SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Insight of a Sergeant Major

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
baldeagle
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 3:21 pm    Post subject: Insight of a Sergeant Major Reply with quote

I lifted this from another forum and have no idea where it was originally published, or I would happily give credit where due.
Wish I had said it myself.
Baldeagle

Quote:
Insight of a Sergeant Major
(The author, J.D. Pendry, is a retired Army Command Sergeant Major who writes for Random House.)

NO PUNCHES PULLED HERE

Jimmy Carter, you're the father of the Islamic Nazi movement. You threw the Shah under the bus, welcomed the Ayatollah home and then lacked the spine to confront the terrorists when they took our embassy and our people hostage. You're the Runner-in-Chief.

Bill Clinton, you played "ring around the Lewinsky" while the terrorists were at war with us. You got us into a fight with them in Somalia, and then you ran from it. Your weak-willed responses embolden the killers. Each time you failed to respond adequately they grew bolder, until 9/11.

John Kerry, dishonesty is your most prominent attribute. You lied about American Soldiers in Vietnam. Your military service, like your life, is more fiction than fact. You've accused our Soldiers of terrorizing women and in Iraq. Yo u called Iraq the wrong war, wrong place, wrong time... the same words you used to describe Vietnam. You're a fake. You want to run from Iraq and abandon the Iraqis to murderers just as you did the Vietnamese. Iraq, like Vietnam is another war that you were for, before you were against it.

John Murtha, you said our military was broken. You said we can't win militarily in Iraq. You accused United States Marines of cold-blooded murder without proof. And said we should redeploy to Okinawa. Okinawa, John? And the Democrats call you their military expert. Are you sure you didn't suffer a traumatic brain injury while you were off building your war hero resume? You're a sad, pitiable, corrupt and washed up politician. You're not a Marine sir. You wouldn't amount to a pimple on a real Marine's ass. You're a phony and a disgrace. Run away John.

Dick Durbin, you accused our Soldiers at Guantanamo of being Nazis, tenders of Soviet style gulags and as bad as the regime of Pol Pot who murdered two million of his own people after your party abandoned South East Asia to the Communists. Now you want to abandon the Iraqis to the same fate. History was not a good teacher for you, was it? See Dick run.

Ted Kennedy, for days on end you held poster sized pictures from Abu Grhaib in front of any available television camera. Al Jazeera quoted you saying that Iraqis torture chambers were open under new management. Did you see the news this week Teddy? The Islamic Nazis demonstrate real torture for you again. If you truly supported our troops, you'd show the world poster-sized pictures of that atrocity and demand the annihilation of it. Your legislation stripping support from the South Vietnamese which led to a communist victory there. You're a bloated fool bent on repeating the same historical blunder that turned freedom-seeking people over to homicidal, genocidal maniacs. To paraphrase John Murtha, all while sitting on you wide, gin- soaked rear-end in Washington.

Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi, Carl Levine, Barbara Boxer, Diane Feinstein, Russ Feingold, Hillary Clinton, Pat Leahy, Chuck Schumer et al ad nauseam. Every time you stand in front of television cameras and broadcast to the Islamic Nazis that we went to war because our President lied. That the war is wrong and our Soldiers are torturers. That we should leave Iraq, you give the Islamic butchers - the same ones that tortured and mutilated American Soldiers - cause to think that we will run away again and all they have to do is hang on a little longer.

American news media, the New York Times particularly. Each time you publish stories about national defense secrets and our intelligence gathering methods, you become one with the sub-human pieces of camel dung that torture and mutilate the bodies of American Soldiers. You can't strike up the courage to publish cartoons, but you can help Al Qaeda destroy my country. Actually, you are more dangerous to us than Al Qaeda is. Think about that each time you face Mecca to admire your Pulitzer.

You are America's axis of idiots. Your collective stupidity will destroy us. Self-serving politics and terrorist abetting news scoops are more important to you than our national security or the lives of innocent civilians and Soldiers. It bothers you that defending ourselves gets in the way of your elitist sport of politics and your ignorant editorializing. There is as much blood on your hands as is on the hands of murdering terrorists. Don't ever doubt that. Your frolics will only serve to extend this war as they extended Vietnam. If you want our Soldiers home, as you claim, knock off the crap and try supporting your country ahead of supporting your silly political aims and aiding our enemies. Yes, I'm questioning your patriotism. Your loyalty ends with -self. I'm also questioning why you're stealing air that decent Americans could be breathing. You don't deserve the protection of our men and women in uniform. You need to run away from this war and this country. Leave the war to the people who have the will to see it through and the country to people who are willing to defend it.

No Commander in Chief, you don't get off the hook either. Our country has two enemies. Those who want to destroy us from the outside and those who attempt it from within. Your Soldiers are dealing with the outside force. It's your obligation to support them by confronting the axis of idiots. America must hear it from you that these people are harming our country, abetting the enemy and endangering our safety. Well up a little anger please, and channel it toward the appropriate target. You must prosecute those who leak national security secrets to the media. You must prosecute those in the media who knowingly publish those secrets. Our Soldiers need you to confront the enemy that they cannot. They need you to do it now.
"Monk"

[/quote]
"In a word, I want an American character, that the powers of Europe may be convinced we act for ourselves and not for others; this, in my judgment, is the only way to be respected abroad and happy at home." --George Washington
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 3:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Insight of a Sergeant Major Reply with quote

baldeagle wrote:
Well up a little anger please, and channel it toward the appropriate target. You must prosecute those who leak national security secrets to the media. You must prosecute those in the media who knowingly publish those secrets. Our Soldiers need you to confront the enemy that they cannot. They need you to do it now.

Amen!!!!!! This could apply to all of us, not just the president, but it really is up to him to set the tone. If the tone is appeasing and tolerant, it gives the impression that supporting our enemies is acceptable behavior.

What a great article!
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sounds like every Sargeant major I knew in the Army. Little wonder most officers looked up to them as well.

He makes a lot of sense. We have our troops off fighting terrorists and someone needs to watch their backs at home. We can raise a fuss, but our government, preferrably both parties, but one will do, bears the responsibility to squelch matters that threaten their safety and well being.

Revealing state secrets is far different than dissenting on policy.
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is as much blood on your hands as is on the hands of murdering terrorists.

Actually, far more ... think of the Killing Fields.

The U.S. would be far better off if all of the named politicians moved to one of their Marxist-Islamist paradises.

-- FDL
BuffaloJack

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Monk, you have summed up in one page the thoughts and sentiments of nearly every America loving patriot in this land of Freedom.
Well stated !!!
Jack
LimaCharlie
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The MSM keeps pointing to the President’s low poll ratings and saying that the Democrats have a great chance to take over both houses of Congress. What they don’t seem to understand is that many of the negative ratings come from people that don’t think President Bush and Congress have gone far enough in defeating terrorists, closing the borders, and reducing spending. I don’t see that resulting in conservative people voting for a Democrat wanting to appease terrorists, open the borders, and raise taxes. Doesn’t compute with me.
Deuce
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lew, great point, I'll second it...always paid to listen to them then, as now!
and LimaCharlie I'm with you...

The 'axis of idiots' including the 527 Media (MSM) have been allowed to play their hand for too long...going back to Carter (idiot-in-chief).

Quote:
You don't deserve the protection of our men and women in uniform. You need to run away from this war and this country. Leave the war to the people who have the will to see it through and the country to people who are willing to defend it.

There must be a way...yes...there just must be!

Deuce
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, that's what I'm talkin about.
Well said Sgt. Major.
Sent this to all my P.C. friends with the message that if you don't agree with what this guy says then you know which group you're in.
I probably won't hear from some of them again. Good riddance. Maybe they will move to Iran.

Dusty
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Sargeant Major has a blog site and makes mention of some "cyber courage" comments he has received over this.

J.D.Pendry.com

We need more people like the Sargeant Major and his old fashioned common sense.

We all know NCOs are the backbone of the Military. Our government needs more former NCOs applying their common sense to the day to day operations, I feel.
baldeagle
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lew, thanks for the link to the SM's blog. It went right into my favorites list.
"In a word, I want an American character, that the powers of Europe may be convinced we act for ourselves and not for others; this, in my judgment, is the only way to be respected abroad and happy at home." --George Washington
fortdixlover

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewWaters wrote:
We need more people like the Sargeant Major and his old fashioned common sense.

Lew, common sense is not "old fashioned."

In fact, it's the leftist crap that's "old fashioned." It comes right out the Dark Ages, when reason was put aside and hysteria and brutality ruled the lands.

-- FDL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: