SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

General Franks on Kerry
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You Bic? wrote:

Here is Kerry in his own words slimeing the Vietnam Vet by calling him a murderer!

And the DNC and campaign lawyers, in their threatening letters to TV stations regarding censorship of the SwiftVets ad, agree with Kerry's Congressional testimony about the criminality of Vietnam soldiers.

FDL
askmrbill
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 1:02 am    Post subject: Can any of us really "handle the truth"? Reply with quote

Grampa,

[b]edited by Moderator

This is about if John F. Kerry is or isn't qualified to be the next President and CIC of the United States of America! Keep to the topic![/b]

Moderator.

This topic is General Franks on Kerry" and my comments were in response to Grampa's comments, which had nothing to do with Kerry being qualified to be President.

I've removed my posting since you completely changed the context of my "fair and balanced" message. So much for free speech.

USAF-(E5)
1968-1972

Last edited by askmrbill on Sun Aug 08, 2004 1:34 am; edited 1 time in total
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrBill, I take exception to your final paragraph. Under the current adminstration, spending for veterans has increased more than during the entire previous adminstration, in much less time.

If you are really worried about tomorrows veterans, the ones fighting right now, look at who voted time after time to deny them the weaponry they need to win the fight and also who voted for the 87 billion dollars to support them, before he voted against it.

Then ask yourself, why was it that a previous candidate from the exact same party did his level best to block absentee military ballots at a time he was calling for it to be essential that ALL votes be counted.

To me, the answer is obvious, you form your own conclusions.
KeithNolan
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, of course, General Franks is probably going to vote for Bush. As a career military officer, I can only assume that Franks is relatively conservative. I assume he's a Republican.

The point was that General Franks very decidedly would not condemn Kerry for Kerry's having spoken out about war crimes in Vietnam.

Incidentally, General Franks gave an interview in this week's issue of TIME Magazine in which he made reference to Kerry having a "good military record."

Let's boil it down: General Franks thinks that Kerry served honorably in the military, and generally agrees with Kerry that war crimes were a problem in Vietnam.

That Franks ain't gonna vote for a Massachusetts liberal is really beside the point.

Thanks,
KWN
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keith, that Gen. Franks won't outright condemn Kerry's actions is his business. He has his reasons why and we can respect that.

Just being a career military Officer does not automatically make one a Republican or Conservative, look at Wesley Clark, for that.

Still, smaller comments were made indicating lack of leadership, including Kerry's name. To the discerning mind, that says a lot, whether he outright condemns earlier actions or not.
Scott
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KeithNolan wrote:
Incidentally, General Franks gave an interview in this week's issue of TIME Magazine in which he made reference to Kerry having a "good military record."

Keith, given your knowledge of the military as a historian, what's the difference between a military officer saying "[a] good military record" and "an outstanding military record" or "a superior military record"?

Wouldn't "hero" status, given a Silver Star for valor, a Bronze Star for valor and three purple hearts merit one of the latter?

Is it possible that Gen. Franks was "damning with faint praise?"
KeithNolan
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott, I think you're splitting hairs. Why would General Franks---a personal friend of the Bushes---go out of his way to praise Kerry for having an "outstanding" military record.

I'm just amazed that Franks has anything good at all to say about Kerry's military service, and that he pointedly refused to condemn Kerry and the VVAW for bringing up the issue of war crimes in 1971.

Oh, as long as we're discussing general officers and the VVAW, it's worth noting that General David M. Shoup, USMC (Ret), who earned the Medal of Honor in WWII, offered his public support of Kerry and the VVAW. Incidentally, Shoup offered this public support AFTER the Winter Soldier investigation in Detroit which was supposedly a forum packed with phonies telling lies.

It appears that General Shoup saw the members of the VVAW for what they were: genuine combat veterans who had turned against a screwed-up, mismanaged war that was getting a lot of people killed to no good end.

I'm amazed that these issues seem so black-and-white to you guys.

Talk to ya later,
KWN
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KeithNolan wrote:

I'm amazed that these issues seem so black-and-white to you guys.

And that is why you are going with the highly "nuanced" John Kerry.

He's not nuanced to us. There's nothing subtle about what he really is.

There are no questions about what he's done.

Black and white? Hell yes, it's black and white! Anyone with the ability to read and reason can see through his nuanced a**.

I don't blame civilians for falling for that "highly decorated war hero" crap because that's what the media has spoon-fed them since he won the Iowa caucus.

I will NEVER understand how a veteran could know the real deal about this charlatan and still support him.

And you know what? Not one has ever been able to support their candidate on the issues. None of them can say, "I support Kerry because he's so solid on defense," or "education," or "the economy."

It's because he's an empty suit - he's whatever his managers want him to project on any given day.

He fooled some people with his silly hat tricks at the DNC Convention. But he didn't fool the people who've done any research into his history.
loosecannon
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too find it hard to believe that any vet would dismiss the claims of 250 men as lies and accept the word of less than a dozen, both, who were actually there (isn't that the litmus test according to the DNC?)
I am not talking about the liberal or the liberal leaders actually giving John Kerry his walking papers, but certainly there are provable fact on which we can determine if he lied or not. For instance the "Christmas Day incident" Or perhaps the "secret convoy" into Cambodia" He couldn't have gone alone....Has anyone sworn to those facts?
I am asking for an investigation.... I would like to see if 250 men are lying or are the half dozen crewmembers? In fact are there sworn statements from Kerrys crew?
It appears the newspapers are buring the story... The White House can not get into it because GW has chosen the high road and will not comment on Kerrys questionable service. Why not a lawsuit for the slander of these fine men by any number of people? How about a national letter of protest.

What is the scuttlebutt on why Kerry went back to the US? I had assumed it was the three and out ploy. but keep hearing he was "sent" home.
KeithNolan
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TO NAVY-NAVY-NAVY: You truly believe the Vietnam War was a black-and-white issue? You truly believe that the subject of war crimes in Vietnam was equally black-and-white?

I'm listening. Please tell me why General Shoup was wrong to support John Kerry and the VVAW. Please give me your take on General Westmoreland's search-and-destroy strategy in Vietnam. Please give me your take on Cam Ne, My Lai, My Khe, Son Thang, Task Force Barker, the Tiger Force, etc., etc., etc.

I'm not being rude here or trying to pick a fight. I honestly would like to know how you can study something like the Vietnam War (which strikes me as a horrible tragedy, the tactics and conduct of which bitterly divided many good men) and come to the conclusion that the issues involved were black and white.

I know you don't like John Kerry's politics, and you think his war record a bunch of exaggerated nonsense---but to attack Kerry, this site also has to attack the VVAW and everyone else who opposed the Vietnam War. I keep hearing that the VVAW was stuffed full of phonies who spouted lies. Who were the phonies? What were they lying about? What war crimes did the VVAW describe that have not shown up in the court-martial record of the war or in memoirs written by Vietnam veterans like Phil Caputo and W.D. Ehrhart?

Again, these are honest questions that go the heart of the SBVFT philosophy, and I await an honest reply.

KWN
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually Mr. Nolan...I did listen to Sean Hannity with General Tommy Franks and General Franks said he is not a republican...He is not a demoncrat...he is a independent! So you were wrong in the regard to General Franks...would not commit either way until Sean Hannity pressed him on the issue before he said he was "leaning toward President Bush".
low26
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes ,If they look in Syria they will find Iraq's WMD along with many Bathe regime officials and scientists.But since the United Ninnies (U.N.)made Syria a member of the security council Rolling Eyes you will never find out until it is to late.
You GottaBeKidding
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keith,

This site exists because John Kerry is running for president. It's not about any of the other red herrings you keep bringing up.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KeithNolan wrote:
TO NAVY-NAVY-NAVY: You truly believe the Vietnam War was a black-and-white issue? You truly believe that the subject of war crimes in Vietnam was equally black-and-white?

I believe that the issue of who John Kerry REALLY is and what John Kerry has REALLY done to be very black and white.

And THAT is what is most important, here.

I have a son serving - no way do I want to give John F'n Kerry the chance to screw with him the way he screwed with his own generation of soldiers.

He's already betrayed this generation of Armed Forces. I'm damned if I do not do everything in my power to ensure that he is not in a position to screw them over any more than he already has.

Our Vietnam vets have got 30+ years of backup coming to them.

And our younger brothers and sisters in arms deserve nothing less.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You GottaBeKidding wrote:
This site exists because John Kerry is running for president. It's not about any of the other red herrings you keep bringing up.

There ya go, Mr. Nolan.

If a newbie can spot distractive points so quickly, you should realize that those of us who have been around since the board began were on to you a long time ago.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: