SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NY Times calls Kerry a pariah

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:34 pm    Post subject: NY Times calls Kerry a pariah Reply with quote

Cox and Forkum did it the other day. Now, Rush is saying the Times makes the same observation. I can't find the story. It's nice as far as it goes. I doubt though that the Times is observing the repugnant critter that Kerry is. They're disgruntled that his gaffes get the Bush Derangement Syndrome off message.

-Wlm Shakespeare
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

here is the Time's blurb
NYT
Quote:
February 5, 2007
A Presidential Also-Ran, Kerry Adjusts to What Passes for a Normal Life in the Senate
By MARK LEIBOVICH

WASHINGTON, Feb. 4 — Senator John Kerry keeps to himself around the Capitol. He is always rushing somewhere, head down, disappearing into elevators. A Senate loner for 22 years, Mr. Kerry seems all the more isolated now as he darts past the media hordes around the next set of presidential seekers, colleagues that include Hillary Rodham Clinton, John McCain and Barack Obama.

Even in the best of times, Mr. Kerry’s face hung droopy and funereal, one of the most weary in American politics. Today, Mr. Kerry, the Massachusetts Democrat who was the exit poll president-elect for a few hours in November 2004, endures the peculiar pariah status that his party reserves for its losing nominees.

“America does not tolerate losing, even though it’s through losing that we learn the most,” said David Thorne, the twin brother of Mr. Kerry’s late first wife, Julia Thorne, and his closest friend. “People want fresh faces. Or they think they do.”

As the 2008 campaign begins in earnest, Mr. Kerry has been forced to adapt to something resembling a normal Senate life. This has been no small challenge for a man whose identity has long been steeped in becoming president, or trying to.

Last week, days after he announced he would not run again, Mr. Kerry said there was no point to dwelling on what might have been. “You know, that’s such a waste of time right now,” he said in a Capitol hallway interview. “I came close, but so what? I didn’t make it, so move on. Just go forward. There’s no sense going backwards.”

Mr. Kerry ratified his status as Dead Candidate Walking in an emotional speech on the Senate floor two weeks ago. “We came close, certainly close enough to be tempted to try again,” Mr. Kerry said, referring to his 2004 campaign.

more......

Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without comment:

Schadow
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: