SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vet in need of help or advice.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
davman
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:54 pm    Post subject: Vet in need of help or advice. Reply with quote

I'm not sure if this is apropriate to post on this site. if not I please accept my apology. My brother in law, and good friend, recently returned from service in Iraq. Upon his return, his wife announced that she wanted a divorce. He is currently working with an attorney who doesn't seem to have his best interest at heart. He is in jeapordy of losing his children, which is his main concern. Does anyone know of an attorney in New Hampshire who could help. Any advice would be greatly apreciated.

Thanks,
Davman
Doll
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sorry that I cannot offer any advice and since I do not reside in NH I know of no attorney to recommend.

I just wanted to say how sorry I am to hear this and that it is sad when men or women return from doing the most noble of things, defending this country from terror, must deal with that slap in the face from their own spouse that they left behind for a worthy cause.

God bless him and I pray things can work out amicable for him. Like many in the service in years past, sadly these things happen. Right or wrong unfortunately it is a cruel reality and the chance every service man or woman takes when they go off to war. Their loved one may have had a change of heart. Sadly kids get mixed in the crossfire and as wrong as that it-in the majority of cases that too seems to be a norm.

I will be praying for your brother-in-law and good friend.

The HILL Chronicles

Soldiers' Angels

"Wednesday Hero - Google It!"
davman
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Doll. It tears my heart out because he is such a good guy. He has over 20 years in the National Guard and 20 as a police officer. He stands to lose his home, his family and half of his pension. All of a sudden, it seems like his attorney is not even on his side. on top of everything else, two years after he left for Iraq, he is still active duty in order to get treated for injuries that he suffered on deployment. He was not wounded in combat, and I'm not sure how he got hurt, but it has not helped the situation.
NortonPete
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:14 pm    Post subject: Leagl help to National Guard NH Reply with quote

Have you contacted these People mentioned in this article

I cannot recommend them as I don't know about them.
Doll
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome davman! Smile

The HILL Chronicles

Soldiers' Angels

"Wednesday Hero - Google It!"
davman
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Norton. I think he tried to get her to go to counseling that this group offers, but she refused. He probably doesn't know that they offer legal assistance as well. Your help is very much apreciated.
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the military offer an EAP (Employee Assistance Program)? It's a benefit that offers things like attys at a 20% discount and you get a free consultation. Ask him to check. Many attys have a website or info about them on a lawyers website that will say if they were in the military. Tell him to look for one of them.
davman
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks RDTF. I will pass that along.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: