SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry vows tougher stance on group that questioned service
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:49 am    Post subject: Kerry vows tougher stance on group that questioned service Reply with quote

Quote:
Kerry vows tougher stance on group that questioned war service
By Mike Glover, AP Political Writer | October 8, 2006

DES MOINES, Iowa --Massachusetts Sen. John Kerry lashed out Sunday against a group that bashed him during his last run at the White House.

Kerry, who made a weekend appearance in northwest Iowa, said he is concerned that Swift Boat Veterans for Truth is again resorting to "the politics of fear and smear."

The group, financed by Texas conservatives, ran commercials questioning his record of being a decorated Vietnam veteran -- the centerpiece of his presidential campaign in 2004.

"We're not going to give them an ounce of daylight," said Kerry, who is considering another run at the Democratic presidential nomination in 2008.

The senator said his response to the commercials was not strong enough.

"We thought the fact that the truth was out there was enough," he said. "Clearly it wasn't."

Those same conservatives have formed another group this year -- Economic Freedom Fund -- and are attacking Democrats across the country. Part of the campaign includes $500,000 to bash Rep. Leonard Boswell, D-Iowa, who is seeking re-election in the 3rd District in central Iowa.

Boswell is being challenged by state Republican Senate President Jeff Lamberti of Ankeny in a race that has included significant cash from both parties.

Boswell retired after 20 years in the Army, including two tours in Vietnam as a helicopter pilot. But the conservative group has chosen to focus on issues ranging from higher taxes to immigration. Part of the group's money is also funding an automated telephone campaign against Boswell.

Kerry said his experience in Iowa has taught him that the group's message won't sway voters.

"I know enough about Iowa citizens, Republicans and Democrats alike, to know that they value their independence," said Kerry, who scored a surprise victory in the Iowa caucus in January 2004. "I don't think their position is going to be swayed by big Texas money."

Kerry was scheduled to leave Iowa on Sunday after appearing with Sen. Tom Harkin, D-Iowa, and several legislative candidates at a county picnic.

SOURCE
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He doesn't take losing well, does he?
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 3:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Kerry vows tougher stance on group that questioned servi Reply with quote

shawa wrote:
Quote:
.... The senator said his response to the commercials was not strong enough.

"We thought the fact that the truth was out there was enough," he said. "Clearly it wasn't."

The truth WAS out there, John, for all to see.

Schadow
LimaCharlie
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesus said, “[A]nd you will know the truth, and the truth shall set you free. [John 8:32]”

Open all of your military records and we will know the truth, and the truth will set you free John sKerry. Until then, set down and shut up!
Navy wife
Research Director

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hasn't anyone told him that the Swift Boat Vets stood down and not one of them has been involved with a political campaign since 2004? I'm sick of Kerry.
Fort Campbell
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy wife wrote:
Hasn't anyone told him that the Swift Boat Vets stood down and not one of them has been involved with a political campaign since 2004? I'm sick of Kerry.

The Swift Boat Vets may have sttod down but Kerry did not. He is going to run again in the 2008 primaries. This article along with many others is serving notice to the Swift Vets.
baldeagle
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still no need for the Swiftees to stand till after the primaries, and there will probably be no need then. Hilary will beat on him like a drum in the primary race.
"In a word, I want an American character, that the powers of Europe may be convinced we act for ourselves and not for others; this, in my judgment, is the only way to be respected abroad and happy at home." --George Washington
streetsweeper95B
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy wife wrote:

Navy Wife; the NVA & VC used "hit and run" tactics in the RSVN in an effort to draw US forces out & into an ambush with many more NVA & VC waiting there.

Another favorite tactic was to nibble away at the perimeters of the firebases all night long, hoping to wear our troops down so they could over run them with ease at daylight.

The same NVA & VC (not the rank n file soldiers) that Kerry and others aligned themselves with, eagerly taught these tactic's for them to use in the antiwar movement.

It continues to be used to this very day by every anti-something movement on the face of this planet. Hit & run, cut & dried, plain & simple. Betcha the only $5 I got in my pocket, John Kerry is operating that way.

I can smell it coming in the wind. He really does want to draw the Swift Vets & POW's out, re-engage them for just a few minutes then run like hell for cover while his pals hit them with everything they have.
Navy wife
Research Director

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Streetsweeper, I believe you are right.
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Kerry vows tougher stance on group that questioned servi Reply with quote

[quote="shawa"]
Quote:
Kerry vows tougher stance on group that questioned war service
By Mike Glover, AP Political Writer | October 8, 2006

DES MOINES, Iowa --

Those same conservatives have formed another group this year -- Economic Freedom Fund -- and are attacking Democrats across the country. Part of the campaign includes $500,000 to bash Rep. Leonard Boswell, D-Iowa, who is seeking re-election in the 3rd District in central Iowa.

Same conservatives?

We're going to have to add "Footsteps" to Kerry's list of monikers. Wink
streetsweeper95B
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy wife wrote:

My $5 bet stands.
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

streetsweeper95B wrote:
Navy wife wrote:

My $5 bet stands.

streetsweeper95B, I think you are 100% correct. I'll add my $5 to yours to make it $10.
streetsweeper95B
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[/quote]
streetsweeper95B, I think you are 100% correct. I'll add my $5 to yours to make it $10.[/quote]

Anybody else? How 'bout it Me#1??? $10....going up?
Deuce
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Streetsweeper,
clearly that's his 'tactic', but the strategy is late to the party...- Economic Freedom Fund -- is (from what I understand) just the RNC aligned 527 answer to the DNC aligned MoveOn.org. and it's about time the Pubs started putting the kabosh on the fantasy world the DUmmies live in! so in this case sKerry was just hogging camera time (what else is new!)...and attempting to 'swiftboat' (their definition, not ours) the Economic Freedom Fund. (...and I AGREE with you, we'll probably hear his lies over and over again, as he ambushes cameras on the campaign trail). But the only real Ambush will be Hitlery with her FBI Files (bet the last one will be for sKerry, should the need arise!)

I hear sKerry's headed to 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue to kill some birds...where is PETA when you need them!

Deuce

Last edited by Deuce on Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
streetsweeper95B
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:42 am    Post subject: Clarification of what I think Reply with quote

Let me clear this post up just a tad. Earlier in life, I spent hours chasing punks & crews down. In the 'hood there's a saying "Once a punk, always a punk". It applies to Kerry and others as well.

First off, EFF is NOT part of or related to RNC. Chuck that notion out the door. Go read up on them, it's funded by the same man that helped Swift Vet's. Their listed as a California based organization by the way...okie dokie?

Also, MoveOn while assumed to be DNC affliated is not, It's George ( I want to live free like communist and screw people up too)Soros all the way and one of several other efforts he's got going on.

If I am wrong I will post a public apology here.

I'll do some more digging & see what pops up out of the gopher hole just in case on MoveOn.

Part of an earlier statement of mine that didn't make it to posting was that Kerry is gonna nibble away at being POTUS from the sidelines. Sooner or later, he feels confident about it he's gonna get in the Whitehouse. He most likely will make an attempt to quietly undermine anyone the Dem Party nominates.

An earlier thread elsewhere, stated that he don't give up easily nor does he take defeat very well. Again back to the NVA & VC, he will continue to use the tactic's learned from them keeping them in play way off in the distance.

With all these other distractions (Foley, RoNK, ect, ect, ect) going on, Kerry feels that he has an advantage and exploit it very carefully.Just like the punks & crews back in teh 'hood when they seek to extract revenge, he will do his very best to draw the Swift Vets & POW's out in to the open.

If he can accomplish it and he will try real hard, he'll take his cheap shots retreat into the cover of darkness (Like the NVA & VC) then watch gleefully while Soros and every known leftwing, rightwing dingbat crew on the face of this planet go for it.

No, I don't have "inside info", not a crack pot, pundit or anything else. Simply an average every day ordinary joe who can size you up in a heartbeat. It's a natural born instinct I've had all my life, that has served me well so I listen and heed it rather closely.

I feel it, seriously I can feel it. He's been outted, wants his revenge to clear his "good name" and has plan's B,C, & D. There's just far too much background in motion for me to think otherwise.

garryowen!

Last edited by streetsweeper95B on Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:55 pm; edited 4 times in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: