SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Taranto: "Noooooooo!"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 1:14 am    Post subject: Taranto: "Noooooooo!" Reply with quote

Just a little dose of Taranto...his tenacity on exposing His Fraudulency at every opportunity is quite remarkable... (Globe story link added)

Quote:
BEST OF THE WEB TODAY
Noooooooo!
BY JAMES TARANTO
Tuesday, May 29, 2007

If Cindy Sheehan thinks she's disillusioned, just wait till erstwhile supporters of John Kerry* see this piece in yesterday's Boston Globe, headlined "Kerry Said to Weigh Politics in 2002 Vote":

Senator John F. Kerry voted for the Iraq war resolution in 2002 after weighing the political ramifications and being told by his future campaign manager that he would never be elected president in 2004 unless he sided with President Bush on the issue, according to a forthcoming book by Kerry's former strategist.
And here we thought Kerry voted for the war, opposed the war when the actual shooting began, voted against a supplemental appropriation to fund the troops, explained that "I actually did vote for the $87 billion before I voted against it," continued to defend his vote for the war, and only after the 2004 election announced that he was against the war and for an immediate retreat because it was the right thing to do!

* See "Senator Quagmire," Best of the Web Today, Sept. 10, 2003. We scooped the Globe by almost four years!

Best of the Web Today
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Add to this, the latest email from Kerry, stumping for Moveon.org's call for Batiste to be reinstated by CBS.

Quote:
"John Kerry" {info@johnkerry.com}
To: lewwaters@I’llnevertell.com
Subject: The Cost of Speaking Out on Iraq
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 16:58:41 -0500

Hi Lew,
The events of last week demonstrate to all of us that we still have miles to go to win the struggle to force a new direction for our policy in Iraq.

Unfortunately, at a time when direct talk is so vital, there is still an effort to marginalize those who speak out against the policy of the Bush White House and the GOP.

Join MoveOn's effort to support a brave career military man who provides one of the most credible and courageous of those voices.

A few weeks ago, the very effective grassroots veterans organization VoteVets released a series of ads featuring retired military leaders speaking out about the broken policy in Iraq. One of them, General John Batiste, spoke forcefully about Bush's "failed strategy that is breaking our great Army."

The price of speaking out? General Batiste was fired from his job at CBS.

Now, there are other retired military members voicing support for the policy of George Bush, and none of them have been fired for it.

This is another in a long line of attempts to make speaking out costly to those who do it, from the Dixie Chicks being pulled from radio play lists to the savage attacks on Jack Murtha -- the smear of Matt Dowd after he spoke out against his old boss -- or the way in which retired military leaders who dared call for Don Rumsfeld's resignation were dismissed and even attacked as disloyal, painted as threats to civilian control of the armed forces. That is cheap and it is shameful.

At a time when the administration cannot let go of the myths and outright lies it broadcast in the rush to war in Iraq, those who know better must speak out.

I know from experience how hard it can be to speak out against a war when there are many powerful forces trying to silence you. But I also know how important speaking out can be -- especially when it comes from those who know what it means to wear the uniform of our country. We need more truth about Iraq, not silenced voices.

So join our friends at MoveOn.org in calling for the reinstatement of General John Batiste.

If we stand together and speak with many strong voices, all calling for a new direction in Iraq, we will bring change.

Sincerely,

John Kerry

NOTE: Emphasis added. Originals were links.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's also rather amusing that Kranish finds evidence of Kerry's political calculus worth headlining. Where ya been Michael?
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoveOn?

They still around? I thought they flaked out with Err Amerika.
GoophyDog
PO1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This came as a surprise? We had eight years of presidency by popular poll when Clinton was in office and a look at any front page article shows the same happening again by the senate and the house.

What does surprise me is the lack of "trial balloons" being sent up to see which way the wind is blowing before they decide which way to go. The recent border legislation is a prime example.
noyesj
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it seems that the sen. form mass. still not turning up his hearing aid
and heard about him self being tossed in the GUTTER as far as anyone
listening to him about anything.
streetsweeper95B
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I once stated elsewhere here that this dawg is gonna keep popping up......he's working the backgroud below radar & he's gonna keep doing it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: