SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NYT:War Veterans Lend Support to Lieberman in TV Ads

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 12:14 pm    Post subject: NYT:War Veterans Lend Support to Lieberman in TV Ads Reply with quote

NY Slimes hard at work...sound familiar? (Hyperlink mine)

Quote:
War Veterans Lend Support to Lieberman in TV Ads
By JENNIFER MEDINA
Published: September 2, 2006

HARTFORD, Sept. 1 — An independent group, Vets for Freedom, will begin sponsoring television commercials early next week for Senator Joseph I. Lieberman, thanking him for his support of the war in Iraq.

Vets for Freedom is a group of veterans of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and has ties to top Republican leaders.

NY Times - cont'd

The NY Times may come to find that "ties to top Republican leaders" no longer packs the pejorative punch that it once might have except, perhaps, among those in their subscriber base.
rhv5862
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:37 pm    Post subject: NYT: War veterans lend support to Lieberman Reply with quote

Unlike other Democrats Lieberman votes what he feels is right and not how he is told to by party leaders. He is to be respected for being a free thinker and not walking in lock step with the rest of the Democrat Party.
If I lived in Ct would vote for him. Hopefully he will win.

RHV
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
...has ties to top Republican leaders.

As opposed to having ties to the very far-left, anti-war, moonbat element of the Democratic Party... which are the backers of Lamont.

I know that's not the context the NYT meant when they included that statement, but it sort of seems the NYT inadvertently gave Lieberman a compliment. It's just too bad (though obviously deliberate) that the NYT didn't include a "fair and balanced" comparison of Lamont's backers.
DLI78
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of times I have emailed Joe at his senate web site that if he ever gets tired of Connecticut he is more than welcome to come here and replace either Boxer (Awooooo! Sorry, can't help barking at the moon when I read or hear that name) or Feinstein.

Damn I wish he was one of my Senators.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: