SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Congressman Walter "Surrender" Jones and MOAA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dingbat
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:14 pm    Post subject: Congressman Walter "Surrender" Jones and MOAA Reply with quote

Rep Surrender Jones is my Congressman. He is one of 2 Republicans to sign on with the Surrender party legislation. He is an embarrasment to those who live in his district because he votes for surrender and then, to make up for it, sponsors bills etc to "help" the military. My sense is that if he would support the war on terror then there might not be as many casulties since his actions, as a GOP rep, emboldens the enemy. Walter "Surrender" Jones has bumped out Hanoi Jane as the most despised person in my book (with Murtha, Kerry, and now, "the war is lost" Reid in a dead heat.

Now, what has REALLY infuriated me is that MOAA (Military Retired Officers America) has given Surrender an award. From his web site: "MOAA Chairman of the Board, General Michael Carns, USAF-Ret., presents Congressman Jones with the Col. Arthur T. Marix Congressional Achievement Award for championing legislation to protect retired military families against disproportional health fee increases."

I am embarrased to have ever been a part of MOAA. To sell out to Surrender Jones because he has kept a few $ in our pocket, whislt, IMHO, putting our warriors in harms way, is disgraceful.

MOAA members: please research Surrender Jone's and if you feel as I do, tell MOAA what you think.

Thanks, Steve

1/101st ABN Song Be 3/82d ABN Phu Bai.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: