SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mrs. Bush is sixty years young today

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:56 pm    Post subject: Mrs. Bush is sixty years young today Reply with quote

A fitting tribute to our beautiful First Lady from AcademicElephant at RedState:
Quote:
Mrs. Bush is sixty years young today
By AcademicElephant

I saw Laura Bush in person for the first time six years ago today in at a late-afternoon rally. We were all tired from working on the campaign, but we were eager to see the candidate and his wife so we painted up a bunch of signs and turned out. As we waited for them to arrive, the crowd was told that it was Mrs. Bush's birthday, and when she appeared we all broke into a chorus of "Happy Birthday." Even though the moment could hardly have come as a surprise, she seemed a little taken aback by the focus on her. Grabbing the limelight from her husband has never been her way; perhaps because she is so secure in his private attention, she doesn't need to court public adulation.

Over the past six years we have come to know her as the calm center of their family's--indeed of our country's--hectic life, and as far as I can tell, she has never set a foot wrong. She has consistently come across as thoughtful without being dogmatic, serious without being dull, independent without being disloyal and lovely without being vain. It's not an easy balance to strike, but Mrs. Bush makes it look effortless.

I remember at that campaign event Mrs. Bush said all she wanted for her birthday was a victory in the fast-approaching election. I expect she would say something similar today, so why don't we all pitch in and get this most ladylike of First Ladies exactly what she wants this year? After all, victory is always the right size and always the right color...

“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
Curtis H.
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy Birthday Laura Bush.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: