SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Any GOP debate impact on you?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 1:46 am    Post subject: Any GOP debate impact on you? Reply with quote

Well, I caught most of it and I was probably most impacted positively by the performances of Sam Brownback, Tom Tancredo and Duncan Hunter.

I'll have to give them a much closer look now.

I also thought Romney represented himself well.

I think, though, what struck me most was the unending stream of Demo carping/partisan points that the moderators couldn't get enough of, (eg. "Would Karl Rove be in your White House?") culminating in asking 10 GOP contenders to consider the prospect of Bill Clinton in the WH again and whether it would be a "good idea". GIVE ME A FRIGGIN' BREAK MATTHEWS.

...or did I miss the question as to whether Demo leaders assuming the supine position in front of tyrants and despots on foreign soil was good policy?
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brownback is a good man. Orthodox Catholic. Very strong morals and a healthy social view.

Interestingly, Peggy Noonan who is also orthodox Catholic didn't seem to think much of his performance and thought Romney dominated.

Not good for Brownback.
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I did not get a chance to see the debate...I have heard a lot about it...but my main concern is that I hear so many conservatives who say they would stay home rather than vote for Rudy because he is pro-life. I remember in 2000 when GW asked me to not be a one issue voter...because I am pro-choice...I set my one issue aside and voted for President Bush...there really was no comparison between Bush and Gore and I could not vote for Gore and Kerry (as we all know was never an option for us veterans)...so I must ask the conservative vote to put that one issue aside also and go out and vote. It is important that we remember that if we do not get out and vote...you will let Hilary into the Whitehouse...the same way her hubby got in...by staying home. While my leaste favorite candidate is McCain...can not stand him...if it came down between Hilary and McCain I would have to hold my nose but would vote for a man I do not like or respect to stop Hilary from even coming close.

By staying home from this next elected will not change anything...but actually would hurt their cause...because if we do get a democrat in the pro-choice - pro-life debate would not even arise because any democrat would vote for a pro-choice justice.
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't watch it, specifically because moonbat Chrissy was moderating.
Figured that would be a circus that I couldn't stomach. However I will be watching Fred tonight.

Tonight (Friday) 11:30 pm EDT
2008 CAMPAIGN
Thompson Campaign Speech

Fmr. Sen. Fred Thompson (R-TN) makes his national political début in a speech at the Lincoln Club Dinner. This is his first major address since announcing his presidential exploratory cmte. The Lincoln Club of Orange County’s 45th Annual Dinner is held in in Orange County, CA.

C-span carrying it live.
C-Span
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'm gonna swoon...

Quote:
Sometimes I think that I'm the last guy around who still thinks term limits is a good idea. The professionalization of politics saps people's courage. Their desire to keep their job and not upset anybody overrides all else -- even if it hurts the country.

Fred Thompson Report, May 4, 2007
I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

....and Fred was very, very good.

The debate: Mitt looked good, McCain came off desperate, Rudy was Rudy, Paul sounded the Libertarian notes and the others....why? The most notable aspect inane questions and commentary from the usual MSNBC cast of cretins and tools. Perhaps they were demonstrating the dissing the Dems feared if they debated on Fox. Isn't projection grand?

Abortion? I can't have one and I don't know why I'm obliged to talk about it.

-Wlm Shakespeare
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: