SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Advice and advise

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sgt-Keeper
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 5:39 pm    Post subject: Advice and advise Reply with quote

I reside in the State of Insanity, sorry, in the State if Illinois. In case you haven't been following what is going on here, the front runner for US Senate is a Democrat named Obama who gave the keynote address at the DNC. He votes way left of Ted Kennedy & John Kerry when it comes to taxes & social programs. He also is obviously a strong supporter of JFKerry. His new Republican challenger is a carpetbagger from Maine (?), ultra conservative Allen Keys, somewhat right of McCarthy, (for those of you old enough to remember or know of old Joe). We are in such a mess here that I am seriously thinking about jumping into this mess, representing the Veterans Party as a moderate choice. We would run an web based e-mail then write-in campaign. I have nightmares seeing JFK, TK, BObama, & the rest sitting in the Oval office having a good laugh. BO is getting most of his funding from out of state. Who knows about Keys, he's not from around here. I'm not looking to raise money. Just your thoughts.
There is only one thing a Marine can't do: "slam a revolving door".
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I'd jump at the chance to vote for Alan Keyes, carpet-bagger or no, even though he is socially more conservative than I am. (Just as is our President, for that matter.)

Alan Keyes is one of the best and most articulate spokemen for the conservative cause in this country - and I believe him to be honorable and courageous - one of the people I admire most in American politics.

Plus, he's already got a campaign machine in place and a decent chance to win if he can get the word out in time.

If I were an Illinois resident, I'd be working at getting Keyes on the ballot and getting him elected - the Senate and House seats at stake in this election are as important as the Presidential race.

If conservatives could only pick up a few seats in each, the President could get some real cooperation and maybe finally manage to get through some decent SCOTUS candidates to balance the former counsel of the ACLU!

What an opportunity you have there - to be able to jump in and work on a campaign that could have such an impact! Lucky you! Smile
RNO
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is no more a carpter bagger than Hillery Clinton is..I would vote for him in a second and was disappointed that he was not given a position in the Bush Administration..Obama received quite a bit of Money from George Soros...We need more individuals like Keye running..
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have as much right to run for office as the next person does. But, something to consider if you do. Would your candidacy draw votes away from a Conservative like Keyes and give the office to Obama?

I find Keyes a worthy choice, but I don't live in Illinois.

For me, I don't wish to see Democrats regain control of any part of the government. Sometimes, it's the bigger picture we need to look at.

Good luck on your choice.
Spiess
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alan Keyes is infact one of the best speakers I have heard, I did someresearch on him during the republican primary in 2000 and it appeared to me that he was the type of guy who did what he said and said what he did. I think he was the Educational advisor for Reagan and did a good job.

http://www.keyesforsenate.com/

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/archives.asp?AUTHOR_ID=34

http://www.mediatransparency.org/people/keyes.htm

There are those who say He paid himself out of the Campaign funds during the 2000 primary, I dont know about that there were no charges or investigations.

The NAACP hates him.
DanVCC
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 5:50 pm    Post subject: Alan Keyes Reply with quote

A few decades ago I worked for Alan Keyes in his effort to be recognized as a viable candidate for office here in Maryland and found him to be honest, forthright, outspoken and willing to listen. He was trashed here because he was a Black conservative Republican and the news media published nothing but trash about him. I am sorry he is leaving Maryland.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: