SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thompson says he plans to run, wants to be 2008's outsider

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 1:34 pm    Post subject: Thompson says he plans to run, wants to be 2008's outsider Reply with quote

I guess this is about as close to being a done deal as it gets. IMHO, the only question that remains is who will be Thompson's running mate...

Quote:
By Susan Page
USA TODAY
Wednesday, 05/30/07

STAMFORD, Conn. — Politician-turned-actor Fred Thompson plans an unconventional campaign for president using blogs, video posts and other Internet innovations to reach voters repelled by politics-as-usual in both parties, he told USA Today.

Thompson, a former U.S. Senator from Tennessee, has been coy about his intentions with audiences, but made clear in an interview that he plans to run.

"I can't remember exactly the point that I said, 'I'm going to do this,' " Thompson says, his 6-foot, 6-inch frame sprawled comfortably across a couch in a hotel suite. "But when I did, the thing that occurred to me: 'I'm going to tell people that I am thinking about it and see what kind of reaction I get to it.' "

Tennesean.com - cont'd

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was hoping Duncan Hunter would get the nod but he doesn't get the press so maybe someone will pick up on him for a veep so he gets his foot in the door down the road.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=185041267
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:47 am    Post subject: Re: Thompson says he plans to run, wants to be 2008's outsid Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:
I guess this is about as close to being a done deal as it gets. IMHO, the only question that remains is who will be Thompson's running mate...

Quote:
By Susan Page
USA TODAY
Wednesday, 05/30/07

STAMFORD, Conn. — Politician-turned-actor Fred Thompson plans an unconventional campaign for president using blogs, video posts and other Internet innovations to reach voters repelled by politics-as-usual in both parties, he told USA Today.

Thompson, a former U.S. Senator from Tennessee, has been coy about his intentions with audiences, but made clear in an interview that he plans to run.

"I can't remember exactly the point that I said, 'I'm going to do this,' " Thompson says, his 6-foot, 6-inch frame sprawled comfortably across a couch in a hotel suite. "But when I did, the thing that occurred to me: 'I'm going to tell people that I am thinking about it and see what kind of reaction I get to it.' "

Tennesean.com - cont'd

If memory serves correctly both of us speculated the possibility of Thompson/Rice a long time ago, yet now with the Bush administration engaged in seppuku, who knows.

Seems Thompson wants to push the outside the Beltway angle.

If I were on his payroll, my suggestion without hesitation would be JC Watts of Oklahoma.
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Thompson says he plans to run, wants to be 2008's outsid Reply with quote

[quote="GenrXr"]

Quote:

If I were on his payroll, my suggestion without hesitation would be JC Watts of Oklahoma.

Oh, Lordy!

Wouldn't that spin the top of liberals? Shocked
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love a man who just flat-out says what he believes. No tip-toeing PC.

Quote:
"This is a battle between the forces of civilization and the forces of evil and we've got to choose sides," Thompson said.

~SNIP~

He won a standing ovation from the dinner crowd of more than 450 in Richmond with a call for stronger borders and an attack on the immigration compromise pending in Congress, and backed by President George W. Bush, that would give 12 million illegal immigrants a shot at citizenship.

"This is our home and we get to decide who can come into our home," he said.

He said Washington's partisan politics had bred cynicism about government and there was a "disconnect" between Washington politicians and Americans.

Thompson, a supporter of the Iraq war, also criticized the Democratic-controlled Congress for its debate on bills that would set withdrawal deadlines and timetables for U.S. troops in Iraq.

"The only real debate going on in Congress is what our surrender date is going to be," he said. "This is what passes for policy in the Democratic Party."

Washington Post

“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thompson now on the web...

http://www.ImWithFred.com
Lance Corporal

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the link. I signed up.

There's a light at the end of the tunnel. Let's hope it's the Border Patrol. Mad
noyesj
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iam happy to see we finelly have a person to support for oval office.

The way I see it, this man shoots from the hep and will not lead us

astray as others have.

the left will do anything they can to shoot Fred down but he is no virgin

in Washington.
Fort Campbell
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fred Thompson speaks on some of the hot topics:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sagvVMfAUa4
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: