SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Foleygate/Nancy Pelosi Connection?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:52 pm    Post subject: Foleygate/Nancy Pelosi Connection? Reply with quote

(Content deleted by Admin/me#1)

Admin note: It has been brought to our attention that an individual named in this post as, perhaps, being instrumental in the leak of information relating to the "Foleygate" matter has been fully exonerated.

In fairness to that named individual, all references to his alleged involvement have been removed from this topic./me#1

“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once again I think it is important to remind ourselves that this mess, as brought to us by the Democrats and their MSM cohorts (see the Bill Clinton article elsewhere) is really a two-parter. The first part involves Mark Foley, himself, whereas the second part implicates, at a minimum, the Republican leadership, if not every Republican (as Pelosi would have you believe). The Foley part is for all practical purposes over. IMHO - and I'm becoming more and more sure of this as it develops - in the central strategy of the MSM and Democrats, this isn't about Foley; it's about attempting to wreck the careers of as many Republicans as they can implicate (with Hastert being their minimum sacrifice target). The discerning and politically astute reader will see that the MSM and dirty-tricks squad of the left have been tuning and refining this ambush tactic for some time; elements can have been observed in some of sKerry's fight-back tactics in the last election, in the Plamegate fiasco, and in the Tom Delay affair (and I'm sure others that I can't recall on the spot). I've no doubt that, if they are successful this time, they will have perfected the ambush enough to figuratively apply for a patent on it.

But the bloghounds are slowly getting over the initial inertia they experienced when this first broke. The blog "Ace of Spades" this morning has some interesting details that have been unearthed about where some of this came from that complements Shawa's post which is worth reading.

And as an added revelation, recall that Foley's aide (and later Tom Reynold's aide), Fordham, was reported by the MSM to have said that he told Hastert's office three years ago that there were problems with Foley. That of course seemed to be very damning as it was meant to be by MSM. One of the commenters at Ace of Spades found this quote from Fordham made on the morning he resigned and quoted in the LA Times from AP:

Quote:
"I was still pretty shellshocked myself," Fordham told AP. "This was someone I had worked for for 10 years. I had no inkling that this kind of blatantly reckless — just obscene — behavior was going on behind our backs."

So how does that quote square with him supposedly telling Hastert 3 years ago that he should be investigating Foley? In other words, which quote is correct, and when did he start/finish telling less than the truth? The point of this revelation is to - once again - don't believe everything you hear from agenda-driven sources.
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know Anker, the bloggers are the only counter to the MSM/Democrat lies that are fed to the public. It's always the blogosphere that has the saavy to deconstruct what looks fishy. Dan Rather's hit piece TANG memos. The Swiftees on all of Kerry's whoppers. Now, the public believes the lies that Republican leadership is responsible for a pervert preying on the "children".
But Passionate American tracked down the identity if Jordon Edmund and exposed the "prank" IMs. And, Ace, Little Green Footballs, and JOM are tracking down how the Dems got the Foley IM's and used them to smear the Republicans.
But the only way it gets out to the public is when the MSM is FORCED to acknowledge it. Drudge is the one channel that the MSM can't ignore. If Drudge runs it especially with "the siren flashing" the MSM knows they can't keep it hidden.

Clarice Feldman (one of the gang at Just One Minute) published this today

http://americanthinker.com/comments.php?comments_id=6289

Then she added this addendum:
http://americanthinker.com/comments.php?comments_id=6298

She thinks American Thinker is sending it on to Drudge. We'll see what he tracks down on it. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Rush says The American Thinker is his favorite read every day. So I hope he picks it up too.
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shawa, yeah, I noticed lately that Clarice is becoming something of a "heavy-weight" (meant in the admiring way) in the blogosphere. Things are breaking so fast in so many places on this story, I've not been able to keep up with you and her.

Wasn't it just yesterday that Pelosi wanted to take sworn statements from Republicans, but was unwilling to do the same? Maybe, just maybe, we now have a clue why....
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who do you imagine will be first to press with a FoleyGate book?
There's probably big money in it for someone with fast fingers and a vivid imagination.
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This scandal is turning out to have so many hidden agendas it's very hard to keep up with them. Buffalo, when all the cards are finally out on the table, it will make a multi-volume set of books to cover it all.

For example, if you've not been following this closely, a sub-plot of the mess is a bunch of liberal activist gays who are bound-and-determined to punish Republican gays for their party affiliation - or, in short, we have a Gay Jihad exposed right there in the halls of Congress. These are the people - apparently - who instigated the leaking of this story to ABC. Can it get any more sordid than that?

Remember the name "David Corn"? Of Plamegate fame? Read for yourself:

http://www.davidcorn.com/archives/2006/10/from_a_list_to.php
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is all such a set up job long in the planning! All linking back to Democrats.
Melanie Sloan, the head of C.R.E.W. the Soros backed group that claims the FBI wouldn't investigate the emails they turned over, used to work at different times for three Democrats John Conyers, Joe Biden, and Chuck Schumer. Three sleazies.

AJ Strata is pointing out all the suspicious inconsistencies in those emails which C.R.E.W. has finally put up on their website. Check out the comments. Rep. Rodney Alexander, the page's Congressman was a Democrat but switched to Republican just before the filing deadline in 2004,--enraging Dems.
And a lot of his staff quit and went to work for --guess who--Nancy Pelosi. ABC claims they got the emails from a Congressional staffer. Hmmm. One of Alexander's staff that went to work for Pelosi?? Connections, connections.
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of C.R.E.W., they apparently feel they have done their patriotic duty and have moved on to greater things. Just two days ago, on 4 Oct, they sent a Freedom of Information Act request to the United States Secret Service demanding:

Quote:
This request is for all records relating to any visit that any and all of the following individuals made to the White House or the residence of the Vice President from January 1, 2001 to the present. As used herein, the term "White House" includes, but is not limited to, any office within the Executive Office of the President, the residence of the President, the Old and New Executive Office Buildings, and any other office or space on the grounds of the White House. Specifically, we seek any record of visits to the White House or the Vice President's residence by the following individuals:

James Dobson
Gary L. Bauer
Wendy Wright
Louis P. Sheldon
Andrea Lafferty
Paul Weyrich
Tony Perkins
Donald Wildmon
Jerry Falwell

The FOIA then exhibits C.R.E.W.'s gall by pleading for exemption from the usual fee for submitting a FOIA, apparently feeling that a great service to the country will be rendered from this disclosure, stating:

Quote:
Specifically, the requested records are likely to contribute to the public's understanding of the influence that conservative Christian leaders have, or attempt to have, on the President in the exercise of his authority.

I guess they are trying to impress their sugar daddy, Soros, that they are endeavoring to run a cost-effective operation. Rolling Eyes

The full FOIA, complete with all the lawyerly yack, can be found Here (It's a PDF)

Schadow
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By having the audacity to request that the fees be waiver they are basically saying they think they are better than the rest of the population. We can only hope that all this gets them is an application returned with DENIED stamped on it.
But then they're liberals, and they'll probably have liberals processing the application.
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BuffaloJack wrote:
..... But then they're liberals, and they'll probably have liberals processing the application.

The FOIA demand was sent by CREW to the "Freedom of Information and Privacy Rights Branch" of the Secret Service. One would hope that such an organization would not be populated by too many Libs. But then, it is civil service (I think).

I apologize for highjacking this thread but after I had written about CREW's action, I went downstairs and watched a History Channel piece on Hitler and the 1934 "Night of the Long Knives" in which the paranoid Hitler compiled a list of all those in the then-new Nazi Party whom he felt were enemies and dispatched killers to take them out with extreme prejudice. Actually, it took about two nights, but Hitler and his buds sat around and listened with glee to the reports of the murders coming in.

A certain chill came over me comparing this action to what CREW is up to. Hopefully unjustified but chilling just the same.

Schadow
streetsweeper95B
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schadow wrote:
A certain chill came over me comparing this action to what CREW is up to. Hopefully unjustified but chilling just the same. Schadow

Capt'n? History being repeated? That is how I percieve your post, except the liberals are out for political blood. Same effect. Correct sir?

The Washington Post has an article today on Foley, Florida Victim Advocates and Catholic Arch Diocese urging him to *out* whomever it was that molested him as a boy......hmmmm.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/10/06/AR2006100600937.html

Here's a blogger's thoughts on it too: http://pessimistplace.blugginout.com/2006/10/07/foley-better-hope-the-pope-goes-further/

Another at the Wa Post on CREW is here:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/10/06/AR2006100600937.html

*whistling* and a pushing muh broom...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: