SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry reopens door to possible presidential run

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:05 am    Post subject: Kerry reopens door to possible presidential run Reply with quote

No definite announcement, but KUSA Ch 9 Denver quotes, "answering a question from a viewer on the program YOUR SHOW about why he chose not to run, Kerry said he had decided it wasn't the right time."

"Could that change?" Kerry said. "It might. It may change over years. It may change over months. I can't tell you, but I've said very clearly I don't consider myself out of it forever."
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:51 am    Post subject: Re: Kerry reopens door to possible presidential run Reply with quote

LewWaters wrote:
I can't tell you, but I've said very clearly I don't consider myself out of it forever."

Unfortunately for him, his party does.
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geez, Johnny Boy, haven't you had enough. When are you gona learn. You can't beat a bunch of determined, old-fart veterans on a mission, Especially ones who know you for who and what you are.
Wing Wiper
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swiftboat Vets and POWs for Truth and VVLF members reopen checkbooks and end Kerry's presidential run.

There, that looks more accurate.

We're all still watching you, Hanoi John.

Wink
mtboone
Founder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was talked about on our Swift chat site. Emailed today

Dear Friends:

I could not pass up the opportunity of sharing the below post with you. The message was written by a friend of ours, Pete Webster, who lives in Jacksonville, FL. This message involves Pete and another friend of our's, Mike Bradley. These wonderful guys worked hard to support the Swift Boat Vets and POWs For Truth, as well as for Navy Captain Larry Bailey's group, Kerry Lied.Com.

The event described below took place in Jacksonville, FL..

I hope you enjoy the read.

My best,
Joe
-----------------------------------

Subject: Kerry looked bad

Hi Gang,

Guess what? We just stuck our thumb in John Kerry's eye one more time for good measure. With only a couple hours notice, we mustered a half dozen of us last Friday, the thirteenth, to wait for the arrival of John and Theresa Kerry at the Barnes and Noble book store in Southside where he was scheduled for a book signing. It was an unlucky day for the Poodle. By the time he arrived, my wife, Patty, was already in the store and the rest of us were set up outside at the entrance of the parking lot with the Kerry Lied banner and Kerry Lied signs wearing our "Mission Accomplished" T-shirts, and waving our Vietnam Veterans Against Kerry signs at the cars passing by on San Jose Blvd. We got a lot of honks and thumbs up signs from the passing motorists, probably better than three hundred supporting folks in two hours we stood there, with only three folks who gave us "the finger." Should have some pix to forward soon. Too bad Mark can't get attachments in Kuwait. Kerry, or Learch, as we like to call him, tried to sneak in another entrance but Patty was waiting with a cell phone and notified us as he came in the store. He knows Jacksonville is not Kerryland, so he had scouts out, knew we were staked out at the regular entrance, so he chose an alternate route. Mike Bradley went in the store with his arms folded over the "mission accomplished" art on his T-shirt until he stepped in between the TV camera
and Kerry, saying "Remember me John? You screwed us in Vietnam, you screwed the POWs and now you're screwing my son in Iraq." Kerry's face went ashen and lengthened four inches as he muttered, "I didn't screw anybody," then tried to shake Mike's hand. Mike stood firm and told him, "Your not fit to shake my hand, John." When asked to leave the store by the management, Mike came back to where the rest of us were. He and I were each interviewed by the TV news crew and we made the six o'clock and ten o'clock news. They cut out most of the interviews, but mentioned how Mike had confronted Kerry in the store. We pissed in his soup once more and Kerry sneaked out of the store and slinked away. He would not come out the exit where we were, but then he was a silver star recipient for valor...right? Hoorah!
Makes me wonder though, what was he really doing in Jacksonville? He was not here for a book sighing, that much I know. Only about twenty folks showed up to have books signed and Barnes and Nobel did not even know for sure when he was coming yesterday, or today. He had some other reason for being here, the book singing was a front to pay for his trip as a "business expense" he could write off against his proceeds from the book. My thinking is that he needed cover to pay for a trip to Jax area for other reasons.
Last month the left wing protesters got their butts kicked, by the Gathering of Eagles, in D.C. and Scott Camill was a major organizer of the anti-war, Code Pink, fiasco. Scott has always been one of Kerry's old Winter Soldier buddies and now lives in Gainesville, the only home base for racial politics and leftist agitators in otherwise conservative area of Florida. My guess is that the book signing was a front to cover the cost of a trip here, so Kerry could meet with Scott, but what do I know? Maybe some of our reporter friends like Jed Babbin can dig out some details on this.
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The traitor, Kerry, is mostly trying desperately to stay relevant...

and failing miserably.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great story Terry...thanks for sharing it.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to see a video of Mike Bradley refusing to shake his hand and the expression on Lurch's face.

Great story, wish I could have been there.
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, the Flop may flip once again. My checkbook is ready and waiting.

Schadow
mtboone
Founder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewWaters wrote:
I'd love to see a video of Mike Bradley refusing to shake his hand and the expression on Lurch's face.

Great story, wish I could have been there.

If they post any pictures I will put them up here or ask someone to help me. Very Happy
AMOS
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a way, I wouldn't mind Old Dumbo trying it again, so we could really zap him a good one. Mebbe he'd "earn" another pne of them purple medals.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AMOS wrote:
In a way, I wouldn't mind Old Dumbo trying it again, so we could really zap him a good one.

IMHO, it wouldn't be necessary for the SVPT to do anything.

With the wealth of information on Kerry already provided by SVPT, any MSM supporters of another candidate for the nomination would have a bonanza of heretofore ignored Kerry-data to "review" further when push came to shove. Try to imagine an MSM exploration of Kerry's past and track record with only 1/10th of the vigor they applied to George Bush.

Kerry knows that...and JK, "Anti-War Hero" would play worse in Peoria than JK, "War Hero" did. He will NOT open THAT pandora's box as he has a senate seat to win in '08.

I think what we're seeing is simply another demonstration of Kerry's vainglory. His ego will wallow in media limelight to the nth degree given the opportunity, but he'll NEVER attain the prize which he lusts after most.

I think he knows that too...and I revel in his angst.
mathman
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kudos to the website powerlineblog.com.
They have posted links to the four ads from the 2004 campaign which have NEVER been rebutted.
It should be required that everyone on this site go back and review what the whole controversy was about.
1) Kerry has never signed an unlimited SF 180. We still do not know how he was discharged from the Navy, nor how many times he was discharged. Only reporters from The Boston Globe have seen a redacted version of his service record.
2) Sam Fox was denied his Ambassadorship because he contributed to the SwiftVets program. The new charge added this year is that Sen Kerry does not believe that freedom of speech should apply to any speech which opposes him.
3) The mysteries concerning the three purple hearts remain unresolved.
4) The mysteries concerning his Silver Star (with V for valor, no less) remain unresolved. Why were there three separate citations?
5) Why Lt. Kerry was never charged, let alone tried, for his manifest failure to bring the atrocities which he witnessed to the attention of higher authorities has never been explained.
6) Why Lt. Kerry was never charged, let alone tried, for his violation of the Logan Act in negotiating with the Vietcong and North Vietnam has never been explained.
I could go on and on and on.
But please go to powerline.
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathman wrote:
.... But please go to powerline.

I'm a regular over there. It's kinda fun since there are some tinfoil-hat libs to debate. A lively thread developed on Kerry and I couldn't help from joining in. Handle: KoreaVet. Post $71 in the thread.

Schadow
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: