SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry-"Monday morning quarterback"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 6:07 pm    Post subject: Kerry-"Monday morning quarterback" Reply with quote

Gregg's superior intellect bests a moronic Kerry:

Quote:
Sen. Judd Gregg, R-N.H., took a neighbor to task on the floor of the U.S. Senate this week, calling Sen. John Kerry, D-Mass., a "Monday morning quarterback" on terrorism and the Iraq war and accusing him of engaging in a "viciously partisan attack" on the Bush administration.

Gregg responded to Kerry's litany of alleged Bush administration failures on Iraq and the overall war on terrorism. Kerry called strongly for the resignation of Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld, who, Kerry said, "should be held accountable for this job."

Gregg defended administration policy while acknowledging "there were some errors." He said that perhaps Kerry and the Democrats want to replace Rumsfeld with Democratic National Chairman Howard Dean or Democratic Connecticut U.S. Senate nominee Ned Lamont, whose calls for withdrawal from Iraq are "based on naivete," Gregg said.

Kerry called the administration's policy politically-based and immoral, even accusing Bush, Rumsfeld and their supporters of using the Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist attacks for their own political gain.

"I think it is immoral to treat 9/11 as a political pawn and to continue to excuse the invasion of Iraq by exploiting the 3,000 mothers and fathers, sons and daughters who were lost on September 11," Kerry said. "They were attacked and killed, I remind the Senate again, not by Saddam Hussein but by Osama bin Laden."

Gregg responded, "It sort of makes you think that if (Kerry) were giving a discussion about the Red Sox, he would not have put Bill Buckner at first. He would not have picked Bucky Dent. He would have given Carlton Fisk his contract. Or he would not have traded Babe Ruth.

"It is a litany as if he is a Monday morning quarterback and had the answer now to what would have been the correct process," Gregg said.

Cont'd NH Union Leader

“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
Doll
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good read. Kerry has never been about anything but running behind someone else's coat tails. But Monday morning quarterback? I would not even give him that much credit of intelligentsia.

The HILL Chronicles

Soldiers' Angels

"Wednesday Hero - Google It!"
GoophyDog
PO1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think about it Doll, the analogy is spot on.

Kerry is Monday morning quarterback to a BASEBALL team. He has not and can not even get that right! Right on the money with him saying terrorism is a crime and should be fought that way.

I wonder if that subtle slap was intentional by Senator Gregg.
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was driving down the road not long ago and passed a sign saying something along the line of "be careful next 7 miles 27 DUI deaths since January, 2006."

I couldn't help but think of the IED's and DUI fatalities.

hmm, I will elaborate further on this later. For now going to go get a picture of that sign. A night picture should turn out pretty good. Be back in a couple of hours.

Make that since January 1999. Now I am too tired to write anything. Tomorrow.
Doll
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoophyDog wrote:
Think about it Doll, the analogy is spot on.

Kerry is Monday morning quarterback to a BASEBALL team. He has not and can not even get that right! Right on the money with him saying terrorism is a crime and should be fought that way.

I wonder if that subtle slap was intentional by Senator Gregg.

I see your point. I too wonder if the subtle slap was not truly intended for Gregg. He certainly would have that coming. Wink

The HILL Chronicles

Soldiers' Angels

shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry is soooo confused.

He thinks his HINDsight substitutes for INsight.
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shawa wrote:
Kerry is soooo confused.

He thinks his HINDsight substitutes for INsight.

Monday morning halfwit, not Monday morning quarterback.

-- FDL
Doll
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fortdixlover wrote:
Monday morning halfwit, not Monday morning quarterback.-- FDL

Thank you! Well said and so true! Wink

The HILL Chronicles

Soldiers' Angels

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: