SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Final Nail?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:05 am    Post subject: The Final Nail? Reply with quote

Wow! Et tu Teddy? Goodbye Johnny...

Quote:
Kennedy rethinks support for a Kerry presidential run in '08
By Rick Klein, Globe Staff | December 11, 2006

WASHINGTON --Senator Edward M. Kennedy Monday dropped his public commitment to support Senator John F. Kerry in a 2008 presidential race, saying that he won't wait "indefinitely" for Kerry to declare his intentions while the Democratic primary field takes shape.

Kennedy said he doesn't currently plan to endorse another candidate and still might support Kerry if Kerry decides to run. But in an hourlong interview with the Globe's Washington bureau, Kennedy offered strong praise for two of Kerry's possible presidential rivals: senators Barack Obama of Illinois and Hillary Rodham Clinton of New York, calling them "formidable figures" who are connecting with rank-and-file Democrats.

Kennedy said his oft-stated commitment to support Kerry again was based on the assumption that Kerry would state his intentions by early 2007. Since Kerry pushed back his decision in the wake of following an election-eve "botched joke" that damaged his public standing, however, Kennedy said he has informed Kerry that he may get behind another Democrat for president.

"I was under more of the impression before that he was going to run and was waiting in time [to declare his candidacy], but now he's deferred that decision," Kennedy said. "I have no plans of supporting anyone else at this juncture. I'm also not going to just wait indefinitely until he's made a judgment or a decision."

Later in the day, Kennedy's office issued a statement clarifying that Kennedy will support Kerry if he declares his presidential candidacy "in the near term," though Kennedy aides declined to define that schedule.

Kennedy's comments mark the first public fissure between the two Massachusetts Democrats on the issue of Kerry's presidential aspirations.

Boston Globe - cont'd
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Johnny Boy. How low can you get to not be supported by a drunk?
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kennedy knows a sinking Oldsmobile when he sees one.

-- FDL
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMHO, too much reading between the lines, and wishful thinking, has been done with this press announcement. Kennedy has his own narcissist tendencies and he probably feels the need to get quality face time with one of the announced candidates. He might even be feeling the need to begin work to scuttle the candidacy of one or more of the announced "leaders" by entering the fray (which he can't do if he's perceived to be holding out for sKerry). (Could this be Hillary?)

But make no mistake about it, he has left the door wide open to return his support of sKerry if and when he ever announces:

Quote:
Later in the day, Kennedy's office issued a statement clarifying that Kennedy will support Kerry if he declares his presidential candidacy "in the near term,"...
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL @ FDL's comment

I think Anker-Klanker may be on to something tho, this could be a feint. The Senator from Chappaquidick would, in the end, support the Senator from Cambodia.

Will be interesting to watch how the Kennedy machine vs the Clinton machine plays out
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kate wrote:
Will be interesting to watch how the Kennedy machine vs the Clinton machine plays out

Clinton machine in a walk
Deuce
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep,
The Clintonista Shadow Party (CPUSA) never left the scene, while their pawns, the media, talked the 'average' Republican voter [rube] into staying home on election day. How seemingly intelligent people can get conned by our 'Media', who on outward appearances is transparent in their support of our Marxist friends, continues to defy logic.

Kennedy's drunken friends and sKerry's VVAW friends are just a couple more of their pawns (I know kennedy v. klinton is a message that just keeps on giving, but they vote the same way, so it's just a little blue smoke here and mirrors there as far as voters go)...I guess I go with Tom Delay's vote...Americans are gonna get clinton unless they wake up! The Democrats didn't 'win' the last election, FBI Filegate did!

Deuce
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: