SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

We need help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marinesdaughter
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 6:06 am    Post subject: We need help Reply with quote

I'm new here and I'm not a veteran but my father and two brothers are. I hope you don't mind if I'm on your forum. Someone may have already discussed this issue with you on here but if they haven't, I would like to share with you and ask for any help possible to stop yet another loss of our personal freedom. It's about the USDA's National Animal ID System plan.

We have already bought and paid for our farm animals. They are our private property. This is a burden most small farmers and ranchers cannot afford nor do we want to lose the last of our privacy. The USDA is pushing a 3 phase plan that will not only make those of us that own livestock have to register our farms with our personal info, pay a fee to register our farms, they will force us to re-tag or microchip every single farm animal. Then comes the tracking phase. There are several websites that will tell you what this is really all about and I hope each of you will take the time to read them so you can better understand our plight. They are telling the public this is about disease. If this was about disease then every wild animal, mosquito and fly would have to be microchipped and tracked. The USA has the safest food in the world and disease has been on the earth for millions of years.

I hate to have to ask for help from the very people that have already done so much for us. I never thought this could happen in America. If you study this issue, you will see what it will do to everyone, not just the farmers and ranchers. Please let others know that this is really happening to us.

Sincerely;
Marine'sdaughter

www.farmandranchfreedom.org
www.nonais.org
www.texasanimalhealthcommissionwatch.com

There are more websites on this issue than this but that's all I can think of right now.
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so they're trying to sneak another one by us eh?
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:48 pm    Post subject: Re: We need help Reply with quote

Welcome to the SVPT forum Marinesdaughter Wink

Marinesdaughter wrote:
I never thought this could happen in America.

...yet we continue to elect sociocrats who will legislate away all risk (and all freedom while they're at it).

Is it actually possible that this legislation will get support from the farm lobby?

Quote:
Nothing

Say what you think
But the best thing to think
Is nothing -
That's excellent thinking.

Eat what you like
But the best food to like
Is nothing -
It's not on the ration.

Do what you want
But the best thing to do
Is nothing -
And mind how you do it.

Go where you want
But the place to go
Is nowhere -
You might get permission.

Obey them.
When they tell you what to do.
You are nothing.
Nothing.

Believe them
When they tell you what is true.
You're nothing.
Nothing.

Keep your nose to the grindstone
And your shoulder to the wheel.
Listen
When they tell you what to feel
And -
Feel what you like
But the best thing to feel
Is nothing

(Whispering:)
Nothing.

George Orwell, "Animal Farm"
Marinesdaughter
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies. Your words mean a LOT!

What so many people do not realize is that in Texas they already passed Tx HB1361 which basically says we have to comply with the 1st phase of the USDA's plan by registering our farms and ranches and paying a fee. Our Texas legislature gave full authority to the Texas Animal Health Commission to enforce it.

No one that I talked to had even a clue about any of this! Yet they said it was well publicized.

With Tx HB1361 (the Premises Registration law) already being passed in Texas, all that has to happen now is for the Texas Animal Health Commission to "adopt" this law and start enforcing it. Our Tx legislature gave them full authority. The law basically says that if we do not comply (pay the fee, tell them where we are, who we are, how many animals we own, etc) we could be faced with criminal charges (class C misd.) and could face up to a $1000 a day fine!

How many will lose their farms either way? By giving up our privacy and freedom we will lose. By losing money on our small herds by the expense of it all, we will lose. We could either be forced to sell out or the fines will be so high we would lose our farms and ranches. They have us by the "you know whats"!

It doesn't take much reading to realize the big money behind it all and what we are up against. You don't see it on the major news media and most people either don't know about it or don't have a farm animal so they think this won't affect them.

Control our food supply. How brilliant. Very sneaky.

Marinesdaughter
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:51 pm    Post subject: Re: We need help Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:
Welcome to the SVPT forum Marinesdaughter Wink

Marinesdaughter wrote:
I never thought this could happen in America.

...yet we continue to elect sociocrats who will legislate away all risk (and all freedom while they're at it).

Is it actually possible that this legislation will get support from the farm lobby?

You are right. Many lobbyists from big money, ie; the big meat packers, veterinarians, microchip companies, the list is long and many elected officials that "WE" put into office ignoring the small farmers and ranchers's outcries.

My father is now unable to speak, but I would love to hear what he had to say about this. If you saw the movie "The Great Santini" you caught a good glimpse of how we grew up! My father was a Phantom F4-B pilot.

AMOS
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 4:37 pm    Post subject: Farming Reply with quote

Yep, Tyson Foods is going after pork, chicken and turkey. Then there's Murphy Family Farms also trying to corral the pork industry with confinement feeding facilities up here in Iowa and other states. I don't know of any real hog farmers anymore. Murphy Family Farms is a dirty word here.
Marinesdaughter
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel for ya'll. The small family farm is in BIG trouble across America in more ways than one that's for sure. The beef packers are behind this too. So, how can we get the public to hear about this and recognize how adversly this affects our freedom as well as our food supply?

This will be the first time in America you cannot own even one laying hen, or milk cow or a horse without the government's permission. The fines and criminal charges for not complying are enough to scare anyone out of owning a cow or horse, not to mention all the expenses and tracking!
Marinesdaughter
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take a look at this! On the www.nonais.org forum they had an article about Vermont successfully stopping the Premises ID plan there. 21 people left comments after the article and look who left the 21st one.........

http://nonais.org/index.php/2006/08/29/usda-terrorists/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: