SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Texas has it's own submarine

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 2:22 pm    Post subject: Texas has it's own submarine Reply with quote

If you're from Texas you'll like this one. Larua Bush did the honors so this is going to be one special boat.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060826/ap_on_re_us/navy_submarine

Dusty
LimaCharlie
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Memo to the bad guys of the world:

"The eyes of Texas are upon you, All the live-long day. The eyes of Texas are upon you, You cannot get away. Do not think you can escape them, ...."
Deuce
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

but note that as a faithful member of the 527 Media, if you click the big "Full Military Coverage" link at the bottom of the Yahoo article, you get the regular negative BS you can find in the rest of the alphabet 527 Media! SoYahoo isn't letting the 527 Media scoop them on Anti-American news, after all!
What a surprise...NOT!

Deuce
for the 'real' full military coverage, one of the best is:
http://www.centcom.mil/sites/uscentcom1/Lists/Press%20Releases/Current%20Releases.aspx
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are so right, Deuce. All anti-American, all anti-Military, all the time!!
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
NortonPete
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Texas has it's own submarine Reply with quote

dusty wrote:
If you're from Texas you'll like this one. Larua Bush did the honors so this is going to be one special boat.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060826/ap_on_re_us/navy_submarine

Dusty

I'm from NJ and we like the USS Texas. I like the USS Texas teamed up with the OHIO Class
USS Maine. Loaded with Trident Nuclear Missiles

Hopefully Sitting about 200 miles offshore of North Korea.

Lets you sleep better at night.

Some other noteworthy ships named Texas.

USS Texas (BB-35)

USS Texas (1895-1911)
I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arizona hasn't been as lucky. There's been only one USS Arizona and her memorial decorates Pearl Harbor. There's been two USS Phoenix. The 1st, a heavy cruiser also was a veteran of 12/7. She survived to be sold to Argentina, get renamed Belgrano and sunk by the Brits in the Falkland war. The second is attack sub whose location and hull appearance are classified. Doesn't leave us alot to brag about.

-Wlm Shakespeare
baldeagle
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I B Squidly wrote:
Arizona hasn't been as lucky. There's been only one USS Arizona and her memorial decorates Pearl Harbor. There's been two USS Phoenix. The 1st, a heavy cruiser also was a veteran of 12/7. She survived to be sold to Argentina, get renamed Belgrano and sunk by the Brits in the Falkland war. The second is attack sub whose location and hull appearance are classified. Doesn't leave us alot to brag about.

Well, there is the Phoenix Missile! (The AIM-54 long range air-to-air Navy missile) also now de-commissioned.
"In a word, I want an American character, that the powers of Europe may be convinced we act for ourselves and not for others; this, in my judgment, is the only way to be respected abroad and happy at home." --George Washington
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: