SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Controversy of the media coverage starts again...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sdmoel
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 2:30 pm    Post subject: Controversy of the media coverage starts again... Reply with quote

News story that is slowly coming out, but people are mad that it really hasn't been picked up. Some claim it's due to black on white crime. Controversy of the media coverage starts again, claiming that they freely show white on black crime but suppress the black on white crime coverage.

At any rate, these ******** deserve the death penalty regardless.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Channon_Christian_and_Christopher_Newsom_Murder
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you might be correct about the media attention as I just learned of this horror story last week somewhere...and it occured in January of this year.

Given the alleged brutality of this particularly heinous crime, I'm hardly surprised the media won't touch it.
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something which needs to be looked at in this case is the homosexual aspect. Homosexuality is running rampant in the black community and poses a huge health concern for our society. They call it the "low down" where a "brother" in a show of "power", "punks" another guy.

It has nothing to do with a show of power and psychologists can go blow one, because this is all about young black men growing up without a male presence and not understanding what a man is.

They grow up to be homosexuals.

Aristotle said "man is the beast with rosy cheeks", but surely if he were alive today would agree these beasts have no shame and do not deserve the death penalty.

For animals like this we need to give them hard labor till they die. Death is going too easy on them.

Note: The use of the term "Brother" and "Sister" within the black community is part of the enslavement of blacks by leftists. What is the quickest way to break up the family? Place no value upon kinship and make all who comprise the color of your skin in the world your brother and sister. I doubt Thomas Sowell calls other black men brother. The black community needs to reject communism from their churches and embrace the family unit. Sad that we live in a world where I must clarify the use of the word brother.
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the first major newspaper that I have seen give coverage to this heinous crime.
I give the author credit for raising the "hate crime" aspect but he does not relate the horrific details
of what was done to the victims. Probably a squeamish editor's decision??
If those horrific details don't express "hate", I don't know what does.

Chicago Tribune
Quote:
What is a hate crime?

Some are asking why no media outcry over murders in which victims were white and accused killers are black

By Howard Witt
Tribune senior correspondent
Published June 10, 2007

~SNIP~
But on the other hand, when overall cross-racial violent crimes are tabulated—including incidents not formally classified as racially motivated hate crimes—Justice Department statistics show that blacks attack whites far more often than whites attack blacks.

In 2005, there were more than 645,000 victims of cross-racial violent crimes between blacks and whites in the U.S. In 90 percent of those crimes, black offenders attacked white victims.

"In the old days," said Hutchinson, contemplating that statistic, "when you said 'hate crimes,' it was automatic—whites victimizing blacks. Today you have to pause for a minute and not make automatic assumptions."

“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
SBD
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems that the value of life in this country and the gruesome display of that lack of life just get worse by the day. Here'a a San Diego story.

Quote:
Human head, hand found on highways

By Greg Gross and Angelica Martinez
STAFF WRITERS

February 28, 2007

SAN DIEGO – A tow-truck driver discovered a human head in a trash bag off Interstate 5 yesterday morning, and two hours later, a Caltrans crew 3 miles away found a hand.

The gruesome discoveries along the I-5 corridor came one day after a man's dismembered body was found floating in a culvert in the Palm City community in South County.

Asked yesterday how much of the victim's body had been recovered, San Diego police Lt. Kevin Rooney replied, “We're about halfway there.”

Authorities said the freeway service patrol driver was heading south on I-5 about 6:30 a.m. when he pulled off on the right shoulder and stopped just south of 28th Street on-ramp. He then noticed a black plastic bag lying against the asphalt curve.

The driver picked up the bag, looked inside and saw the head.

While detectives were investigating that discovery, police said a Caltrans crew preparing for routine landscaping found a hand along the southbound state Route 163 ramp to southbound I-5 about 8:30 a.m.

The hand was on the side of the road, in plain view.

“It wasn't hidden or anything. It was just sitting there,” Rooney said.

The hand “appears to be in good condition,” Rooney said. “We're hoping we can get a good set of fingerprints so that hopefully, we can learn who this gentleman was. Everything starts from that.”

Forensic psychiatrist Richard G. Rappaport, associate professor at the University of California San Diego, said one victim does not create a pattern, but cutting up victims “is the kind of thing a serial murderer does. . . . These types are usually under the heading of sexual-sadist murderers.”

He cited notorious killer Jeffrey Dahmer, who dismembered at least 11 of his 17 male victims before his 1991 arrest in Milwaukee.

Rappaport consulted on the case of John Wayne Gacy, who killed 33 men and boys around Chicago. Gacy and Dahmer, he said, found some kind of sexual pleasure in their crimes.

“They feel entitled to do it, destined to do it – required, even, in some way,” Rappaport said.

He said a serial killer may wait months or years before striking a second time, but that the intervals between victims become shorter after that. A crime-spree killer, on the other hand, slays a number of people in a short time.

Regarding the San Diego case, Rappaport said, “With a single case, without two points of contact, I can't say it's more than an individual event.”

The head appears to resemble that of a man whose image was caught by a grocery store surveillance camera. He is believed to be the homicide victim whose dismembered body was found Monday morning in a culvert off Hollister Street in Palm City, Rooney said.

Two workmen on their way to a job discovered the body. They had pulled off the street to look at a map and noticed the remains, partly immersed in the Otay River.

San Diego lifeguards removed the clothed body and searched for evidence.

Rooney wouldn't say how authorities linked the man to the grocery store. A time-and-date stamp on the image indicates it was taken at 4:38 p.m. Friday. The man, possibly in his 60s, was white and balding, with a mustache and glasses.

“From his clothing and the size of his backpack, we theorize that he might have been transient,” Rooney said.

Staff writer Pauline Repard contributed to this report.

SBD
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: