SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

17th: National "Surrender is Not an Option" Day

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 4:30 pm    Post subject: 17th: National "Surrender is Not an Option" Day Reply with quote

From Melanie Morgan and the good folks at "Move America Forward" ...

Quote:
17th: National "Surrender is Not an Option" Day
Sent:Tue 5/15/07 2:49 PM
Reply-to: info@moveamericaforward.org

Great news for those who support our troops, and who are outraged at the recent actions by Congress to cut funding for our troops serving in Operation Iraqi Freedom.

Local pro-troop activists in Northern Nevada, led by organizer Eric Odom, have asked to hold a "Surrender is NOT an Option" protest against Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid outside of Reid's Carson City office (located at 600 William Street #302, Carson City, NV 89701). This event is IN ADDITION to our already scheduled protest event outside Reid's Las Vegas office (located at 333 Las Vegas Boulevard South, Suite 8016, Las Vegas, NV 89101).

Of course, we will also be holding a "Surrender is Not an Option" protest outside of Nancy Pelosi's San Francisco office (located at 450 Golden Gate Ave. San Francisco, CA 94102).

All of these events take place THIS THURSDAY, May 18th at 10:30 AM as part of the National "Surrender is NOT an Option Day." Please pass on word to anyone you can who is anywhere close to these areas to attend these events - we need a big crowd for the media coverage. Our website will have updated information on these events: http://www.MoveAmericaForward.org

On Thursday we will also be unveiling our new ad targeting Pelosi & Reid for their recent actions to undermine the missions of our troops. We are desperately trying to raise enough funds to get this new TV ad campaign seen by millions of Americans.

You can make a contribution to help pay for these ads here: http://www.MoveAmericaForward.org/Contribution
AMOS
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just threw a donation to MAF via Paypal. Sending a check is a hassle and I hate giving out my CC info. I wish more of my donations could be made that way. It's no-brainer.
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 3:36 am    Post subject: Re: 17th: National "Surrender is Not an Option" Da Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:
From Melanie Morgan and the good folks at "Move America Forward" ...

Quote:
.... All of these events take place THIS THURSDAY, May 18th at 10:30 AM as part of the National "Surrender is NOT an Option Day...."

"This Thursday" and "May 18th" don't match up. I assume the events really are on this Thursday.

Schadow
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AMOS wrote:
Just threw a donation to MAF via Paypal. Sending a check is a hassle and I hate giving out my CC info. I wish more of my donations could be made that way. It's no-brainer.

AMOS,
Making any kind of a credit card donation is risky. A year ago, I tried to pay for a book purchase from England. My CC was rejected. Further checking turned up the fact that a donation to a well known charity was the culprit. The charity's list of donors and their CCs were hacked and being used in Europe. The CC company detected the theft but only refused transactions outside of the USA. American transactions were allowed to continue and the CC holders were never notified. It turns out that finding out on my own when I did was really lucky, we had 18 days to get a new card so that my wife could visit family in Viet Nam and not discover when she got there that her CC was invalid.
The CC card companies don't even feel the need to report thefts to the CC holder. They just use this selective denial method.
Jack
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: