SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

media influence vs. swiftboating

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tobette
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:45 pm    Post subject: media influence vs. swiftboating Reply with quote

I truly believe it's essential that matters need to be taken into the hands of all who love this country and the hard won freedom we are so fortunate to enjoy. It's time for a plan to begin another collection of money from the Americans and her allies who understand the war on terror and it's importance in preserving and promoting democracy around the world, to fund the production of commercials and documentaries etc. depicting the positive impact the war on terror in Iraq is making. Since the media won't cover the progress of the war honestly, we the people need to realize money talks and invest it in media coverage. It's one thing to be so biased in their coverage of general politics and policies but when a country is at war and American journalist inject personal views and agenda into their reporting of it's progress, it's abhorable. I used the slang word abhorable because the media's anti-American slant and unfair coverage warrants an adjective worse than one I could find.
The intelligent, brave fighting women and men need to be showcased like the stars that they are. For their service to our country the stories of the great heroes of past wars should be broadcast often in the main stream media not just Fox, to educate those who obviously haven't a clue. What is wrong with a society who idolizes sports figures, movie stars and money over freedom fighters?
It's also fair to introduce the true characters of the new majority and it's appointees to their inadvertant voters who haven't a clue who they even are, much less their pasts.
Give TV viewers something healthy, educational, and entertaining from the heroic Iraqis and the soldiers who are helping them, instead of the garbage called reality tv and sitcoms I see broadcast at primetime, nightly on my TV.

From a 1984 military thesis statement:
From the perspective of the U.S.Military, television coverage of the Vietnam War had a
detrimental impact on the conduct of that war; policies on television coverage of future conflicts should be revised so
as to not repeat past mistakes. "......it became readily apparent that the American defense of South Vietnam was brought to its unhappy conclusion not by a failure of American arms, but rather by a failure of American will. Former President Nixon said it this way: The War in Vietnam was not lost on the battlefields of Vietnam. It was lost in the halls of Congress ... in the editorial rooms of great
newspapers ... and in the classrooms of great universities." http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/library/report/1984/HCD.htm

It's not only fair but also exceedingly important, for the world to see the honest-to-God truth.

In case you forgot, that's called swiftboating.
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, as it is it's 3 1/2 networks against 1/2 of one...
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
GenrXr

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:54 pm    Post subject: Re: media influence vs. swiftboating Reply with quote

Tobette wrote:
I truly believe it's essential that matters need to be taken into the hands of all who love this country and the hard won freedom we are so fortunate to enjoy. It's time for a plan to begin another collection of money from the Americans and her allies who understand the war on terror and it's importance in preserving and promoting democracy around the world, to fund the production of commercials and documentaries etc. depicting the positive impact the war on terror in Iraq is making. Since the media won't cover the progress of the war honestly, we the people need to realize money talks and invest it in media coverage. It's one thing to be so biased in their coverage of general politics and policies but when a country is at war and American journalist inject personal views and agenda into their reporting of it's progress, it's abhorable. I used the slang word abhorable because the media's anti-American slant and unfair coverage warrants an adjective worse than one I could find.
The intelligent, brave fighting women and men need to be showcased like the stars that they are. For their service to our country the stories of the great heroes of past wars should be broadcast often in the main stream media not just Fox, to educate those who obviously haven't a clue. What is wrong with a society who idolizes sports figures, movie stars and money over freedom fighters?
It's also fair to introduce the true characters of the new majority and it's appointees to their inadvertant voters who haven't a clue who they even are, much less their pasts.
Give TV viewers something healthy, educational, and entertaining from the heroic Iraqis and the soldiers who are helping them, instead of the garbage called reality tv and sitcoms I see broadcast at primetime, nightly on my TV.

From a 1984 military thesis statement:
From the perspective of the U.S.Military, television coverage of the Vietnam War had a
detrimental impact on the conduct of that war; policies on television coverage of future conflicts should be revised so
as to not repeat past mistakes. "......it became readily apparent that the American defense of South Vietnam was brought to its unhappy conclusion not by a failure of American arms, but rather by a failure of American will. Former President Nixon said it this way: The War in Vietnam was not lost on the battlefields of Vietnam. It was lost in the halls of Congress ... in the editorial rooms of great
newspapers ... and in the classrooms of great universities." http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/library/report/1984/HCD.htm

It's not only fair but also exceedingly important, for the world to see the honest-to-God truth.

In case you forgot, that's called swiftboating.

Good point Tobette.

Related but different...

Personally, I stopped watching all sports many years ago and always point out to people in discussions the loss of chivalry and need for a return to Romanticism. A few weeks ago the subject of Halliburton came up while having a conversation with a young leftist married couple. They could barely contain their hatred for this company and leveled many ridiculous charges against it. The woman was very attractive and I decided a new approach on appealing to her emotional state as opposed to logic. Rather than a company full of evil people doing evil things, I explained to the couple Halliburton’s employees have left the castle and the safety of a drawbridge and moat to squire for the knights in a far away land. While they work in this distant land we are safe and snug in our beds at home with no worries and plenty of time to question what we have no understanding of. We pine for chivalry and nobility from within and without it become frustrated and angry at ourselves for not doing more. We thus lash out at our knights and their squires for doing that which we do not?

It worked.

The woman no longer views Halliburton and its people as evil.
BuffaloJack

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see that this afternoon Rush now states that "swiftboating" is going after someone by telling the truth about them.
Thank you Mr. Limbaugh.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: