SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Heads Up - Walt Williams vs Juan Williams

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:58 pm    Post subject: Heads Up - Walt Williams vs Juan Williams Reply with quote

Walter Williams sitting in for Rush today. He is going to have Juan Williams on in the 2nd hour. Coming right up. This should be good!!
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprising! Juan has written a book taking up from Bill Cosby on the lack of parenting and direction for today's black youth. He slams Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson. He gives credit to President Bush for the no child left behind program.
I am surprised-- I would have thought he would "blame Bush" for everything. Maybe there's hope for old Juan.
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shawa wrote:
Maybe there's hope for old Juan.

Were he free to speak without being crucified by the Demo thought police, he'd probably come out for Lieberman.

I've been noting his more centrist drift for some time now and it's encouraging.
baldeagle
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, he's on several nights a week with Britt Hume, Krauthammer, et al, and has to listen carefully to what they have to say in order to refute them. Its dificult to listen to clear logic such as that without being somewhat converted sooner or later.
"In a word, I want an American character, that the powers of Europe may be convinced we act for ourselves and not for others; this, in my judgment, is the only way to be respected abroad and happy at home." --George Washington
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well I wish those like jackson, rangel etc would stop going around saying black kids are the down trodden, the 'used' and abused, it's their 'lot' in life to be welfare moms etc.

If these kids continualy hear this, they'll start (do) think it is the truth!!

They should be doing what Cosby is doing - telling these parents to shape up and 'feed' (mental food) their kids good stuff and discipline etc.
They ALL should be telling these kids in poor areas (and I don't think it is just blacks !) that they can do anything... they can rise above it - as many do !

give them hope and direction and the tools necessary to make it up and out... (like school, good speech, discipline, manners, etc
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
balconespolitics
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:42 am    Post subject: Lincoln never said that... Reply with quote

http://www.factcheck.org/article415.html
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

balconespolitics

I take it that you are a Murtha supporter, and that's fine.
Diana Irey apologized for referencing the quote when she found out it was bogus and that's good.
Quote:
Diana Irey, Aug. 25: Today I became aware for the first time that a line I used in a May press conference was not, in fact, a quote from Abraham Lincoln. It was a mistake to say the line came from President Lincoln, and the mistake was mine. I apologize.

But HUH?? What has any of that to do with a discussion by Juan Williams about his new book??
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shawa wrote:
But HUH?? What has any of that to do with a discussion by Juan Williams about his new book??

Obviously a comment directed at Stevie's signature quote, and he appears to be correct. Unfortunately, John Kerry's Jefferson misquote appears to have been overlooked by FactCheck's perspicacious editors....surely just an oversight on their part.

Let's get back on topic.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: