retreat that Mr. Kerry likens to the retreat Mr. Chirac breathlessly embraces.

Yes, there’s plenty of retreat going around for everybody, from the French, to the oh so French Mr. Kerry, to Mr. Kerry’s latest clone, Mr. Ned Lament, and on down to Kofi Annan, Field Marshal and warlord, and to his personal valet, lackey, and coat holder, Mr. Mark Malloch-Brown, who never retreated before a terrorist he didn’t like, nor indicated anything other than a retrograde maneuver when faced by a member of Hezbollah.

Yep, the French have broken their word, the UN can’t get things together, Hezbollah won’t be giving up their weapons anytime soon and I’m a little surprised that Condi Rice bit on that old UN candy bar. The one where they claim, for the 723rd time, that they can pull it together with the French in the top slot and get something done, militarily, and then do it in a time specific before we all grow old and before Iran, Syria, North Korea, Cuba, Venezuela, and Hezbollah finally have nuclear weapons.

But I’m a dreamer, while Mr. Chirac, Mr. Annan, Mr. Buster Brown, and Mr. Kerry are hard nosed Western recreants.
Canada Free Press

“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, I like that one. Thanks shawa

And like you said, funny if not so true.

Dusty
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another bandaid by an ineffectual organization (the UN or the French take your pick).
I believe that I agree with the opinion of Jerry Golden in his article: Do they have the guts to do it?
Quote:
There is only one way to defeat Hizbullah and Hamas and it doesn’t look like the US or Israel has the intestinal fortitude, in plain old country boy talk, the guts to do it. You cannot negotiate with the Devil, you either defeat him or he defeats you. Islam is on the move in their Global Jihad and if the US and Israel don’t come to grips with the reality of what is in store for them it will be to late in the very near future. The main problem today is Iran and everyone knows it, yet no one is willing to do what has to be done to stop Iran. If we can’t handle them now what are we going to do after they have the nuclear bomb and give it to al-Qaida, Hizbullah and Hamas. As for Hizbullah and Hamas neither could even exist without the support of Iran, they would have no money or weapons and they would have no choice but to surrender.

The solution is not a pretty one, yet it is the only one unless we are ready to surrender to the Islamic Jihad, Iran has to be turned into a giant Glass Factory. There isn’t a country in the world that doesn’t know that is the only real solution, and the only way these fanatics can be stopped. What they are counting on is we don’t have the guts to do it. http://www.thegoldenreport.com/asp/jerrysnewsmanager/anmviewer.asp?a=1068&z=1

... giant Glass Factory ... something to consider.

MrJapan
PO1

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BuffaloJack wrote:
Another bandaid by an ineffectual organization (the UN or the French take your pick).
I believe that I agree with the opinion of Jerry Golden in his article: Do they have the guts to do it?
Quote:
There is only one way to defeat Hizbullah and Hamas and it doesn’t look like the US or Israel has the intestinal fortitude, in plain old country boy talk, the guts to do it. You cannot negotiate with the Devil, you either defeat him or he defeats you. Islam is on the move in their Global Jihad and if the US and Israel don’t come to grips with the reality of what is in store for them it will be to late in the very near future. The main problem today is Iran and everyone knows it, yet no one is willing to do what has to be done to stop Iran. If we can’t handle them now what are we going to do after they have the nuclear bomb and give it to al-Qaida, Hizbullah and Hamas. As for Hizbullah and Hamas neither could even exist without the support of Iran, they would have no money or weapons and they would have no choice but to surrender.

The solution is not a pretty one, yet it is the only one unless we are ready to surrender to the Islamic Jihad, Iran has to be turned into a giant Glass Factory. There isn’t a country in the world that doesn’t know that is the only real solution, and the only way these fanatics can be stopped. What they are counting on is we don’t have the guts to do it. http://www.thegoldenreport.com/asp/jerrysnewsmanager/anmviewer.asp?a=1068&z=1

... giant Glass Factory ... something to consider.

I can NEVER match parrot... but this is my first attempt @ doing something politically constructive..... This is my first try ever... parrot, need some advice how to make it easy (is anything in life easy?! >.<)

MJ
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
While it said France was prepared to command the enlarged force, it also called for safety guarantees for its soliders before making further commitments.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060818/wl_mideast_afp/mideastconflictlebanonunfrancetroops

What in the H**L is this?
The French will send troops, but only if the UN can guarantee that nobody will shoot at them.
What is the French word for GUTLESS?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: