SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Swift Boat Veteran says Kerry should not be in the Senate

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:08 pm    Post subject: Swift Boat Veteran says Kerry should not be in the Senate Reply with quote

From several sources, it's good to see a respose from John O'Neill...

Quote:
Swift Boat Veteran says Kerry should not be in the Senate
Chad Groening
OneNewsNow.com
March 30, 2007

John O'Neill, a U.S. Navy veteran and co-founder of the group Swift Boat Veterans for Truth, is denouncing Senator John Kerry for "blackballing" a Bush nominee who contributed to the veterans organization. O'Neill says it is ironic that a "serial slanderer" of American troops should be claiming he was somehow defamed by the Swift Boat Veterans.

Hear This Report

President George W. Bush recently withdrew the nomination of St. Louis businessman Sam Fox to be the next U.S. ambassador to Belgium. During the 2004 presidential campaign, Fox had donated $50,000 to Swift Boat Veterans for Truth, a group that opposed then Democratic presidential nominee Senator John Kerry.

Kerry, a member of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, took issue with Fox's nomination and grilled him about why he gave money to a group that was "smearing and spreading lies." But O'Neill finds this characterization ironic coming from someone who, the veteran contends, "clearly shouldn't be in the United States Senate."

It is ironic, O'Neill asserts, "to have this serial slanderer of American troops claiming that he in some way was defamed." And now, the veteran-activist notes, he wonders if Kerry intends to blackball everyone else who gave money to the Swift Boat vets.

"We received 8,000 contributions from active duty military personnel, currently in Iraq and currently on active duty, actually fighting the war as opposed to trying to cut and run from it, like John Kerry," the Navy veteran points out. "I suppose [those contributors are] not able to serve our country anymore either," he says.

What the Democratic senator did to Fox was "the typical cowardly sort of conduct that Kerry has been known for .... blackballing somebody simply because he happened to give money to us," O'Neill says. "If he's going to blackball Mr. Fox, how about the seven or eight thousand people on active duty that actually gave us money? How about the 155,000 other people who gave money to our organization? Is he going to blackball them, too?"

The former presidential candidate's ultimate problem is that, "in the end, the truth all comes out," O'Neill says, "and I think the country generally knows the truth now about John Kerry." The Swift Boat Veterans co-founder says he is thankful Senator Kerry did not become president of the United States.

OneNewsNow

also GOPUSA
Blue Sky
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for this post. It is so encouraging to me to know that the Swiftboaters are still on board and keeping up their good work. Unfortunately many in the media have made 'Swiftboating" a negative word. "Forgive them for they know not what they are doing."

Thanks to all of you.
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"serial slanderer"
worth repeating

and Blue Sky - welcome to the forum Wink
Fort Campbell
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kerry has to be monitored constantly as long as he is in the Senate. he will do anything to cause trouble. Unfortunately, in this instance President Bush caved. Rolling Eyes
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since Fox got withdrawn, I would have no objection to making Kerry the ambassador to either France or Belgium. It would take him out of the Senate where he is an annoyance and put him where he likes it (some place other than US soil). I can't think of a more dead end position than Ambassador to Belgium.
AMOS
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Belgium may be out as I seem to recall General Patton is buried there. Can't do that to one of our best ever. How 'bout Holland?
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AMOS wrote:
Belgium may be out as I seem to recall General Patton is buried there. Can't do that to one of our best ever. How 'bout Holland?

How about Somalia? Twisted Evil
streetsweeper95B
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zinfella wrote:
AMOS wrote:

How about Somalia? Twisted Evil
HEHEHE! I like it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: